Libraries, schools, or individuals for manga/book donation?

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Amjam
Determined Poster

Libraries, schools, or individuals for manga/book donation?

Post by Amjam »

Hey! I've been trying to prune the outrageous quantity of anime related junk I have lying around and never getting read. Some stuff I like to try and sell (Mostly anything I've bought in the past 3-4 years, that can actually be worth half its msrp and stings more to just give away, or stuff I have a complete collection of and can offload in a bundle) but I have a lot of books that I would rather just give away than know they're taking up space.

I know my hometown library had some Negima and FMA when I was in high school, and that was very popular, but they don't take donations most of the time. And I don't want to get banned from Annie's Book Stop for attempted oversaturation. Anybody know of anywhere I could drop off stuff like old Shonen Jump issues, vols 1-3ish of assorted series (Stuff like Naruto, Pokemon adventures, etc) or Warrior cats books, where it'd find a happier home? Anybody in the Worcester area want to take those Shonen Jump issues off my hands, no questions asked? Haha.

Oh - this hit me as an afterthought, but whoever's staffing the AB Manga Library next year should get first dibs on anything that would belong or be wanted there. No clue if they're in want of donations. I'm gonna shoot off an e-mail. Any direction welcome!
:geek: Arthur
attendee since '06, occasional panelist
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Re: Libraries, schools, or individuals for manga/book donati

Post by waynoinsano »

I'm a member of 2 different groups on Facebook dedicated to anime sales if your willing to ship stuff out or some people arrange at con transactions. Kinda like otaku craigslist and Anime Manga And More Items For Sale atleast take a look at what people are selling to get price range ideas. Another option depending on how much you have to lug is to try the AB swap meet, after the thread is made you can set up some trades and only have to bring what your trading ,you might have something that doesn't interests you anymore you can trade to someone in the same boat for something that catches your eye. All else fails throw a yard sale or donate to Saver/Goodwill or the like.
arthurnottheking
I'm new!

Re: Libraries, schools, or individuals for manga/book donation?

Post by arthurnottheking »

amjam wrote:
Oh - this hit me as an afterthought, but whoever's staffing the AB Manga Library next year should get first dibs on anything that would belong or be wanted there. No clue if they've options to buy personal statement or in want of donations. I'm gonna shoot off an e-mail. Any direction welcome!

Hi,

I know that Clermont County Public Library accepts such donations. They are situated in Milford, OH, so you can ask about the donation details via their official contact form. By the way, does anyone have any images to share from their recent Librari*Con on November 2?