Uno on Boylston closed

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Uno on Boylston closed

Post by Sayoria »

Just got an email since they were my preferred location, thanking me for my patronage there. It's always been my AB hub for food on Thursday nights. This is sad to me.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Kimtana
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Uno on Boylston closed

Post by Kimtana »

Yeah, I got the same email. I was heartbroken because my brother and I ate at UNOs every con Sunday night as a traditional way to end the con. And with his celiac disease, it was a great place for good gluten free pizzas for him.

We’re losing more and more places to eat in the area, especially affordable places to eat. Eataly ruined most of our low-income dining and cut out most of his gluten free and my vegetarian options.

It’d be great if the hotels had microwaves along with their fridges, but that won’t happen.

It’s going to be a Star Market con weekend for us, apparently....
Kimtana
AB attendee since 2006
Check out my gaming and geekery YouTube channel!
https://tinyurl.com/Kimtana
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Yeah, I heard it was rent-related. Same with the one that was by Northeastern University. The regional manager made the call after the last few rent increases. They didn't want to pass the costs on to customers and it wasn't an easy decision. The staff who worked both locations were given the option of either moving to the Fenway location or taking a nice severence package.

It is a real bad look for the area given how popular that UNOs was. That section of Boylston St. has had a hard time keeping casual non-fast food dining options ever since Eataly moved in ironically. The loss of UNOs will be felt for years.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Yep...... food is only getting harder to find in the area if you don't have a dispensable income.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024