Wellington Station Orange line

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Wellington Station Orange line

Post by waynoinsano »

I just used the mbta trip planner to check a route. Leaving wellington to back bay, I've used that route before. The route had me take a bus to Malden station and get on the orange line there. Is wellington closed? it had no mention on their site of it being closed.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: Wellington Station Orange line

Post by Sayoria »

I don't go that far on the Orange Line (I go to Sullivan) but haven't heard anything about a closure of the station at all. I would assume they would give a pre-announcement of it before my Sullivan stop.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan »

Wellington Station had been shut down in the past to accommodate remodeling. They're currently working on improving the train yard and the maintenance facility there, which may necessitate occasional rerouting of traffic along the route. You may want to check on the Orange Line Transformation project on the T website for more information.
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

I sent a support ticket last night. They actually replied in about 8 hours. The said station is open
Beagall
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Beagall »

You can also check https://www.mbta.com/alerts/subway in the future. Any issues such as station closures or portions of a line being replaced by bus shuttles will be posted there. There are no alerts for the Orange Line currently.
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

Beagall wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:28 pm You can also check https://www.mbta.com/alerts/subway in the future. Any issues such as station closures or portions of a line being replaced by bus shuttles will be posted there. There are no alerts for the Orange Line currently.
I did which is why I was confused why the trip planner wanted me to tack bus to malden to get on the orange line
Beagall
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Beagall »

waynoinsano wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:02 pm
Beagall wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:28 pm You can also check https://www.mbta.com/alerts/subway in the future. Any issues such as station closures or portions of a line being replaced by bus shuttles will be posted there. There are no alerts for the Orange Line currently.
I did which is why I was confused why the trip planner wanted me to tack bus to malden to get on the orange line
Something seems to be really glitchy with the trip planner on that station. I just tried it myself, and it was suggesting taking a bus from Wellington to a nearby shopping plaza, transferring to another bus to return to Wellington, and then transfer from that bus onto the Orange Line.

Kashimalin
Experienced Poster

Post by Kashimalin »

The planner has definitely been whacky lately, along with some schedules. It's not even showing weekend bus estimates for my local bus lines. I've sent in a ticket myself, but I wonder if those are related or two separate issues.
Also known as Kashi Cosplay!
Currently Sewing: Leif from Bug Fables; Iori Izumi from Idolish7
Future Cosplay Plans: Marielle from "The Tales of Marielle Clarac," Trey Clover from Twisted Wonderland, Yor from SpyxFamily
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Surprisingly, the MBTA has a very good and responsive social media team. What I have found though is that messaging them on Twitter (@MBTA) usually gets a response within a few hours, sometimes within minutes.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Ariandante
Experienced Poster

Post by Ariandante »

I live in Winter Hill and Wellington is my closest T station (at least until the Green Line Medford Branch opens) - I just used the parking garage and grabbed a train last week and can confirm it's definitely not closed.

They *are* doing work on the parking structure though, about half of each floor is blocked off and you need to drive around some of the construction if you want to get up to the commuter area ($5 for the entire day for the top three floors vs pay by the hour for the bottom six).
ah-reh-en-DAHN-tay...
or Kristen... (she/her/hers)
------
AB 2024 Tentative...
Yukako Yamagishi (JJBA DiU), Kagome (Inuyasha), Bunnygirl Haruhi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

2022 - Yor Forger (Spy x Family)
2023 - Ameri Azazel (Marimashita Iruma-kun!), Lady Rengoku (Kimetsu no Yaiba)

------
As radiant dawn vanquishes morning dew,
I shall transcend once more as I arise, and begin anew.
-Mirai Chiara
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

Another orange line question for locals. I saw that they pulled all the new Orange line trains due to a breaking issue. Is there any noticeable slow down in service with the old trains back on the line or is it running normally?
Lamron
AB Staff

Post by Lamron »

waynoinsano wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:49 pm Another orange line question for locals. I saw that they pulled all the new Orange line trains due to a breaking issue. Is there any noticeable slow down in service with the old trains back on the line or is it running normally?
I haven't taken a ride on the Orange line since they pulled the trains, but today I was taking a break and was next to the line and it looked liked it was running pretty good. A train about every 5 mins and 6 cars to a train.
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022 - 2024

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
Kashimalin
Experienced Poster

Post by Kashimalin »

Nice to find out post-riding one on Wednesday that they pulled them for the breaking issue.

Can agree there have been no delays apparent in the morning or evening rush so far. I'll keep an eye out next week as congestion grows for the holiday weekend.
Also known as Kashi Cosplay!
Currently Sewing: Leif from Bug Fables; Iori Izumi from Idolish7
Future Cosplay Plans: Marielle from "The Tales of Marielle Clarac," Trey Clover from Twisted Wonderland, Yor from SpyxFamily
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

They pulled them already?!?
oh wow, i just rode one of the new trains last week no less! The station announcements even had an extra recorded line saying it was gonna be a new train when they did the "so and so train is now arriving"

There didn't seem to be much delay, just usual 10~ish minutes wait
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?