T advice needed please~

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Demonsil
Getting the hang of this...

T advice needed please~

Post by Demonsil »

I’ve been going to Boston for years, since my brother was old enough to walk and he’s now 14. Every year I’ve been fortunate enough to go down, this year is no different.. besides the fact it’s the first year i’m going without any type of parental units.

While i’m confident in my abilities to get around and too my destination, i’m a little conflicted about the path to choose to get to my hotel.

My group and I are staying at Midtown, apparently a 5 minute walk from the convention center. I’ve never stayed in this hotel, and because of money this was the best option for us to pick.

My question is; Would it be better to stay on the green line till Hynes, get off, wait for an E train and get to Symphony Station(I believe that’s the correct stop) OR get off at hynes and walk to Midtown?

It’s been brought up with a group mate to just walk.. but with luggage the first/last day (suit case and Sword/Shield/Staff that can’t fit in a suit case) I’m wondering if it’s just better to stay on the T..
Any and all help would be most appreciative~ <3
AB11 -
Alice in Wonderland - Cheshire Cat
Pokemon - Ash Ketchem

AB12 -
Legend Of Zelda Twlight Princess - Link

AB13 -
Sat - Legend Of Zelda Twlight Princess - Link
Fri - My Little Pony- DJ Pon3
Thurs/Sun - RotG - Jack Frost
Faceman
AB Executive

Re: T advice needed please~

Post by Faceman »

You actually want to stay on the Green Line and get off at Copley (not Hynes) and wait for the E line there. If you go to Hynes, that's past the split off with the E and you'll be waiting until the end of days.

Take it to Symphony, as that's close to the Midtown, and about 10-20 minute shorter walk than Hynes to the Midtown.

Keep in mind that as of right now, Symphony station is stairs only, and has about 2 flights worth of stairs to go up. If you've got a lot of luggage, you might consider getting off at Prudential (which has elevators), and walking down the street (Huntington Avenue) to the Midtown. Midtown is more or less 1/2 way between the Pru and Symphony stops.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Demonsil

Post by Demonsil »

Thank you~ Stairs are no issue but we will keep that in mind. Just trying to do whatever's easiest for my group and myself~
AB11 -
Pokemon - Ash Ketchem

AB12 -

AB13 -
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

If you're staying at the Midtown, Symphony Station is at one end of the block and Prudential station is the other.
So, during AB, save yourself some money and just walk up the block into the Prudential Center and through it to the Hynes.

For those of you staying further out, you might want to grab the OpenMBTA app.
http://openmbta.org/
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Faceman wrote:You actually want to stay on the Green Line and get off at Copley (not Hynes) and wait for the E line there. If you go to Hynes, that's past the split off with the E and you'll be waiting until the end of days.
From the thread so far, I assume Demonsil is traveling outbound from downtown, but if you're traveling inbound, get off at the next stop, Arlington, switch to the outbound side (by going up the stairs and back down again), and catch an E trolley. Unlike Arlington, Copley's layout doesn't allow transfers from outbound to inbound or vice versa without paying again.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Fetch wrote:If you're staying at the Midtown, Symphony Station is at one end of the block and Prudential station is the other.
So, during AB, save yourself some money and just walk up the block into the Prudential Center and through it to the Hynes.

For those of you staying further out, you might want to grab the OpenMBTA app.
http://openmbta.org/
I would also like to mention that the OpenMBTA app is also in the Google Play and Apple's App Store.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Demonsil

Post by Demonsil »

Thank you for all the help, we actually switched hotels; we'll now be staying at Copley since i've stayed there before. So everything is now a lot easier. Thanks again for all the help when I was contemplating Midtown.
AB11 -
Pokemon - Ash Ketchem

AB12 -

AB13 -