Any good food places around?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Re: Any good food places around?

Post by Elli21486 »

I currently have an update about Al's Deli. According to a message I just received from them. Yes, they are closed but not permanently. They are relocating but they are keeping things secret for now. Maybe that is something to look forward to next year.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
NanoZero
Experienced Poster

Post by NanoZero »

For coffee and breakfast foods, I recommend Thinking Cup, Pavement Cafe and Trident Books on Newbury St. (Props to Thinking Cup for being open until 11:00PM.) These are also great for beating the Dunkins morning rush.
AB2012: Kino
AB2013: Misaka Mikoto (casual)
AB2014: Ryuko Matoi (EP 1)
AB2015: Seo Yuzuki & Akatsuki (1st season)
AB2016: Inkling School Girl Version (Splatoon) & Oboro (Fire Emblem Fates)
AB2017:Umi Sonoda (China Dress & Arabian Dancer),Lucina & Hanamaru Kunikida (Winter Uniform)
AB2018:Constellation Umi Sonoda & Makoto Niijima
AB2019: Flower Bouquet Umi Sonoda, Cinnabar, F!Corrin & Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu)
AB2020:
????????
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

For those of you coming in from Amtrak or South Station in general. While South Station has places to eat, such as Pizzeria Regina, McDonalds and so on, there's a diner right outside of South Station on Kneeland street called the South Street Diner. They are decent on price for those who want a more meal-meal. I went in last Sunday, and got a smoked salmon eggs Benedict with home fries there for 10 dollars. You could taste the smoke. It was delicious. Made for a nice breakfast. The fruit salad and shakes I saw going around looked delectable as well!

I also went to finale which was a little walk away from the Copley place going towards the transportation building at the end of Columbus Ave. I got a salted caramel white hot chocolate, a boston creme pastry, and a Greek salad. It was kinda sorta pricey (Total was 22 dollars and the portions were small) but they were tasty! They have sandwiches and more as well.

If you are willing to go for a nice walk, there's a Jamba Juice on tremont by Ruggles if you want a good smoothie. Their kaleribbean breezes are terrific!
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:For those of you coming in from Amtrak or South Station in general. While South Station has places to eat, such as Pizzeria Regina, McDonalds and so on, there's a diner right outside of South Station on Kneeland street called the South Street Diner. They are decent on price for those who want a more meal-meal. I went in last Sunday, and got a smoked salmon eggs Benedict with home fries there for 10 dollars. You could taste the smoke. It was delicious. Made for a nice breakfast. The fruit salad and shakes I saw going around looked delectable as well!

I also went to Finale which was a little walk away from the Copley place going towards the transportation building at the end of Columbus Ave. I got a salted caramel white hot chocolate, a boston creme pastry, and a Greek salad. It was kinda sorta pricey (Total was 22 dollars and the portions were small) but they were tasty! They have sandwiches and more as well.

If you are willing to go for a nice walk, there's a Jamba Juice on Tremont by Ruggles if you want a good smoothie. Their kaleribbean breezes are terrific!
South Street Diner is a 24 hour diner. A rare sight in Boston.

I like that the Hynes is in Back Bay. Tons of food options, a lot of them right across Boylston St, such as The Pour House.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Fetch wrote:
Yukito Kunisaki wrote:For those of you coming in from Amtrak or South Station in general. While South Station has places to eat, such as Pizzeria Regina, McDonalds and so on, there's a diner right outside of South Station on Kneeland street called the South Street Diner. They are decent on price for those who want a more meal-meal. I went in last Sunday, and got a smoked salmon eggs Benedict with home fries there for 10 dollars. You could taste the smoke. It was delicious. Made for a nice breakfast. The fruit salad and shakes I saw going around looked delectable as well!

I also went to Finale which was a little walk away from the Copley place going towards the transportation building at the end of Columbus Ave. I got a salted caramel white hot chocolate, a boston creme pastry, and a Greek salad. It was kinda sorta pricey (Total was 22 dollars and the portions were small) but they were tasty! They have sandwiches and more as well.

If you are willing to go for a nice walk, there's a Jamba Juice on Tremont by Ruggles if you want a good smoothie. Their kaleribbean breezes are terrific!
South Street Diner is a 24 hour diner. A rare sight in Boston.

I like that the Hynes is in Back Bay. Tons of food options, a lot of them right across Boylston St, such as The Pour House.

Well, I guess they take advantage of being close to South Station while not being IN the station. Either way, it's a very nice diner for anyone interested. Gotta stop there again sometime.

Same. I went to the BCEC two months ago for the first time and saw that there was hardly any eateries around. The Hynes is very, very well placed. Many hotels, a walk from the Common, various train stops and so on and so forth.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024