Who knows a gold dealer for beaten gold in Boston?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
bostonbooster
Getting the hang of this...

Who knows a gold dealer for beaten gold in Boston?

Post by bostonbooster »

I'm looking for a gold dealer to buy beaten gold for my artwork. I look for 20K gold or even 24K gold. I look for the thinnest sheets I can get. But just that you get me right: I'm looking for the real beaten gold sheets and not for the faked once. The gold for churches, artwork or frames. In New York I knew a gold dealer who was selling such sheets very cheap/ I paid about $100 for 50 thin sheets.

I really appreciate your help and your tips. Please, I'm old-fashioned: no links to online stores please. I like to see what I buy :roll:

Thank you!
bostonbooster
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Who knows a gold dealer for beaten gold in Boston?

Post by bostonbooster »

No beaten gold tips for me? :?:

Because i didn't find a dealer in the meantime. But I found out that beaten gold sells for the current gold price at stock market.

Who has worked with beaten gold before? And if yes, only for sculptures or also for paintings?
Fetch
Show-off

Re: Who knows a gold dealer for beaten gold in Boston?

Post by Fetch »

I tried googling it. Couldn't find any place in Boston area that sells beaten gold.

Heck, when I googled beaten gold boston, it gave me a bunch of links to articles about the Bruins.