Cosplayers- Help a college senior with her capstone project!

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
jughands
Veteran Poster

Cosplayers- Help a college senior with her capstone project!

Post by jughands »

Hi!

Are you a college student by day and Sailor Moon by night? Are you an engineer who's working on an accurate Gundam mecha? I need your help!

My name is Mabel, and I'm currently a senior at a small college in Boston. As part of my capstone project this year, I'm working on creating a multimedia journalism piece about the lives of local Boston cosplayers. Multimedia journalism means that the piece will incorporate multiple forms- text, audio, video, graphs, and more!

For this project, I'm in need of cosplayers! I'm looking to feature up to 3 cosplayers who lead interesting lives outside of cosplay and in it! This project would involve me interviewing you and shadowing you for a day or so to see what you get up to in and out of cosplay! I would also love to film shots of you working on a current project and speak to you about the evolution of the cosplay community.

My goal with this piece is to show my audience that cosplay is much more than a hobby; for some it's a business and for some it's a lifestyle. I want to show people a glimpse of the world of cosplay and the Boston cosplay community!

This would be unpaid volunteer work, but I would be willing to treat you to coffee or something! This piece also has the potential to be published locally, regionally or nationally, so you would get to showcase your work to the world!

If you are interested in helping me out or you know someone who would be interested, please feel free to get in contact with me! I can be reached at mabel.sterritt@newbury.edu, and will respond to any email within 24 hours. You can also find me on Twitter (@mabelsterritt), and if you'd like to see samples of my work, check out my YouTube page!

Thanks for the help! Hope to hear from some of you! :)
:mrgreen:
arthurnottheking
I'm new!

Re: Cosplayers- Help a college senior with her capstone project!

Post by arthurnottheking »

Hi Mabel,

I'm working on a library cosplay project for elementary students - our chosen topic is King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table. You may alo contact Diana Maliszewski for the details. Btw, do you have anything interesting to share? I would appreciate your ideas too.

Arthur
arthurnottheking
I'm new!

Re: Cosplayers- Help a college senior with her capstone project!

Post by arthurnottheking »

arthurnottheking wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:07 am I'm working on a library cosplay project for elementary students and need to write my essay today - our chosen topic is King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table. You may alo contact Diana Maliszewski for the details. Btw, do you have anything interesting to share? I would appreciate your ideas too.
Edit: is there any service for cosplay costumes or any contact details of people who could make a DIY costume for such an occasion?