Narrow Escalator in Copley when getting off train, How wide?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Ken Murikumo
Veteran Poster

Narrow Escalator in Copley when getting off train, How wide?

Post by Ken Murikumo »

Howdy, folks. Been a VERY long time since i posted. Anyways, down to business:

That super narrow escalator that brings you into Copley place when you get exit the train station. Does anybody know the actual width? I've got a dolly/carriage i built for my very unwieldy costume. It is just shy of 19 inches at the smaller of the two dimensions. I worry this may be too wide.

Strange question, yes, and i have prepped contingencies in case.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: Narrow Escalator in Copley when getting off train, How w

Post by Aurabolt »

There is an elevator near those escalators that you can use just so you know. I think you can use the escalator but just giving you the heads-up just in case.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Ken Murikumo
Veteran Poster

Post by Ken Murikumo »

Hmm... I though there was an elevator there for legal reasons, but i've never actually seen it. Oh, well. Trial and error. I'll keep my eyes pealed when i get there.

Thanks friend!
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Found map of Copley Place. Unfortunately it doesn't show the street level area.
But from the map of level one, I surmise that the elevator is to the left of the escalators when one is facing them.

http://2c2f06a14a9ade4267e6-fb8aac3b3bf ... s/7611.gif
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Is it a little late to post on here? Anyway, I was walking in the area (to pick up my badge) and did a quick measurement (as in with my feet). I will say the escalator is around 20-22" wide. As for the elevator, there is one there but it does not go into the mall. The best way to explain this is the stairs from the train station is at ground level and the mall area is on the 3rd level. The elevator only goes from ground to the 2nd level.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked