Hotel and parking

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Hotel and parking

Post by JosephW »

So this past AB, I didn't get a hotel, I just drove up from RI and parked at a garage ~3 blocks from the con. This year though, I was thinking of getting a hotel, just for Friday night into Saturday, and was wondering if parking is usually included for the hotel?

Mostly wondering because since I'd only have a Friday night reservation, I'd have to check out before noon on Saturday, and that likely includes leaving the parking garage, yeah? So in that case I'd be better off just buying parking at a separate garage again, since I'm going to be staying until Saturday night, but the hotel reservation will only be for Friday night.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Re: Hotel and parking

Post by MandaTifa »

Not speaking in any official terms, just from personal experience. If the hotel has it's own parking garage, you can expect to pay to park there. Usually somewhere around $25ish a night. If the hotel does not have it's own garage, they may have an arrangement with a nearby municipal garage where you can pay to park through the hotel. Always call first to see what the parking situation is like. However, what many commuters from out of state do is park at a T-Station outside of the city for closer to $5-$10 a day, and take the T or Lyft in.
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

Mmhm. I'll have to compare the price of the hotel parking with the price of the garage I parked at last year. (which was also about $25 per day)

And check whether or not the parking is tied to the hotel, since I'm technically going to be checking out of the hotel Saturday morning/noon.

Yeah, I would just take the train or something, but I'm much more comfortable driving up, as having my car there gives me a place to keep all my stuff, change cosplays, etc. and I don't have to worry about the train schedule, I can just leave whenever I want.
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

Booked a room at the Midtown, and it looks like their parking is $29 for "overnight", however long that is.

So yeah I'll probably just end up parking at a nearby garage again. Looking at Spot Hero, there is a close garage that'll only cost me $50 from Fri AM -> Sat PM.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

It means overnight while you're staying as a guest. It's their daily fee. They MIGHT make you move your car once you check out though. The Midtown has done that to me before in the past when I used to stay there.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Hokum_52
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Hokum_52 »

Yeah, hotels tend to charge quite a hefty sum for parking since you're not only paying for the parking place, but for the convenience of not having to find another separate place just to park your car as well. But if you aren't lazy, it's definitely better to find said separate place to park your car, it'll be cheaper and often much more convenient! And hell, somme places offer much more security for your car than any hotel that a "normal" person can afford.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

I haven't used this site yet, but you might find it useful:

BestParking (Boston link)
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

DocWatson wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:12 am I haven't used this site yet, but you might find it useful:

BestParking (Boston link)
I used Spot Hero like the Anime Boston site recommends; seems to be way cheaper than anything I can find on this site. Just like last year, I'm going to be parking about 3 blocks down from the convention center for $25/day.