Already making Anime wishlist for 2013!?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
mistyhayes88
Expert Poster

Already making Anime wishlist for 2013!?

Post by mistyhayes88 »

Anyone else looking up new or older anime that you might want to buy during Anime Boston Next year?
Sadly I bought 22 anime this year! (well that's great!!! :lol: ) But I also have 40 anime on my list!!! That's after I remove the 22 that I bought! :o

Tell me if you're already making your list! Or if I'm absolutely insane! :lol:
I have a strict No Pirating Policy in my home. So if a friend were to give me a pirated copy of a film I shot right out and try to find it!

I'm hoping that Crunchy Roll will box set Gintama and Eyeshield 21 for next year!! That'd be awesome!!
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Re: Already making Anime wishlist for 2013!?

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Well, I have a bad feeling that Naruto will sadly end within the next year, and if it does, then I'm definitely buying a complete boxset if one comes out.
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
mistyhayes88
Expert Poster

Post by mistyhayes88 »

That...would be the largest box set EVAR!!! :shock:
Cyspark
Experienced Poster

Post by Cyspark »

No if One Piece just up and rage quit that just be the biggest box set ever.
mistyhayes88
Expert Poster

Post by mistyhayes88 »

I have to admit I wasn't very happy with the selection of bags this year. I wanted to buy an anime purse\pocket book\messenger bag but the selection was pathetic.

I've been updating my Anime Boston wishlist, I said I had 40 earlier, but it's more like 80 items all told.
That's individual box sets, key chains, magnets, bags\purses, charms, plushies, figures, etc. etc.

I'm hoping to get my hands on

Rizelmine
Hare + Guu
Kyo Kara Maoh
Gintama (I talked with the attendant, and he said if the movie sold well they were thinking of dubbing the whole thing!)
Eyeshield 21
Vandread
Mushi-shi
Oh so many more, a few that it would be a miracle to find! (Sailor moon, digimon,)

What are some things that you liked\disliked about the dealers room this year? What are some things on your lists, if you've still got lists!! lol
yunaofparadise
Dedicated Poster

Post by yunaofparadise »

Well generally at a dealer's room that sells anime products, a lot of the booths will sell the same items from the same anime show, so going around the whole dealer's room to find the cheapest price on something can be a pain. Example: $20 or $15 for a wall scroll. Hey it saves me $5!
mistyhayes88
Expert Poster

Post by mistyhayes88 »

So true! I bought a wall scroll for 18, only to find the same one later for 15. I beat myself up over it for a while, and when I wanted to get a plush I almost made the same mistake, but caught myself just in time!

There are always things people regret they didn't buy after the convention. What are some of yours?

I regret not getting:

magnets
a Vampire Knight bag
Fairy Tale 3&4
Dance in the Vampire Bund manga 10&11
Sesshomaru Plush (old one died)
Ryo-ohki backpack
Giant Meowth or Charizard plush