Looking for companions! (HxH)

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
DShain
Getting the hang of this...

Looking for companions! (HxH)

Post by DShain »

It is certainly early planning, but it is worth shooting for! Earlier this year was my first con experience and I was delighted to make some great friends. I would love to meet more! Specifically I would love to have a group of us in the same series cosplays spending the con/a day or two together.

It would be a dream to have a Hunter x Hunter group going. Any fan of the series knows that it isn't exactly well marketed in America so a lot of people don't know about it. And thus, a small fanbase. I'm planning early because I'm not sure what cosplay to prepare yet and would like to plan it with some friends. You know? 8-)

I think with the Hunter x Hunter 2011 adaptation series going strong, maybe the interest to cosplay it will follow suit!

I'm aware a post like this should also be in the Cosplay groups and gatherings, but I'm more looking for buddies to spend the con with of a certain anime/manga, not a photoshoot. (Although if it led to that, that's cool too!)

If this sounds like fun to anyone, I'm active at DShain.deviantart.com and my msn messenger is speakdshain@hotmail.com. Or just PMing or responding to this post! Thanks!
FantasyDreamer

Re: Looking for companions! (HxH)

Post by FantasyDreamer »

I'm glad to hear about fellow hxh fans. I only know two other fans of the series, I would love to meet more people as well. :D

When I went to the convention this past year I was thrilled to notice a Killua cosplayer but sadly he was the only I saw over the weekend.

It would great to try and do a cosplay group meet up. I'll admit I'm still new to the idea of cosplay, I've only done an Edward Elric cosplay and a Toph Beifong. But I really have been looking forward to a chance to try and make my own costume not just one I've bought or someone from school made for our Avatar group :P Still getting used to conventions as well this year was only my secound :)

I always thought the idea of a group meet up sounded like a great way to meet people but I've never had a chance. When I googled hxh and Anime Boston I was only half hoping to find someone trying to do something like this :D

I would love to try and get together with fellow hxh fans, to try and do a cosplay group. I would just hope I'll be able to make it the convention again next year. I go to school in Maine, so I ended up getting lucky that our RPG club ended up running a trip for the convention this past year. It was a success so odds are that they'll do the trip again.

I feel I should also mention that I love your hxh fanart :3 When I went to look at your profile I laughed because I've had some of your pics favorited for ages :D
DShain

Post by DShain »

Thanks for responding and finding me on DeviantART! I was ecstatic to hear there was interest in this! Also, thank you for the comment about my Hunter art!

I'm pretty new to the whole scene too; This year was my first convention and cosplay attempt. It was a blast,e specially when I mingled with other Ouran cosplayers! I suppose that's why I want to try again for next year. :)
I'm pretty short, so I may have to cosplay as one of the main Hunter kids, but I would be so happy if I could be a part of a Pariston and Ging cosplay, too!
I suppose there are a lot of characters to choose from!!
GameXplayer
Experienced Poster

Post by GameXplayer »

I actually met that Killua. I was cosplaying as Kurapika (it wasn't perfect yet) but I only had time to wear it part of Saturday
FantasyDreamer

Post by FantasyDreamer »

Oh man I missed you then :P I was there all day Saturday. I don't suppose you would be interested in joining us in a possible cosplay meet up?