Bad Anime, Bad!! & Totally Subversive Toons [v.2011]

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
Malak the Mad
Experienced Poster

Post by Malak the Mad »

Greetings All!

I want to thank everyone who waited in line so very, very long to come to my "Ten Terrible Years of Bad Anime, Bad!!" panel. Between all the new faces in the crowd and the fact that all of you could be watching the Cosplay or doing any number of other activities, I feel truly honored. That you would spend so much time and patience to have your sensibilities and faith in our most favored genres turned horribly upside-down...well, I think there are professionals out there who could offer us some much-needed help. :p

My only regret is that the room clearing and seating took so much time out of the panel. I had much more to [strike]inflict[/strike] show, but I've been talking with the head of the Panels Department (give it up to Lou, who lets me do this year after year!) to see if we can have a pre-panel buffer to clear-and-seat everyone, much like the 18+ panels have. I make no promises...I'm merely suggesting it to the Powers That Be.

Also, thanks again to everyone who came to Totally Subversive Toons and turned it into a standing room only panel. This year was especially fun. I had many new clips this year AND the audience was awesome for their participation and helpful suggestions. In fact, special thanks should go to the few out there who, with no prior planning, practically introduced a few choice clips for me. You rock!

Many thanks for another awesome con!
Till then, be seeing you...
Brian T. Price
Malak the Mad
INTERDUM FEROR CUPIDINE PARTIUM MAGNARUM EUROPAE VINLEDARUM
"Sometimes, I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe"
FromZeroToHero
Experienced Poster

Post by FromZeroToHero »

what was covered in totally subversive toons
Malak the Mad
Experienced Poster

Post by Malak the Mad »

[quote=FromZeroToHero]what was covered in totally subversive toons[/quote]

I kicked off with a few of the establishing clips that brought the panel to life in the first place (Black Lagoon, Kare Kano, the infamous Porky Pig S.O.B. clip), as well as some other oft-used clips (Rocko's Modern Life, Histeria, Simpsons, Lucky Star, TV Funhouse, Spongebob, etc...).

This year I found so many new clips I wasn't able to use them all, but I still worked in a few of them. Powerpuff Girls, Batman: The Brave & The Bold were featured, as well as new Rocko's and Histeria clips. There was a particularly dark clip of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy that I couldn't get around to showing. Ah well...next time perhaps.
INTERDUM FEROR CUPIDINE PARTIUM MAGNARUM EUROPAE VINLEDARUM
"Sometimes, I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe"