Re: Restaurants in the area?

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
waynoinsano
Veteran Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

There is plenty of places to eat within a 15 minute walk go to google maps and look around the area. Most are on Hunnington, Mass ave, and Boylston itself. You find everything from Wendy''s and BK to high end sit down. Also the Star Market under the skybridge has a pay per pound hot bar with breakfast, lunch and dinner items depending on time of day.
Last edited by waynoinsano on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: Resturants in the area?

Post by Aurabolt »

I propose we make this a Master Thread for all things eating around the Hynes ^_^

As noted in separate threads the UNOs on Boylston St. and the Au Bon Pain the the Prudential Center across from the Hynes Entrance both closed a few months back.

I heard another restaurant or two could move into where the UNOs was since that's what it's been zoned for so we'll see.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee since 2010. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2019!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
waynoinsano
Veteran Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

add the Boston Market on Mass ave to listed of closed places. Would eat the each year for a nice non pizza or burger meal.
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Fire + Ice, down near Park Plaza, is an interesting place.
All you can eat, but you choose from the ingredients they have and they cook them for you on a huge circular grill. They have rice and tortillas available to go with the food.

Great place to go on pre-reg pickup Thursday, as it shouldn't be too crowded.
leadfootnh
AB Staff

Post by leadfootnh »

A new option has cropped up in the area. Clover Food Lab has opened a new location at 565 Boylston St. It’s on the high end of cheap, but the food is REALLY good. It’s one of my go to’s for breakfast. Some good vegetarian and vegan options.

https://www.cloverfoodlab.com/locations ... =cloverbby
Jason Hopkins
2020: Photo Studio assistant
2021: Photo Studio Assistant
2022: Photo Studio Assistant (hopefully!)
THIRD year rookie...

Takumi Fujiwara is my spirit animal...
Tom AIAC
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Tom AIAC »

I'm a HUGE Dropkick Murphys fan, so eating at their bar/ restaurant is always a must for my friends and I when we come to Anime Boston. It's found on Boylston Street across the street from the convention center.

https://www.mcgreevysboston.com/
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Tom AIAC wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:42 pm I'm a HUGE Dropkick Murphys fan, so eating at their bar/ restaurant is always a must for my friends and I when we come to Anime Boston. It's found on Boylston Street across the street from the convention center.

The Pour House is also a good place. Also right across Bolyston St (in fact, right next door to McGreevy's)

https://www.pourhouseboston.com/
Lamron
AB Staff

Post by Lamron »

Fetch wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:35 pm
Tom AIAC wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:42 pm I'm a HUGE Dropkick Murphys fan, so eating at their bar/ restaurant is always a must for my friends and I when we come to Anime Boston. It's found on Boylston Street across the street from the convention center.

The Pour House is also a good place. Also right across Bolyston St (in fact, right next door to McGreevy's)

https://www.pourhouseboston.com/
I always recommend either The Poor House and McGreevy's. The prices are reasonable and the food is really good. They do however, get crowded. there is another place, not to far at 14 Westland Ave, Boston, MA 02115. It's called Ichiban ---> https://www.ichibanboston.net/
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
leadfootnh
AB Staff

Post by leadfootnh »

Up Belvedere St and across Mass ave is a great little spot called Love Art Sushi. Went there for lunch yesterday and it’s really good.

For breakfast, Flour Bakery is up the street. A bit further up Boylston is Clover Food Lab.

If you want to travel a touch further by the Back Bay T stop is Friendly Toast. They have some unique and delicious stuff. Breakfast lo mein? Heck yes!
Jason Hopkins
2020: Photo Studio assistant
2021: Photo Studio Assistant
2022: Photo Studio Assistant (hopefully!)
THIRD year rookie...

Takumi Fujiwara is my spirit animal...
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Fetch wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:30 pm Fire + Ice, down near Park Plaza, is an interesting place.
All you can eat, but you choose from the ingredients they have and they cook them for you on a huge circular grill. They have rice and tortillas available to go with the food.

Great place to go on pre-reg pickup Thursday, as it shouldn't be too crowded.
I went recently. They have remodeled since I was last there. They seem to have gotten rid of the rice and the tortillas. Still plenty of yummy food to eat.
DocWatson
Determined Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Fetch wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:30 pm Fire + Ice, down near Park Plaza, is an interesting place.
All you can eat, but you choose from the ingredients they have and they cook them for you on a huge circular grill.
It's called Mongolian barbecue.
DocWatson
Determined Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Aurabolt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:43 pm I propose we make this a Master Thread for all things eating around the Hynes ^_^

As noted in separate threads the UNOs on Boylston St. and the Au Bon Pain the the Prudential Center across from the Hynes Entrance both closed a few months back.
waynoinsano wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:55 pm add the Boston Market on Mass ave to listed of closed places. Would eat the each year for a nice non pizza or burger meal.
The threads in question for future reference:

* "Uno on Boylston closed"

* "Au Bon Pain at Hynes Closing"

Also:

* "Top of the Hub/Skywalk Closing in April 2020" (after the con)

And:

* "Seafood Options"

Edit: waynoinsano: Would you please be so kind as to change the "Resturants" in the thread title to "Restaurants"? :oops:
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

My go to place is Teriyaki House on Boylston in the Berklee College of Music area as you tend to get a lot of food for the amount you pay.

For those late night con goers, Tasty Burger at Back Bay Station is a good option since they close at 2 am Friday and Saturday.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; AB 2011-2019

2020 Anime Boston Stats Debating on whether to go!

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

Thornton’s Restaurant on Huntington ave. If you exit the pru from the Barnes n Noble/Cheesecake Factory Side cross the street and take a right you’ll see it and all it’s glory. Good diner and comfort food. But that was years ago last I went I hope it still holds up.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
Lamron
AB Staff

Post by Lamron »

nenie wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:34 am Thornton’s Restaurant on Huntington ave. If you exit the pru from the Barnes n Noble/Cheesecake Factory Side cross the street and take a right you’ll see it and all it’s glory. Good diner and comfort food. But that was years ago last I went I hope it still holds up.
Looks like it's still there :-) but with all the places that have closed, this list is going to need a major update.
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19