Closest hotels to the convention?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
madslowburnish
Expert Poster

Closest hotels to the convention?

Post by madslowburnish »

Which hotels are located in/connected to the Prudential center? I know about the Oriental and the Sheraton, but I was hoping there would be more options. I have at least two roomie who would prefer to avoid walking along city streets if at all possible.

And, if those are the only two, which hotels are the closest to the Hynes and worth looking into? I've heard good things about the Hilton Back Bay and the Lenox for example, are they a sizeable walking distance (think about traveling in costume)?
AB23
Wonderful Life Pony Jill
Anime Boston 2012
Friday: Colette Brunel, Chibitalia
Saturday: Prince Hungary, Colette Brunel
Sunday: Pony
Anime Boston 2013
Friday: Raine Sage (Glamorous Beauty)
Saturday: Kugelmugel, Issun, Glam Beauty Raine, Amelia Seyruun, Mako Nerima
Sunday: Beauty Raine
AB14:
Haruka Nanase, Marik Ishtar, Freedert!Daisuke Niwa, Nonon Jakuzure, Lloyd Irving, Kyouya Ootori, Germany, Hungary
AB15:
L, Alicia, Paula, DIO, Marik, America, Kyouya
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Closest hotels to the convention?

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Connected to it besides the Sheraton? There's all the Marriott Copley which is connected to the Pru via a sky bridge. I believe at the very end of the Copley mall (which is the name of the mall on the otherside of the sky bridge) is the Colonnade as well. If you are willing to walk a bit outside (and honestly, it's pretty safe), there's the Hilton right next to the Sheraton literally like across the side street and the Midtown (where I like to stay) across the street from the Barnes and Noble entrance of the Pru. The Midtown is about a 5 minute walk, if that. The Midtown and a few other hotels also have convention blocks which make the rooms more affordable.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

The hotel on the other end of the Copley Mall is the Westin. The Colonnade is across Huntington from the southern most entrance of the mall.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Dashie
Experienced Poster

Post by Dashie »

the hilton back bay isn't connected to the prudential, but it's only footsteps away
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Kagomechan wrote:The hotel on the other end of the Copley Mall is the Westin. The Colonnade is across Huntington from the southern most entrance of the mall.

Ah thanks for clarifying. I don't usually go down that far so I couldn't remember. I knew the Colonnade was close. My mistake thank you.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron