Experiences with voice tallent

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2006.
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Post by Seizetsu »

In the dealers room on Saturday, me and my gang of 6 Chrno Crusaders were waiting in line to meet Greg Aryes and have him sign a few things. So we're all up at the front of the line and our Azmaria walks up and he's like "Oh hi, there!" and then we all kind of shuffle up behind her and Greg exclaims "Oh My God, Its ALL OF YOU!!"

He was very nice and started talking to use while he signed my friends badges and one of my pictures. He even showed us a picture on his cell phone that Moriyama had drawn for him.

He even took pictures of us! XD!!

Then we handed the security guard about 7 cameras and had him take a group picture. ^^

It was really one of the best encounters I've ever had with a voice actor, and I won't forget it!

[color:blue]Tell me about your life and death encounters with voice tallent![/color]
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Post by Seizetsu »

Oh yeah, and Greg plays "the game!"

and I just lost.
Last edited by Seizetsu on Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:30 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Forgot to say I lost
kuroki
Determined Poster

Post by kuroki »

I didn't get to meet any this year unfortuantely. But my friend met Greg and Vic numerous times. I was really hoping to see Vic while I was still in Trisha.

Anime Boston has always been a great con for meeting Voice actors. I know last year we kept running into Scott Mcneil, he's a goof ball actually. And the first year we hung out with Jamie Mcgonagall ( he actually joined our Weiss Rp...>> )

I hope they invite the cool ones again ><. Its always nice when the guests are as excited to meet you as you are them.
Solid Snake
Experienced Poster

Post by Solid Snake »

Vic freaked out when he saw my FMA watch at his autograph session. Had apparently never seen one like it.

Ended-up getting into the elevator with on Saturday, he complimented my g/f and myself on our costumes (Roy and Riza) and was really nice to us. I was a tad on the surprised-side tho.
Starwind Amada
Expert Poster

Post by Starwind Amada »

Me and my friends ran into Richard Epcar a bunch of times (really cool guy to talk with) and at the FUNimation panel, I was sitting in front of Greg Ayres. I didn't say anything to him, but I did speak briefly with the FUNi rep who was in front of me.

I'm still mad at Richard for not putting up those Lupin clips, though. That low-quality Anime Pulse podcast doesn't do them justice.

Also, Vic got excited when I gave him my Macross DVD to sign and I talked to Steve Blum about a certain line in Advent Children (the part where Barret calls Cloud "Spikey;" we both agreed that Beau Billingslea threw that in as a reference to his role in Bebop).
Soex
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Soex »

Since this was my first con and i was still newer to anime i really wish i knew steve blum was there... he is my favorite voice actor
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Hmmm, might be a little late, but this is an awesome story - at least I think so.

So my 2 friends and I are going out for dinner Sat night of the con, and we walk down Boylston towards the library a bit to get away from the teenage crowds. We go to Typhoon, a general Asian restaurant and sit down to have our meal.

About 10 minutes later, I hear this really deep and familar voice, and I'm trying to wonder who the hell it is. So I turn around, and see at the table behind us is Richard Epcar!!! I tell me friends and we're totally stoked. And then we realize that a bunch of the Guests of Honor were there, including Vic, Mary McGlynn, Steven Blum and some others (I forget exactly). So we're spazzing out like the fanboys and fangirl we are (even though we're in our early 20s) and wondering what we can do. We were considering asking for photos or autographs, but realized it would be totally rude and selfish, seeing how they're at dinner and came there for the same reason we did: to get away from crazy fans.

And then I remembered something from my college education: people love free booze. So we called the waiter over and told him we wanted to buy a round of drinks for the Guests' table. He goes to inform them of our treat, and they start thanking us and making small talk.

It was really cool in the end to do something nice for all of them, considering they spend their free time coming up here. Better yet, we got to tell our 4th friend who wanted to play video games instead of coming to dinner. He was totally jealous. }:|
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Post by Seizetsu »

Wow, that's a great story! You guys have good luck, going to the same place as the guests of honor!
Faye
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Faye »

Ah Vic is really nice! 8D I didn't see him at Anime Boston because 2007 will be my first time going to this con. But I saw him at Anime Next last year. =D

He saw my name on my badge and wanted to know how to say it. (It's a russian name spelled french, gee thanks druggie father xD ) Anyways he was all, "Don't tell me, don't tell me!"

Then he said it and got it right on the first try and he was so happy he jumped up and high-fived me. xD It was pretty awesome.

Oh and we had them sign stuff for my brother who wasn't there because he ran off with some people he met. One of the girls, I can't remember who, wrote her autograph as something like, "You better thank your Mom you little punk!" xD It was so hilarious.

Anywho, Vic really is nice. A very normal person too. xD This one girl tripped on the platform thing and he gave her a hug to make her feel better. He's cool.
Narutard94
Experienced Poster

Post by Narutard94 »

oh, i wanted to meet Vic and Steve! ...well, actually, at the time i didnt really know who they were, but I hope Steve Blum comes again, he's really cool!
The_Kurro_Thing
Veteran Poster

Post by The_Kurro_Thing »

Greg-sama plays the game??!

DARN.

I Tom Selleck'ed it up.

But, yeah. I /almost/ met him. But then one person in our group decided to go to lunch... We were first in line, and when we got back, the line was really long, so we just went to another panel.
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

Whenever I talk about my plans for meeting a voice actor, I'm very outgoing about it, like I would say, "I'm gonna tell [insert name] how awesome he/she is and that I'm his/her #1 fan!". Well, when i first met Vic Mignogna, I felt so small and shy. I just told him that his website was cool. I was too nervous to get into a real conversastion with him. Imagine what would happen if it was Steve Blum or Crispin Freeman instead! I wouldn't even say a word!
AB Cosplays:
Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion, AB '07)
Original Black Rose Duelist (Utena, AB '08)
Rule 63 Light Yagami (Death Note, AB '09)
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Beatrice (Umineko, AB '11)
Matryoshka!Miku (Vocaloid, AB '12)
James Moriarty (BBC Sherlock, AB '12)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
Thom Yorke (Radiohead, AB '14)
Daiya Higashikata (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, AB '15)
Elizabeth "Lisa Lisa" Joestar (Jojo, AB '16)
Rohan Kishbe (Jojo, AB '17)