Con Plague

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
DoubleEdgeSword
Experienced Poster

Con Plague

Post by DoubleEdgeSword »

Anyone coming down with con plague this year? I woke up with a sore throat this morning so it's either allergies or that I got a nice little souvenir from AB.

And if you didn't get it, do you have any tips or tricks of the trade for avoiding it? I made sure to stock some vitamin water power-c for example.
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Con Plague

Post by royalbakaness »

I actually developed a very hoarse voice and a sore throat Friday. I took 3 spoons of honey Friday night and six Saturday morning. My voice was still terrible but my throat was much better. HONEY IS THE ANSWER!!!!!
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
kumorin
Getting the hang of this...

Con Plague

Post by kumorin »

I, too, have a bit of con-plague -.-; Hot chamomile with honey c:
Suna Sato
Veteran Poster

Con Plague

Post by Suna Sato »

everyone but one person in my room got it. We started with dizzyness stuffy noses then vomiting i had it all weekend and i was in the cosplot but after some meds so long as i didnt eat i was fine... once i ate.. it came back.... so i broke a big rule and just kept hydrated and barely ate.... where still trying to get over it
Of Course im Jenova again this year! Join me my children the year of the Jenovas Witness begins!!!!
infjeff
Experienced Poster

Con Plague

Post by infjeff »

I had a bad scratchy throat Saturday, but I didn't feel sick, I think it was from all the yelling and laughing I did Friday night. I felt fine Sunday morning, but by night I had another sore throat and it was bad yesterday too. I felt a lot better today so I might have caught a tiny bit of con flu or just spring allergies.
Staren
Veteran Poster

Con Plague

Post by Staren »

I was off Sunday and yesterday, but I think that was more the fast diet change than anything else. I pop vitamin c drops like candy during these things. Halls makes cheap ones, and emergen-c works too. If I feel like I'm getting something I'll get some zinc drops as well. Usually does the trick.
AB attendee every year since 2010.
Toph88
Expert Poster

Con Plague

Post by Toph88 »

Starting Friday night, i started to feel sick. Then through out the con, I was feeling it more and more. I thought I was the only one!!! X_X
Cons been to: Anime Boston '09, '11, '12, '13, '14
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Con Plague

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

I had wicked laryngitis (prolly from all the panels I did) and now the change in weather is giving me sinusitis. Not exactly rare for AB fallout, happens to me every spring and fall.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Con Plague

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

Only had a small headache due to probably lack of enough sleep but luckily i had some advil so no worries...i always bring a multi-vitamin and take orange juice in the morning to get all i need to fight off anything ^^;
You will never understand the depth of our pride
Reyda_Metzger

Con Plague

Post by Reyda_Metzger »

This was my first full con, and I caught the plague. I had a sore throat on Sunday afternoon, and by today, I'm coughing my hoarse, deadly cough.

2011- Theresa (Fable II-III)/Original Pokemon Trainer
2012- Charlotte, the Dessert Witch (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (OmNomNom)
DancingTeaNinja
Experienced Poster

Con Plague

Post by DancingTeaNinja »

Surprisingly I did not get sick at the con itself. However, it feels like an irritated throat is starting to develop. Clearly my throat hates me for not drowning it in tea lately with finals coming up =___=
AShadowofTruth
Experienced Poster

Con Plague

Post by AShadowofTruth »

I've been exhausted and had a very sore throat since Sunday evening, but I don't know if that's so much the con's fault or mine for staying up late so many nights in a row. o.o;
I've been getting extra sleep and drinking lots of water. Stay hydrated!
AB08: Kisuke Urahara
AB09: L
AB10: Dr. Stein
AB11: Hikaru Hitachiin
AB12: Twilight Sparkle (Friday, Saturday) / Hikaru Hitachiin (Sunday)

AB13: ???
Sora-na
Expert Poster

Con Plague

Post by Sora-na »

Hydrate yourself so you cleanse out your body, make sure to take in enough vitamins daily--especially Vitamins A,B and C. Wash your hands as often as you can and avoid touching your face if you can and make sure to rest plenty.

I find White Tea is wonderful for immunity boosts and I made sure to stop by Teavana for some tea tasting to warm my body up whenever I felt cold.
AB 2013
Danny Fenton
Danny Phantom
Sonic the Hedgehog gijinka (Revamp)
Nashida
Expert Poster

Con Plague

Post by Nashida »

I thankfully didn't get the con plague this year, maybe because now that I work in a daycare I'm exposed to practically everything now.

My roommate and I held fast to what we called our 1-3-5 rule: 1 shower daily, 3 meals, and at least 5 hours of sleep. We also kept ourselves hydrated and only bought out the Mountain Dew for meals.
Axel (KHII): AB07,AB08 (Cosplay Chess-Team Evil)
Reno(FF:AC): AB10
Riley (Pokemon): AB11
N Harmonia (Pokemon): AB12
deviantART Cosplay.comFacebookMy website
Syagria
Obsessed Poster

Con Plague

Post by Syagria »

I'm amazed I don't have conplague, when by all that rights, I probably should. I haven't had proper sleep or nutrition the past 3 weeks because I've been so busy working on cosplay. Thursday night I always spend helping my friends set up 13 shelves of manga in the Dealer's Hall, and then the con starts bright and early the next morning. How am I not ragingly sick from how terribly I've been treating myself the past month??
Anime Boston Cosplays:
14: Death
13: Wonder Woman, Kitsune
12: Kyoshi Warrior Suki, Wonder Woman
11: Kyoshi Warrior Suki, Princess Eries Aston
10: Princess Eries Aston, Zatanna
09: Hermes (1st Place Intermediate), Lotis Master Alice Seno
08: Haruhara Haruko, Sumomo, Lotis Master Alice Seno
07: Haruhara Haruko, R. Dorothy Wayneright
chaobunny
Committed Poster

Con Plague

Post by chaobunny »

I woke up Sunday morning with a bad sore throat, and I now have a cold. I guess it's inevitable in a convention center with nearly 20,000 people. I'm glad I didn't get sick until the last day, though, so I was able to enjoy the other two.
My YouTube Channel

Cosplays for 2015:
Jinora (Legend of Korra)

AMVs
-Somebody Who Cares (2014 Romance Finalist)
-Heartbeat (2013 Drama Finalist)
-SpiritPunch (2012 Other Finalist)
-If I Could Find You Now (2011 Romance Finalist)
-Until The End (2010 Best Romance)
-Falling From Innocence (2010 Drama Finalist)
-In a World Without Sorrow... (2009 Drama Finalist)
-Broken Wings of Love (2009 Romance Finalist)
EatTheKids
Experienced Poster

Con Plague

Post by EatTheKids »

Huh, oddly enough I don't think I've ever contracted con plague. It might've been the gas mask, but the only things I got were extremely sore muscles and exaustion. How common IS con plague?
AB'06-07~Attendee
AB'08-10~Merchant (RE4)
AB'11~S.A.S. CT (CS: Source)
AB'12~S.A.S. CT (CS: Source)
AB'13~S.A.S. CT (CS: Source)
Shining Armor{Modern Interpretation} (MLP)
80's Hong Kong Movie Detective
stray-x
Veteran Poster

Con Plague

Post by stray-x »

I've been attending cons for six years now, and this is the first time I've gotten con plague. I woke up with a sore throat, which I hope will go away by tomorrow.
DoubleEdgeSword
Experienced Poster

Con Plague

Post by DoubleEdgeSword »

Sore throat's gotten worse... so my suspicions are kinda confirmed with contracting con plague.

We had some mini-epidemic of a 24 hr flu bug in med school, but I didn't get it. Considering the fact that I started feeling sick 3 days after attending AB, it's pretty much the common cold.

Got a mid-term tomorrow so here's hoping I can drag myself out of bed for it. Wish I had some Zicam on me now. D:
Kyncha

Con Plague

Post by Kyncha »

Me and my bf yeahh. lol I believe Friday night he said that he couldn't sleep well, and Sunday morning he had a heaache.
My throat started feeling a bit sore over the weekend, but that didn't last long thank goodness D8;

But I've been feeling pretty crappy since I haven't been getting good sleep since the con xD;
KingPads
Expert Poster

Con Plague

Post by KingPads »

Chalk me up as having it too
DangerousDreams

Con Plague

Post by DangerousDreams »

Most of the sore throat stuff is from yelling, trying to be heard, etc etc for me, anyway.
Sunday I felt absolutely sick in the afternoon, and threw up at about midnight. I don't know exactly what it was, but I'm just chalking it up to a combination of Post Con Depression + not eating enough for the weekend + not keeping hydrated.
On a somewhat related note, my lips got incredibly chapped while at the con. They're still badly chapped [I can't smile or my lips bleed in about four different spots =w=;;] and are in a LOT of pain. I guess I didn't drink enough... It's so easy to forget to drink/eat with all the excitement...
"Though you never know all the steps, you must learn to join the dance."