Bishounen Support Corps

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2006.
Double Mark
I'm new!

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Double Mark »

Google suggests that before the new forums went up, several people were looking for more information on the Bishounen Support Corps.

This is Captain Double Mark of the Bishounen Support Corps speaking.

We'll be happy to answer any questions you want; I'll be watching on the forum and we're all listening at bishounen-support-corps@mit.edu (to answer one question, we are from MIT).

I'll post a link to our gallery in the "post links to photos here" post shortly, since linking here seems to be discouraged.

To all our unsuspecting victims (and our onstage suspecting one), the results will be up shortly!

-Double Mark
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by kiarrens »

You guys were awesome. :thumbup: Keep up the great work - I'll need you next year. ~_^
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Double Mark
I'm new!

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Double Mark »

The link is up in the "Links to Photos" section. The images are kindly hosted on Lieutenant Alex [fan duty]'s server, so it may get totally smashed. If it's a little slow, this is why.

If smashing occurs, I'll move them to an MIT-based server that can take it.

-Double Mark
Vanguard
Expert Poster

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Vanguard »

I saw you guys too, I couldn't help but crack up at that whole thing ^_^
Inujosha
Getting the hang of this...

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Inujosha »

Yeah, question. Do you guys do birthdays, bachelorette parties, barmitzvahs, things like that?

Also, I have a clog in my sink, and I think it's a bishounen action figure that got caught in there. Should I call a licensed plumber, or can you guys field that one?
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Seizetsu »

You guys were absolutely amazing. What a creative idea! And so well done! You really captured, and put on display like some circus freak, the aura of the bishounen.
Double Mark
I'm new!

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Double Mark »

Rest assurred that we're working on some ideas for next year, and we may bring back the Squad itself for a brief visit on request.

Among other things, we have a Pillows/Asian Kung-Fu Generation/video game/random anime opening cover band (Can't you just see The Light Before we Land from Gunslinger Girl as a rockin' power ballad? We can.), but it seems from the forums that there exist many bands who would like to come and no time to fit them in. AB permitting, maybe we could sign up to do a song or two in the karaoke room and provide our own background music, or something.

Of course, we also have some costume ideas, and we guarantee at least 110% of last year's weirdness or your money back.

-Captain DMark speaking for the Bishounen Support Corps (17th Field Division)
Pathfinder

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Pathfinder »

[color:purple]OMG You guys were so cool that I'm using acronyms like "OMG' instead of typing 'Oh my God' in all my excitedness. You guys rocked so hard, though I was a little disappointed, I thought Zelgaids fell into the Bishionen catagory. :-/

Bishonen Support Corp is coming back next year? That would be amazing. Oh and since you guys are the masters of all things bishonen I was wondering if you could help me pick out a character for next year. I've got a nice list going now, but I was wonder which I should pick and if there's any that I'm missing. I've desided to stear clear of Naruto and FMA because the over population of character from those shows from last year (I'm a fan of being unique at a con, like no more than two or three others of my characters present). I was also thinking pretear but not many people have seen it and if I do Hyate everyone will think i'm from FMA. I'm 5'6 and have dark brown hair to my butt, brown eyes and an athletic build (I do have some boots that make me 5'11 if needed though, not hard to walk in at all, I wore them all con last year). The goal here is that I want to be chased by fan girls. Any ideas?

Options:
~ Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing
~ Nikki from Chrono Cross
~ Sanji from One Piece
~ Kenshin from samurai x rouroni kenshin)
~ Phantom Dark from D.N.Angel
~ Kurama (or Yoko) from Yuyu Hakasho
~ Tsuzuki from Descendents of Darkness
~ Dr. Muraki from Descendents of Darkness
~ Anubis from Ronin Warriors[/color]
Joshua Dauphinais, Anime Boston Hall Cosplay Coordinator 2009-2012.

My Law cosplay brings all the girls to the yard.

Anime Pimp
Getting the hang of this...

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Anime Pimp »

Part of the MIT anime club? and yes you all rocked
Pathfinder

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Pathfinder »

I will be Dark next year, so I'm looking forward to seeing you guys next year!

drgnladysupreme
Committed Poster

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by drgnladysupreme »

[quote=Pathfinder][color:purple]
~ Tsuzuki from Descendents of Darkness
~ Dr. Muraki from Descendents of Darkness[/color]
[/quote]
Know that if you choose either, there will either be a non-serious stalking weekend, or a Muraki showdown. <.<;
I suggest Tsuzuki, with the puppy additions to it, and a cinnamon bun. Yup... That'll do if you go towards Yami no Matsuei.
J. Love Tatum
God hustle, 2016! Good hustle.
2017 is gonna be totally rad.
  • Hints will go here
  • For something old and new.
Pathfinder

Bishounen Support Corps

Post by Pathfinder »

heh heh heh, nice. (I heart being stalked) I still want to do Dark but there's still a chance i won't. See, I want to do Dark only if I have a Krad with me both of us with huge wings that open and close. Right now the only certain costume I have is one I've been invited to cameo with. I have a possible Krad now, but we're not sure of all the details just yet. The only problem with doing Tsuzuki is that if you aren't familiar with Yami no Matsuei you aren't even going to take note that I'm in cosplay.. though I'm told I bear a certain resemblance now that my hair is shorter.. hmm, I went from looking kind of like Duo to looking kind of like Tsuzuki.. weird, no?