Top of the Hub/Skywalk Closing in April 2020

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Top of the Hub/Skywalk Closing in April 2020

Post by Elli21486 »

Just found out about the closing of the Top of the Hub and the Skywalk Observatory at the Prudential Center this spring. https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/01/15/ ... lose-april
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
leadfootnh
AB Staff

Re: Top of the Hub/Skywalk Closing in April 2020

Post by leadfootnh »

Yeah. It’s closing the Friday AFTER AB. That means the weekend will be even more insane.
Jason Hopkins
2020-2022 Photo Studio Assistant
2023: At Con Registration staff
2024: At Con Registration staff

Takumi Fujiwara is my spirit animal...
KQBeans
Experienced Poster

Re: Shoutout to a Legend

Post by KQBeans »

No kidding? I'm glad I saw it in its open times! I probably won't see it again if it's too crowded.

I want to take this time to thank the Skywalk for some great first AB memories. I met an Ace Attorney cosplayer back in 2017 who was very kind and they hung out with me there since my group was too tired.

The view was very industrial but you could see a body of water with boats and the many buildings surrounding the mall and over yonder. We took pictures and pretty much just bonded a little over space theories and ace attorney headcannons. It was very surreal and I feel like that wouldn't have happened anywhere else but at a con.

So thank you Skywalk for the great time and thank you, Clay!!
I felt fortunate to encounter you at the shoot and to experience this piece of Boston with you.

You really made an Apollo's day on a Sunday morning. ;w; <3

So...I guess, farewell, Top of the Hub/ Skywalk, you'll always be the "Skyway" in my heart. :D