Midtown overbooked... ;__;

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Secret Duckie
Veteran Poster

Midtown overbooked... ;__;

Post by Secret Duckie »

So one of the best hotel options, in my opinion, is overbooked AB weekend! I just went to make a reservation (a bit late, unfortunately) and they said they are so overbooked they can't even waitlist rooms. QQ

But a not-so-terrible option is the Marriott, who still has rooms left in the AB block and is only about $60 more a night than the Midtown. Too bad they have such expensive parking, but they still end up cheaper than the Sheraton.

So who else is staying at the Marriott this year? Do you guys also park on site, or do you find parking at other garages? Midtown was $18 a night, Marriott is $35 a night (which is a bit steep for me).
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Midtown overbooked... ;__;

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Secret Duckie wrote:So one of the best hotel options, in my opinion, is overbooked AB weekend! I just went to make a reservation (a bit late, unfortunately) and they said they are so overbooked they can't even waitlist rooms. QQ

But a not-so-terrible option is the Marriott, who still has rooms left in the AB block and is only about $60 more a night than the Midtown. Too bad they have such expensive parking, but they still end up cheaper than the Sheraton.

So who else is staying at the Marriott this year? Do you guys also park on site, or do you find parking at other garages? Midtown was $18 a night, Marriott is $35 a night (which is a bit steep for me).

This is why I booked early...like last year early. I am also staying at the Marriott and it's a good hotel. I usually stay at either the Marriott or the Midtown when I go to AB and I commute in from Connecticut via a bus so it's not like the parking really matters all that much to me. It came down to the Marriott having a slightly better rate when I went to book than the Midtown so I chose the Marriott instead.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
FarFromRedemption
Dedicated Poster

Post by FarFromRedemption »

I am booked with the Marriott as well. We usually park at the Red Line Alewife Station and take the T in. It's not a bad trip and we end up paying $35 for the whole weekend to park (Thursday to Monday). I always book with the Marriott since I like to escape some of the crowd of AB and just relax a bit when I'm not busy.
Potential Cosplays for 2022
Ban (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Archon Rex Lapis/Zhongli (Genshin Impact)
Nikaido (DoroheDoro) *maybe*
Vu
AB Staff

Post by Vu »

Secret Duckie wrote:So who else is staying at the Marriott this year? Do you guys also park on site, or do you find parking at other garages? Midtown was $18 a night, Marriott is $35 a night (which is a bit steep for me).
Alesha, the MBTA has certain locations that allow overnight parking, but for a price. Since you're coming from up north, the Wellington Station stop on the Orange Line will probably be closest to you. You can get to the city via the Orange Line, which isn't too bad of a trip. It's also a little more convenient than trying to find parking in Boston. In addition, it's not too expensive, since you're looking to save money.
Vu Tran
North American Guest Liaison
Anime Boston 2022

Viva la manatee!

"Gonna have to go find my eyeballs, I rolled them too hard"
- Rebecca Lee, 2019
Secret Duckie
Veteran Poster

Post by Secret Duckie »

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll look into those. (:

Also hey Vu! How are you? I haven't talked to you since last AB. QQ