Anime Boston Singles Meetup 2013

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Rox3l
Determined Poster

Re: Anime Boston Singles Meetup 2013

Post by Rox3l »

So, I know that I was told there were a lot of people that decided to not join the Facebook group for whatever reason but if you would like to come to get together anyway. We are having it on Saturday at 12 in the Courtyard. And if people so choose they can migrate to the food court to get lunch together.
AB'13: Riven (League of Legends)
AB'14: Queen Elinor (Brave)
AB'15: Female Twisted Fate (League of Legends)
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

I'll be checking this event out as well. Thanks for mentioning the time and date. As for other food options, I suggest Wagamama. Great food, ideal for an anime con due to large tables, and unique to Boston, so it's ideal for veterans and new people as well.
Rox3l
Determined Poster

Post by Rox3l »

It's a nice place and an option, but it is kind of expensive.
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

That is a concern for many, true. We'll have to vote on it, so I say we just meet in the Courtyard first, as suggested.
animegirl28
Experienced Poster

Post by animegirl28 »

I think that's a good idea. I really can't afford somewhere expensive- I don't have a lot of money, seeing as I am so far unable to find a job and I have very little reserves left over from working during the school year (where i only worked 2 hours a week). So yeah, let's just meet in the Courtyard.
1991nc
I'm new!

Post by 1991nc »

I'm not exactly searching for that special someone, because I avoid desire (leads to suffering if you don't have what you want), but if I were to meet a gal that could understand my views on this gorgeous world, I would deff consider.

I guess I'm just old fashioned and like to take things slow

Hope everyone finds joy in all directions :)
I have Facebook if anyone wants a friend (I'm straight, but enjoy helping both parties be happy)
Some people just want someone to talk to. I'm all ears. :D
I'm a hopeless romantic; my love is life.
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

May I suggest, if money is an issue, making it a potluck picnic? Everyone bring a little thing of food, so it's not overwhelmed with, say, ALL chicken salad and no bread! :lol: We can arrange to meet at an outside place, if the weather is nice, and if need be, Shaw's is across the street :P
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
Rox3l
Determined Poster

Post by Rox3l »

That is another really interesting idea. :) I can not wait to meet everyone.

So, should I bring those little name tag things? Or do people just want to introduce themselves? This seems to have changed from a singles meetup to a friend gathering. (If you are looking forward to maybe meeting a special someone don't discourage. You are not the only one.)
DrakaDark
Veteran Poster

Post by DrakaDark »

Sat at noon courtyard check. I'll make sure to try and make this. hopefully nothing I really like is going on at the same time. I'll more then likely just grab something fast from the food court and bring it over unless we are doing the potluck picnic. If we do the potluck picnic we need to organized who brings what and stuff especially if we are all sharing.
ren-chan
Expert Poster

Post by ren-chan »

I'm really looking forward to this! I'm in the facebook group too but I couldn't post it there because comments show up publically D:
AB'11
Hannah Anafeloz

AB'12
Hannah Anafeloz
Prince Soma

AB'13
Hannah Anafeloz
Kusuriuri (Mononoke)

AB'14
Fiona (Adventure Time)
Aoi Asahina

AB'15
Gumi (Vocaloid)
Sailor Chibiusa (Sailor Moon, possibly)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Rox3l wrote:It's a nice place and an option, but it is kind of expensive.
UNTRUE.

$10-15 isn't much even if you're on a budget and/or vegan. If everyone who shows up puts in $20 that'll cover the bill plus tip. If you can afford to buy a a $20 Sweatshirt or two volumes of your favorite Manga you can afford this xD

Here's a link to their takeout menu (same as dine-in): https://www.diningin.com/a-la-carte/res ... 09/1100289

$20 covers literally any entree plus about half the appetizers. Or you could get a bowl of Ramen ($11.44) and a large order of one of their fruit juices ($4.54 or $6.25 for example) and still have enough money left to leave a tip.

...I am also actually interested in organizing an after-Con dinner Sunday evening at Wagamama at 6:00PM for those interested. at least 5 people come forward before next Friday I will book it in advance. Otherwise I'll book it the day of.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Sessui
I'm new!

Post by Sessui »

I'm really interested in going and joining you guys and I don't have fb so could I possibly get a recap if possible? Sorry don't mean to be a pain.
Rox3l
Determined Poster

Post by Rox3l »

Recap, We are going to meet in the courtyard Saturday at noon by the fountain (I'm pretty sure there's a fountain out there.)
GeekyPanda404
Experienced Poster

Post by GeekyPanda404 »

Rox3l wrote:Recap, We are going to meet in the courtyard Saturday at noon by the fountain (I'm pretty sure there's a fountain out there.)
Check the weather, it says its going to rain all weekend.
AB 2017 COSPLAYS - "Soldier 76 "Strike-Commander Skin" Overwatch / "XOF Soldier" Metal Gear Solid 5

The Geeky Panda Blog
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

30% chance only on Saturday. Either way, we could meet near the food court.
GhostMoonWolf
Getting the hang of this...

Post by GhostMoonWolf »

hey single girl here.So I read that theres a meet up on sat. around noon at or near the food court/ court yard. I'm a lonar usually but at big things like this I prefer hanging with others so long as the group isn't to big. (bad experiences with being bullied in large groups so I get anxious) I'm going on for the entire weekend Fri-Sun. My partner bailed on me so I'm going alone for the con.
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Waiting near paradise in the food court. It's raining outside and I have several tables, so here's as good a place as any.
Rox3l
Determined Poster

Post by Rox3l »

Okay, so I kind of dropped the ball on this little get together and I apologize. There was a lot more going on with the con than I had anticipated and I was very unorganized Saturday. I would like to try and plan something for this summer.

Also, I have Skype and us it daily so if anyone would like to add me my name is Starrsflame.