Recommendations for bars in Cambridge

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Recommendations for bars in Cambridge

Post by AbZeroNow »

Thursday night after I pick up my con badge(since I have pre-registered), my friends and I are going to go out to a Cambridge bar and do some partying. Any recommendations? (Closeness to the T would be a bonus)
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.
Fetch
Show-off

Re: Recommendations for bars in Cambridge

Post by Fetch »

Why go all the way to Cambridge? There are bars right around the Hynes.

If you want interesting, try Bukowski's on Dalton St (from the Sheraton lobby, take a right. It will be up the hill next to the parking garage). They have a Wheel you can spin if you can't decide what beer you want to try from their extensive list. (I've never been in, but have seen it mentioned on Phantom Gourmet)

On Boylston St (right in front of the Hynes & the Pru) there are lots of bars. The Pour House is a good place. They have 2 floors, each with its own bar. I've had a few of their burgers. VERY good size and portion for reasonable price.
AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Post by AbZeroNow »

Fetch wrote:Why go all the way to Cambridge? There are bars right around the Hynes.
The hotel my friends and I are staying at is in Cambridge(it's less expensive than those in Back Bay). Your suggestions will be noted if they want to try to find one close to the Hynes. I may try Pour House one of these days.
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.
winterwing3000
AB Alumni

Post by winterwing3000 »

AbZeroNow wrote:Thursday night after I pick up my con badge(since I have pre-registered), my friends and I are going to go out to a Cambridge bar and do some partying. Any recommendations? (Closeness to the T would be a bonus)
Meadhall is always nice. I personally like the bar at Firebrand Saints--plus side is the burgers they have!

If you're looking for something more sport-sy, there's a Champions.

All three locations are right by the Kendall/MIT Red Line train station.
Elisa Cheng
Security Staff '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18

--
"Steel is my body, fire is my blood..." - Archer, Fate/Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works incantation)