AB15/ getting around

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
minkalink19
Expert Poster

AB15/ getting around

Post by minkalink19 »

For Bostonians or frequent Boston visitors.

I'm going to be there for 4 days for AB15. I do have a car. Does Boston have busy streets in general? Is it busy in the morning and late at night? Would it be advisable to get a T-pass or a Charliecard instead?

I'm going from Sonesta on 40 Edwin H. land Blvd., in Cambridge to AB everyday for those days. I know I will have to take the TGreen line if I take the bus and walk 30 mins from there.
~~~~~CinnaMama~~~~~
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: AB15/ getting around

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Taking the T would be cheaper since it's $35ish a day to park at the Prudential/Hynes parking garage. I'm walking personally since my hotel is across the street at the Midtown. I've taken the T before though and find it much easier and way less stressful than driving in Boston.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
minkalink19
Expert Poster

Post by minkalink19 »

The T is the bus line? I know that the T-pass is like $19/week so if I get that then I should be fine with getting on any mode of transportation, right?

My hotel is far (on the edge of Cambridge right before the bridge) cause the hotel is work for I get a huge discount off of.
:geek:
~~~~~CinnaMama~~~~~
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

The T refers to the bus lines and the subway lines. There should be info on the subway lines on AB's main page under the location info if I remember it correctly.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

GinjaNinja wrote:The T refers to the bus lines and the subway lines. There should be info on the subway lines on AB's main page under the location info if I remember it correctly.
See the Travel Information page.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

DocWatson wrote:
GinjaNinja wrote:The T refers to the bus lines and the subway lines. There should be info on the subway lines on AB's main page under the location info if I remember it correctly.

Thanks, Doc. That is EXACTLY what I was referring to, but I posted the above response on mobile, which makes it much harder to access links from the main page.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

GinjaNinja wrote:
DocWatson wrote:
Thanks, Doc. That is EXACTLY what I was referring to, but I posted the above response on mobile, which makes it much harder to access links from the main page.
You're welcome. :D
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

minkalink19 wrote:For Bostonians or frequent Boston visitors.

I'm going to be there for 4 days for AB15. I do have a car. Does Boston have busy streets in general? Is it busy in the morning and late at night? Would it be advisable to get a T-pass or a Charliecard instead?

I'm going from Sonesta on 40 Edwin H. land Blvd., in Cambridge to AB everyday for those days. I know I will have to take the TGreen line if I take the bus and walk 30 mins from there.
Royal Sonesta to Hynes:
Walk to Lechmere Station. Take Green Line to Hynes/ICA or Prudential. About 10 minute walk from either to the Hynes.
minkalink19
Expert Poster

Post by minkalink19 »

Thank you all for the info, unfortunetly, I wont be staying there anymore too many issues so I will be staying at the mid town! :D :geek:
~~~~~CinnaMama~~~~~
aznman08
AB Staff

Post by aznman08 »

Fetch wrote:
minkalink19 wrote:For Bostonians or frequent Boston visitors.

Royal Sonesta to Hynes:
Walk to Lechmere Station. Take Green Line to Hynes/ICA or Prudential. About 10 minute walk from either to the Hynes.
Just going to point out that the Green Line from Lechmere is the E branch and stops at Prudential without needing to transfer.
John Bautista
AB 2022: General Tech l 2019: Senior Tech l 2014-18: Junior Tech Staff l 2007-2013: AB volunteer l 2006:attendee
PAX East Enforcer:2014-22