Au Bon Pain at Hynes Closing

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Au Bon Pain at Hynes Closing

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Hi everyone, I wanted to let everyone who enjoys Au Bon Pain, that the location at the Hynes will be closing this coming Tues. (Sept. 17th). I am on Au Bon Pain's e-mail list and received an e-mail about this. The reason for the location closing is explained here:

https://www.aubonpain.com/closing

It said in the e-mail I received to please visit the location at Copley Place at 100 Huntington Ave.

I always enjoyed going to the one that was near the Hynes, as it was right across from the entrance. I never knew there was the one on Huntington Ave.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Re: Au Bon Pain at Hynes Closing

Post by Master of NERV »

Blargh. First the Food Court, now this. At least the new one will be in walking distance. Need my morning ham and cheese croissant, after all...
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Master of NERV wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 pm Blargh. First the Food Court, now this. At least the new one will be in walking distance. Need my morning ham and cheese croissant, after all...
I always loved how close the Hynes location was to the entrance to the convention center itself, as I mentioned before. It's going to seem so weird with it no longer being there...

It really surprised me that that particular location closed. I always thought it was a PERFECT location, to be honest.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Thankfully, there's a second Au Bon Pain accessible without going outside, but it is still a trek.

For those who don't know, because I know man come into the city and stay at the hotels where they wouldn't have to head this way, there is an Au Bon Pain beyond the Marriott and the high-end stores in that mall. If you were going up the second-floor escalators at the Marriott where there is a Starbucks, go straight down that mall and take a left at the Louis Vuitton store. If you go down the escalator there, you'll see Au Bon Pain to the left down a flight of stairs.

I don't know if this location is going away too, but I did always think it was strange there was two in this long mall strip. So yes! If you are at the Sheraton and still want Au Bon Pain and it is down pouring out, you can still stay dry and get a breakfast croissant there.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Sayoria wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:53 am Thankfully, there's a second Au Bon Pain accessible without going outside, but it is still a trek.

For those who don't know, because I know man come into the city and stay at the hotels where they wouldn't have to head this way, there is an Au Bon Pain beyond the Marriott and the high-end stores in that mall. If you were going up the second-floor escalators at the Marriott where there is a Starbucks, go straight down that mall and take a left at the Louis Vuitton store. If you go down the escalator there, you'll see Au Bon Pain to the left down a flight of stairs.

I don't know if this location is going away too, but I did always think it was strange there was two in this long mall strip. So yes! If you are at the Sheraton and still want Au Bon Pain and it is down pouring out, you can still stay dry and get a breakfast croissant there.
Sayoria, here is a link to the list of the Au Bon Pain locations in the Boston area:

https://www.aubonpain.com/locations/loc ... ston,%20MA
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Oh, I know the area well enough. Thank you though.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Sayoria wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:10 pm Oh, I know the area well enough. Thank you though.
Oh, no problem. I also figured I'd post that link, too, for those who aren't familiar with the Boston area and want to know where the other locations are. :) :)
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Kusuguru Usagi wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:50 am
Sayoria wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:10 pm Oh, I know the area well enough. Thank you though.
Oh, no problem. I also figured I'd post that link, too, for those who aren't familiar with the Boston area and want to know where the other locations are. :) :)
Like me (I'm generally familiar, but not to that level of detail). Thank you. ^_^