Free (LOL?!) or not as expensive parking Sunday?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
poptarts_n_pixistix
Veteran Poster

Free (LOL?!) or not as expensive parking Sunday?

Post by poptarts_n_pixistix »

We started driving in last year and despite our GPS taking us aaaaaall over boston (including through the same toll TWICE and telling us we were there... In the middle of a tunnel...) we discovered it's so much easier than the train. The only issue after that was finding parking after checkout as I only know boston as a pedestrian. We stayed at the Sheraton last year, this year we're at the midtown hotel. Checkout is at noon and I know we won't be ready to leave yet, where do you think we can go that's not a marathon run away for reasonable parking?
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Free (LOL?!) or not as expensive parking Sunday?

Post by MomoMiraculous »

poptarts_n_pixistix wrote:We started driving in last year and despite our GPS taking us aaaaaall over boston (including through the same toll TWICE and telling us we were there... In the middle of a tunnel...) we discovered it's so much easier than the train. The only issue after that was finding parking after checkout as I only know boston as a pedestrian. We stayed at the Sheraton last year, this year we're at the midtown hotel. Checkout is at noon and I know we won't be ready to leave yet, where do you think we can go that's not a marathon run away for reasonable parking?
I'm not 100% sure but you might be able to keep your car parked at the Midtown pass the checkout time if you pay for the extra all day rate. You might want to call the Midtown and check because how you pay for the parking is you hand them the ticket you get on the first day after you're ready to leave so if you hold onto it until you're ready to leave, you might be able to keep it in the garage longer.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
ErinErin
Expert Poster

Post by ErinErin »

Yea I agree with the above poster. I have never heard of a hotel making you move your car at checkout. Hotels usually charge a per day rate so it doesn't matter to them when you leave. Double check with your hotel though.
marikotoeii
Committed Poster

Post by marikotoeii »

I speak from first hand experince with the Midtown that you will not need to move your car at checkout. You actually pay your parking when you check in (you have that option) So when you leave, you need to validate your parking to get out.