Informal Dance: Memories and nightmares

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
StormKey81
I'm new!

Informal Dance: Memories and nightmares

Post by StormKey81 »

Hey all!

So This was my first year going to one of the informal dances and I must say it was a blast. The energy of the djs was amazing, the people awesome, and the two rooms was a nice touch.

But anyways, what are your memories, nightmares or missed connections from the dances?

Edit: My bad! No missed connections! Sorry!
Last edited by StormKey81 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faceman
AB Executive

Re: Informal Dance: Memories, nightmares, and missed connect

Post by Faceman »

We don't allow Missed Connections posts on our forums, as we want to keep out of the romantic encounters and dating area completely. I'll allow the rest of this thread's purpose to stay, but if I start seeing Missed Connections posted in here, I'm going to remove the thread completely.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Re: Informal Dance: Memories, nightmares, and missed connect

Post by NobiZero »

Was kind of dancing with a girl on Friday, must have jumped wrong, heard my knee make a snap noise, but I ignored it and kept on until I needed water. I told her I needed to get a drink and took off. When I got to the water cooler, I could barely walk. My knee was killing me. Pretty much ended my night. Apologies to whomever you are.
jennifibber
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Informal Dance: Memories and nightmares

Post by jennifibber »

For my first dance, it was pretty epic. I didn't fully know what to expect, but once I got there I just had fun. I loved the energy of the place, and it was so fun watching the DJs and everyone get into it. I'm no dancer and I'm way too self-conscious for my own good, but I let go and just enjoyed myself. A couple friends and I kind of started a game of ninja in the back, which was pretty fun. Overall, it was a great experience. No nightmares to be found. ;]
Which reminds me of a story...
--
I've cosplayed as:
Fem!Grimmjow - 2012
dstnyskr
Expert Poster

Post by dstnyskr »

I'm curious I heard from some of my roomies that the informal dance ended early saturday night? anyone know what happened?
Let destiny decide.
~AB veteran 2006-2017(missed '15)~
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

dstnyskr wrote:I'm curious I heard from some of my roomies that the informal dance ended early saturday night? anyone know what happened?
Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15082
Chris O'Connell

HoshikoYoukai

Post by HoshikoYoukai »

I had so much fun both days! Although on the second day i was not really feeling the dance right away but i got into it eventually. I was really happy greg aires was the DJ at the cons i have been with him at the r- dances are always great! I am a little sad that the dance ended early on Saturday, but after seeing the EMTs out side i did not question
heyyouthere
Expert Poster

Post by heyyouthere »

Noobs at their first big dance trying to do whatever it took to see DJ Midget. I was in the front and had to body-block and had barely any room to groove because of one person or another. I left at 12:50 Saturday, thank god! Stayed the whole night in the front with no real issues on Friday. When I left Friday there was a kid where the info desk/hiphop doors were, needing to get EMT attention. The Dj's are always dope but it is the young crowd that have to get super wasted in one fashion or another to have a good time, that potentially damage everyone elses fun. The dances are all well and good, I just hope the noob crowd doesn't ruin it for the next years to come. The AB staff always does FANTASTIC work being as short-staffed as they are! All-in-all, it was a great time.
AB'12-'13
THUR: Harry Potter - Hufflepuff house
FRI: Adventure Time- Finn
SAT: WILDC.A.T.s.(comic) - Grifter
R^V3: FLASH

downwash.tumblr.com
youtube.com/XsteveswansonX
BrookeAnn
Experienced Poster

Post by BrookeAnn »

Horror story- the Pedobear chased us four times!!! No, Pedobear, we don't want to dance with you!!! WAH!

Other than that, supermegafoxyawesomehot as usual ^^
Excitement so thick, if I had a spoon I could not help but cut it.
haru.

Post by haru. »

Saturday was probably the best informal dance I've attended, though it got shut down! I was posting up in the back, just off the dancefloor, doing lightshows with my glowstick bracelets and taking up as much room as I possibly could while flailing around. I was kind of impressed with myself because of the amount of people who actually gathered around me to watch! I didn't think anyone really noticed because I was in my own little world enjoying myself :3 But if you saw me, I was in a blue tutu and neon yellow crop top with baby blue thigh high fishnets, white fluffies, and a big blue wig with curly pigtails and blue cat ears. I hope whoever stopped to watch or take videos (because I know some people did!) enjoyed the show! And I hope you all had fun too! <3 =^.^=
AmericanStandard

Post by AmericanStandard »

that i missed out on saturday :cry: :cry: :cry:
xXmisamarasanXx

Post by xXmisamarasanXx »

I went to the informal dance for the first time on saturday, it was alot more fun than i expected and normally i tend to feel awkward in situations where i have to dance but this time i just let go and had fun. c:

I was a little creeped out though because this really huge tall guy in a dog costume grabbed my hands and tried dancing with me, with this total creeper status look on his face ;__; i immediately felt scared and intimidated and tried breaking away.
Then when me and my friends moved to another area of the dance, he was there again and tried dancing with me D: thank god my friend took my hand and brought me to the other side of the dance floor.

Over all though we stayed from the beginning to 1 am and had alot of fun ^-^
KatryanaJazmin

Post by KatryanaJazmin »

I think this year's dance was even more amazing than last year!! It was really crowded especially in the front but I felt that was part of the experience!! I had so much fun and was sad when it ended early but whateves.. I CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
mclovenasty

Post by mclovenasty »

So this isn't so much of a dance memory, since I wasn't at the dances necessarily. I was working as a volunteer for the informal dance on Saturday! :D

Well to explain, I was painted all white on my face, with black lipstick and eye makeup and eyebrows and wig and such. You may have seen me hehe, and if so I apologize for shouting I was in con security mode. Anyways...

So I'm working the line, asking people to keep their badges out, and a man comes running up to me with a wild look in his eye and I thought nothing of it, he probably just wanted to go into the dance... but he said probably the funniest thing I heard all con.
"Now don't take this as a race thing or nothin', but you've gotta be the palest b**** I have ever seen in my life!"

And then he ran along with the line.

So... I really love that memory and I'm sure most find it silly hehe.
But seeing all the cute outfits and cosplayers and just people having fun made me so happy! You guys all seemed super duper nice!
MisfitM3L

Post by MisfitM3L »

I was not please with the dance this year at all.
I kept getting shoved. I go to shows all the time and usually there is space to dance around with out people shoving you the whole time.
The music was alright but i was hoping for a little more dubstep.
The only thing i was truely excited to see was Alice and the Bunny doing there dance bit in the not so crowded room.
Needless to say I did not stick around for long. :/
Salith
Obsessed Poster

Post by Salith »

I went last year to the dance which was a lot of fun, and I went again this year.

One good thing I saw was, there was a security/staff member walking around making sure no one was getting busy (or at least on the outside of the dance floor). I saw her stop a couple on the ground who tried to get busy. Come on people, we do not need to see it.

I gotta say the music was really good (love the DJ's, always playing awesome music) but there were a lot of things I didn't like about the dance. I know some things cannot be helped but I think that the dance could be better if other measures are taken.
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Post by NobiZero »

MisfitM3L wrote:I kept getting shoved. I go to shows all the time and usually there is space to dance around with out people shoving you the whole time.
This. it seemed like no matter where you moved, there was always someone trying to walk through where you were. This is why there are openings around the sides and back. Have some courtesy, people.
BBoyDragon13
Expert Poster

Post by BBoyDragon13 »

Well I had a blast both night with my dance crew in the small room breaking it down.. even tho Saturday night there seem to be a misunderstanding with the permission to allow b-boying/breakdancing in the small room but we just talk to higher ups and gave us other half of the small room.. So It was allot of fun I finally broke my own head spin record so I'm happy :)
B-Boy Dragon from Anime Breakers

Contacts
www.facebook.com/BBoyDragon13
www.facebook.com/animebreakers
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Regarding this topic, please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=15328
Chris O'Connell

Kico_kun
Experienced Poster

Post by Kico_kun »

I didn't go. Did I miss much?