Hiii ;D

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
peteypiranha128
I'm new!

Hiii ;D

Post by peteypiranha128 »

Heya guys c:

I'm planning on going to AB for the first time this year... it's actually my first anime convention ever :o

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me some stuff that i should expect to see and experience there ;D

Also I'm mike, new here, want friends :3
master chief
Veteran Poster

Hiii ;D

Post by master chief »

hey i have been going for a while now and there is a LOT that you will experience there. i will try to make as short of a list as possible.
1. the overall atmosphere is incredible.
2. the friendly cosplayers.
3. the awsome concerts.
4. good artwork to buy in the artists alley.
5. awsome dealers room where you can buy anything from anime and manga to necklaces and clothing.
6. and if you are going to stay at the sheraton boston hotel when the rooms become available then they have some awsome things there as well. the sheraton hotel has a bunch of indoor things like an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and fitness center
Shiggitay
Expert Poster

Hiii ;D

Post by Shiggitay »

[quote=master chief]hey i have been going for a while now and there is a LOT that you will experience there. i will try to make as short of a list as possible.
1. the overall atmosphere is incredible.
2. the friendly cosplayers.
3. the awsome concerts.
4. good artwork to buy in the artists alley.
5. awsome dealers room where you can buy anything from anime and manga to necklaces and clothing.
6. and if you are going to stay at the sheraton boston hotel when the rooms become available then they have some awsome things there as well. the sheraton hotel has a bunch of indoor things like an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, and fitness center[/quote]

+1 to all.

I've been attending AB since 2009, and I like it. I'm a local (I'm in Watertown) and I save money by just taking the 71 bus to Harvard station, then Red Line to Park Street, switch there to get to the Green Line, and then get to the E branch of the Green line to get to the con center district. This past year we did have a hotel, but that was only because we had a lotta friends from out of state visiting that liked being out late, and they didn't want to be confined to the bus/train schedules. If was just my brother and I going, we'd have saved ALOTTA money just commuting between home and the con.

In 2009 it was awesome, because my brother and I lived like 5 blocks away from the con center, if that.

Anyway, yeah AB was my first con ever back in 2009, and I went all out and had alotta fun.
Jantine
Experienced Poster

Hiii ;D

Post by Jantine »

Ive been going to the con since it started and this is my second year on staff. The one thing I have learned over the year is go with the flow and just have fun. That's the point of the con <3 Enjoy!
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

Hiii ;D

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

ive been going since 09 and i love it. its an amazing experiance with great people, cosplays, art and dealers.

just remember these important tips,
1 bathe daily
2 bring deo
3 wear comfy shoes
4 set aside money for food
5 drink lots of water, ibring my own.
6 band aids, just in case
7 dress light for the dance
8HAVE FUN. :D
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Hiii ;D

Post by Phantom 1 »

[quote=Kylie McAwesome]ive been going since 09 and i love it. its an amazing experiance with great people, cosplays, art and dealers.

just remember these important tips,
1 bathe daily
2 bring deo
3 wear comfy shoes
4 set aside money for food
5 drink lots of water, ibring my own.
6 band aids, just in case
7 dress light for the dance
8HAVE FUN. :D[/quote]

FYI, "Deo" means Deodorant.
BlackSunRising
AB Alumni

Hiii ;D

Post by BlackSunRising »

[quote=Phantom 1][quote=Kylie McAwesome]
2 bring deo
[/quote]

FYI, "Deo" means Deodorant.[/quote]

BRINGING it isn't the problem...make sure you USE it, too. ;)
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

Hiii ;D

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

[quote=BlackSunRising][quote=Phantom 1][quote=Kylie McAwesome]
2 bring deo
[/quote]

FYI, "Deo" means Deodorant.[/quote]

BRINGING it isn't the problem...make sure you USE it, too. ;) [/quote]
oh yeah, for the sake of everyone.
everyone needs deo
AB 2015