Looking for 18+ things to do in Boston at night?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
KatanaPlease
Getting the hang of this...

Looking for 18+ things to do in Boston at night?

Post by KatanaPlease »

Club Rise has been the place to be Friday night for the past 2 years that Anime Boston has canceled the "informal dances" and this year will be no different. Not sure if they'll be making an anime themed night as they've done in the past or not, but if they are they'll probably be handing out flyers again for it at the con. Rise is closing down for good sometime in the next month or so, so they're having events both Friday and Saturday nights this year of AB. Friday night is from 12am-6am, $20 or $15 with a student ID, and Saturday night is $20 and from 1am-6am. My best bet is that if either of them are anime themed it'll be on Friday night again, but we'll see. Since AB has gotten rid of the best 18+ night events, in my opinion (dances, hentai dubbing), this is something I'll be attending at least one of the nights, so I wanted to make sure those of you who haven't heard about this have something to do too. Here's a link to their website, http://www.riseclub.us/
Happy Partying!
AB '08
Tenten, Rukia, Near
AB'09
Sakura
AB '10
Lady Gaga
AB '11
Misa, Saya (High School of the Dead)
AB '12
Lily (Secret Tunnel Nomad in Avatar), Sailor Neptune
AB '13
Naruto, Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
AB '14
Dr. Krieger's Virtual Girlfriend (Archer), Shuichi (Gravitation)
AB '15
Shion (Higurashi), Neliel (Bleach)
AB '16
Sexcalibur (Burlesque Excalibur- Soul Eater)
AB '17
Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo)
AB '18
Tatsumaki (One Punch Man), Satsuki (Kill la Kill)
Steamy Bunz
Experienced Poster

Re: Looking for 18+ things to do in Boston at night?

Post by Steamy Bunz »

AB didn't get rid of hentai dubbing. I believe Tom Wayland the host of D*ck Buster Hentai Extravaganza announced on AB FB page that he won't be able to attend this year. It's Tom's panel and he's great at it ( Amber too...is that her name?) I mean someone could have submitted a similar panel. And as far as I can remember the dances (informals) were never an 18+ event (I saw lots of KIDS as I pass by the dance). No venues in the vicinity of the Hynes really want to deal with a free for all/royal rumble dance anyways. Bad rep from that one year alone blacklisted us. Can't blame anyone but us attendees for that incident.
KatanaPlease

Post by KatanaPlease »

I'm not trying to play the blame game or complain about anything, I know why the hentai dubbing isn't happening this year. The fact of the matter is that there aren't many things to do at night this AB and I'm just trying to tell everyone about something you CAN do after hours.
AB '08
Tenten, Rukia, Near
AB'09
Sakura
AB '10
Lady Gaga
AB '11
AB '12
AB '13
AB '14
AB '15
AB '16
AB '17
Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo)
AB '18
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

No Hentai Dubbing this year?! Wow, this depresses me. The one year I work up the guts to volunteer, and this happens. Well, strike one event off. So upsetting. Would have been nice if someone else could have taken the spotlight and hosted it still. I nominate Adam Ferraro to do it.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
witchpaws

Post by witchpaws »

Ah yeah, I was hoping there'd be another Anime themed night at Rise but it looks like that's not the case this year /:
I might go anyways, I'm sure there will be some AB people there!
Anime Boston 2012: Jolteon
Anime Boston 2013: Panty, The Batter (OFF), Jade Harley
Anime Boston 2014: Stocking
Anime Boston 2015: Madoka, Kurapika
deviantART
Tumblr
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

witchpaws wrote:Ah yeah, I was hoping there'd be another Anime themed night at Rise but it looks like that's not the case this year /:
they charge an arm and a leg to get in there, and they weren't very kind to us from what i hear, we didn't even get a discount.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
KatanaPlease

Post by KatanaPlease »

Spirit_Girl01 wrote:
witchpaws wrote:Ah yeah, I was hoping there'd be another Anime themed night at Rise but it looks like that's not the case this year /:
they charge an arm and a leg to get in there, and they weren't very kind to us from what i hear, we didn't even get a discount.
I got my discount, not sure why you wouldn't have gotten yours... but either way if you go Friday night with your student ID you get a discount. And paying $15 to potentially dance until 6am as apposed to nothing is worth it in my opinion.
AB '08
Tenten, Rukia, Near
AB'09
Sakura
AB '10
Lady Gaga
AB '11
AB '12
AB '13
AB '14
AB '15
AB '16
AB '17
Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo)
AB '18