Looking for any cosplayers for "cosplay documentary"

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

Pardon, if this is the wrong area to post this:

Looking for as many people possible to document for a "cosplay" documentary in HD. We do not guarantee this, but will TRY to get everyone who responds.

Cosplay is Japanese for costume-play, in particular for anime conventions, but not limited to American comic conventions, sci-fi conventions, fetishists, etc.

This is a documentary that will be shot at conventions from East to West Coast (Anime Boston, San Diego Comic Con, Anime Vegas, possibly more)

This documentary will be a year long process, due to the conventions we are traveling to, but you can be assured a DVD copy when this is done, credit in the documentary, and recognition.

You will be shot live, and we are looking to even follow some people at their surroundings (if permitting) at work, at school, or even conventions.

PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS or you will be ignored! If interested, we request the following:

1. A brief bio of yourself, about your name, where you live now, your current occupation, how you got into cosplay, and anything else that might be related (e.g. convention drama, your parents were fashion designers and influenced you, you cosplayed because of your love for dance life, etc). PLEASE ADD YOUR AGE! We do not restrict, and are looking for all ages, all races, all sexes, etc.

2. Send pictures of your best cosplay (videos will help as well, if you have them)

3. Email us your best availability (shooting may go for 1 hour, each person -- it depends on the scenario though, for example, if we travel with you to your work). We have cars and can drive to your location, if necessary. If you have friends interested, please email them as well.

*4. If you are someone who would like to invest in this project, or help donate in any way, please mention so in your response. We will give credit to any organization who help us.

Shooting may begin as early as mid-December. Our first proposed convention shooting will be Anime Boston 2011.

Please email all responses to: cosplayernation@gmail.com
turpentiney
Veteran Poster

Post by turpentiney »

I'm interested, but I'm a minor, and I don't really feel comfortable about revealing where I live, may I give general idea, such as New York? That's perhaps the only thing I have a problem with. And I would probably prefer going to the Anime Boston shooting if it happens and if I'm accepted. And I might send in the application late December/early January, since I'm going to be getting several cosplays for christmas and I can probably put a video together.
AB 14:
Armin Arlert
(進撃の巨人/Attack on Titan)
Mirai Kuriyama (境界の彼方/Beyond the Boundary)
Yui Komori (DIABOLIK LOVERS)
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=SaraIsWeirdish]I'm interested, but I'm a minor, and I don't really feel comfortable about revealing where I live, may I give general idea, such as New York? That's perhaps the only thing I have a problem with. And I would probably prefer going to the Anime Boston shooting if it happens and if I'm accepted. And I might send in the application late December/early January, since I'm going to be getting several cosplays for christmas and I can probably put a video together.[/quote]

Hi there, thanks for your response: I guess I should rephrase the "location" part as, where would you be comfortable for doing an interview?

And yes that's fine if you want o wait till late Dec/early Jan - looking forward to your video :P