AB2015 Loner's Group!!!

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

AB2015 Loner's Group!!!

Post by Aurabolt »

In the spirit of the thread for 2013 (note: It is now LOCKED), I am making one for AB2015.

Going alone and want some folks to hang out with? This is the place to make it known ^_^

While I am not formally running a Loner's group this year, I will be going to AB2015 alone for the 5th year in a row. Also: I be (hopefully) running at least four panels at AB2015. You're more than welcome to come to one or all of them if you'd like. If you'd like to cohost my panel or that of any other panel, see my other thread.

If anyone wants to take point on organizing the Loner's Group, by my guest.

I'm just looking for someone to hang out with Friday morning and Saturday night before and after my panel. You would also be invited to attend my first anual "Aurabolt's Copanelist Dinner" Sunday after the con's done. The place will be either UNOs or Wagamama as we haven't finalized that yet.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
KariKessler
Expert Poster

Re: AB2015 Loner's Group!!!

Post by KariKessler »

What panel do/did you run any year?
~Music~
[/b]
!~Anime~!

~!>Sleep<!~

~!>^Food^<!~

These are the ingredients chosen to create the perfect meds for sadness
[/color]
But Professor Kessler accidentally added a chemical ingredient

P~!O~!W~!
[/color] (explodes)
Reality ._. ......
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

So glad you asked:

* Clannad: The Place where Wishes Come True (2012-2014)
* Fanfiction: Because AU CAN be Fun! (2012-2013)
* Court Records: Ace Attorney (2013-2014)
* Persona 4: Pursuing My True Self (2014)

...This year I have so far done applications for the following panels for AB2015:

* Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Comes True (90 Mins)
* Pokemon: 20 Years Later (2 Hours)
* Persona 4: Pursuing My True Self (60 Minutes)
* Panels: Best Practices (60 Minutes)

I am considering doing five but haven't made up my mind. #5 would be on Tales of Symphonia XD
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
bluedragon819
I'm new!

Post by bluedragon819 »

Hey there. I'm attending with only my boyfriend, and we would love to find some people to hang out with. We moved from Alabama last year, and this will be the first con we've ever attended without a pack of friends. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread :D

Also, the pokemon panel sounds really cool. I hope you get approval.
Zombiethebob
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Zombiethebob »

I always go alone. I've missed the past few ABs because I was out of state. Glad to be back. And, of course. Going alone. Lol. So, I guess we'll see what happens.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

i'm going alone (As far as I know right now) i've been going for the past three (i think) years and then 2007 i believe was the last time after the three years i went....

I think it'll help to tell what everyone put on their badges, or what we're cosplaying as so we know what/who we're looking for

i still haven't finalized my cosplay for this year but i think i'm just going to do my fall back (yu Yu hakusho Rinku) if you want to know what i'm talking about please look at my icon for more information or pm me if you wana make friends
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Zombiethebob
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Zombiethebob »

I doubt I'll cosplay. In the very small chance I do. I got myself a KickAss costume online. We shall see. If this thing does kick off I think right before the con we just decide to meet up at a location. If it's a small enough group I wouldn't even care about giving out some form of contact info.

Random. But I'm also part of anime/nerdy meetup groups. Not sure if they do meetups for AnimeBoston but we shall see. I've been going since 2004. (Yes, I'm old. Lol.) Missed the last 3 years. Happy to be going back again. And hopefully actually meet some cool people. Something I haven't done before.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

i think (According to my page anyway) i've been going since 2013 i missed a few years due to not taking it off work, and remembering about it at last minute but oh well

i've been going for the past three years (After 2013 i just stopped going) i came back 3 years ago (i think)
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective