Weather in Boston 2020

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Weather in Boston 2020

Post by Elli21486 »

You know, the weather thread has become somewhat of a tradition here in the Anime Boston forums. Not only because it is a thread that provides useful information to con-goers (since knowing the weather is important here in Boston) but t also provides a signal that we are now in the final stretches before Anime Boston. As always, I am happy to start this. With roughly 2 months before the convention, let's begin.

Although we are heading into mid-February, I honestly believe this entire winter was a bust. Typically, for snow lovers anyway, you will want a major snowstorm after Christmas but before February 1. So far, we have only had rain storms. Now, we do have an active weather pattern coming up in our area but nothing too big at the moment with more rain than snow. Unfortunately, this leads me to believe that Boston's mud season will come earlier and last shorter than expected.

What does the mud season have to do with Anime Boston? For me, it signals that it may be dry... too dry. Yes, we may have Fire Warnings early but that is usually common during Anime Boston anyway.

Of course, this is all speculation so only time will tell. I do think Boston may get a foot or two of total snow before the season ends but who knows, it's Boston's weather after all, where you can get all four seasons within 24 hours.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Re: Weather in Boston 2020

Post by Selestyl »

Yay! I love the weather thread for all the reasons you listed :)

The lack of winter activity so far has definitely made me nervous. We'll see what happens these next few months.

Thanks for always doing this!
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

Standing advice - It's not Summer nor is it the lower half of the US with perpetual weather above 60. Bring a jacket. If you want the more affordable dining options that have yet to leave Boston, may need an umbrella for rain. Have a head covering as well to prevent heat loss & the eventual sickness that results.

We are still in the FLU season & public contagions do love those unprepared & in large crowds. Help keep us all healthy.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Kalyoth wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:42 pm Standing advice - It's not Summer nor is it the lower half of the US with perpetual weather above 60. Bring a jacket. If you want the more affordable dining options that have yet to leave Boston, may need an umbrella for rain. Have a head covering as well to prevent heat loss & the eventual sickness that results.

We are still in the FLU season & public contagions do love those unprepared & in large crowds. Help keep us all healthy.

We will have to wait and see as the convention is still months away. I will mention that it may be good to check out Preparation checklist: Things to bring with you!. After all, many of the things in the list are quite useful for our area.
Past Conventions:

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries

Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

With the uncertainty surrounding Anime Boston this year, it is still worth discussing what to expect in mid-April.

This year is going to be tricky. What I mean is that this year's weather is so-far anyway, about a month off. So instead of looking at mid-April weather, we will need to look at early to mid-May weather. Although that can, and most likely will change, it is worth taking a look at it.

Anyway, early to mid-May is when we in Boston begin to reach 60F degree weather with nights being in the high 40s to mid 50s. It is also in the middle of the dry season so Fire Warnings are most likely going to be a thing with dry and windy weather. This year will be more severe than past as there is no proper mud season (March). There really is nothing much I can add to that. I do think mid-April will be a little cooler than that in terms of temperature but everything else should be what was stated.

Edit:
And as I was writing this, the announcement regarding Anime Boston 2020 being cancelled went public.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries