"Made my night"

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2011.
momoney781
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by momoney781 »

What made my night is when I was in Barnes and nobles or borders bookstore and a couple of people who were not part of the con or even know anything about it complimented me on my outfit (Ezio Auditore) and wanted pictures of it.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted

AB 11' Ezio Auditore
AB 12' Altair-Assassin's Creed
Kratos- God of War
SSJ Goku- Dragon Ball Z
Yammark
Determined Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Yammark »

Being in my very first photo shoot, bringing a great idea in that photo shoot, and bacon cheese fries, thats what made my night : D
Yamma!
ThatNinja
Getting the hang of this...

"Made my night"

Post by ThatNinja »

Both nights of the dance were fun, but Saturday's was the best. Though what made my night was this girl I danced with for the last an hour and a half of the second night. She was amazing.
karmara
I'm new!

"Made my night"

Post by karmara »

It was my friend and I's first time cosplaying this year. We were Jill and Claire from Resident Evil. We were only there for Saturday but we got asked by several people to get our picture taken, it was pretty awesome for us.
C-Rowles
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by C-Rowles »

The Homestuck photoshoot on Saturday was so much fun! Listing all the highlights from that would take forever. So, I'll just leave it at IT WAS ONE BIG HIGHLIGHT OKAY and not make myself choose at all!

As for other highlights, though:

On my way to a spot for a photo, I dropped my Regisword (I was cosplaying PM, from Homestuck) and the cross on the hilt snapped off. At the first chance I got, I scurried off to the cosplay repair station to fix it, and while I was crouching by the table holding my sword together so the krazy glue could do its thing, I noticed an AMAZING group of Bioshock cosplayers, several Splicers and a Little Sister, standing nearby. Admiring their costumes, talking to them, and taking photos of them was inspiring and so great, and I'm glad I bumped into them!

A little while later, I was in the cafeteria with a bunch of other HS cosplayers, and Sam, one of the Kanayas, invited me to come get food with her. My cousin had been carrying all of my money, but she'd run off to check out the dealers' room without my knowing, so I had no cash! Sam said that was no problem, and treated me to apple juice.

However, one of the biggest highlights was arriving at the con itself. The headdress I was wearing was huge and covered most of my face, and I had white pancake makeup and enormous black circle lenses in, so I looked pretty alien; smiling and giving little waves to all of the people (both con-goers and people just shopping) who stared and smiled at me as I went across the street and through the Prudential center to get to the Hynes was so much fun! I felt pretty glamorous, and like all the hard work I'd put into my costume had paid off.
Crack

"Made my night"

Post by Crack »

Sellin' glow sticks, some of the most hilarious human interactions I've ever had with you people.
fuyuzora
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by fuyuzora »

girugamesh made my entire con, I have to admit. They were so much more adorable than I expected, and I got pretty awesome pics of them in the Dealers' Room too :)

And plus, when I was standing in line for their autographs, someone showed up with a huge red boombox and played a Pokemon battle theme that I recognized instantly. What a perfect boost of energy! ;)
「そうですねぇ」
bowZachan
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by bowZachan »

there were a few things that really was nice! The best, though was:

Fri: Meeting the guy behind the comic Para-ten! i have to say, it's one of my favorites, so it was cool to meet the person behind it. I was too shy to really say much though. Also, meeting up with a lady as we sat outside a panel (my friends were, in the meantime, trying to poke their heads through to see it, as they came late and lacked a seat.)

Sat: Going to the Homestuck photoshoot for a second, only to be told to take a picture with a sollux cosplayer! ( I wasn't a HS character myself, though. ) Also, i met up with another touhou cosplayer who was really nice, even though we didn't speak much....
It's Sowen time (day pending, likely saturday?)
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

1. my friend payed for a kickass dinner at Cheesecake Factory
2. Met a super nice sakura cosplayer
3. Won the Black Ops tournament
4. dance was just as amazing as before ^^;
You will never understand the depth of our pride
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

On Friday, im at the Au Bon Pain (by Copley Place, not Hynes) getting coffee when a cluster of tourists approach me. Apparently they were ALL from England, and were amazed a Yank was cosplaying The Doctor. Photos were involved.

On the bus ride up, the girl sitting behind me was reading a book by Marshall Sahlens (an anthropologist) and we get to talking, turns out she was studying anime culture as well, and she had no idea there was even a con going on, so when I told her, she was thrilled.

Seeing the huge lines of people waiting to get into both my Miyazaki and Shinigami panels, followed by the occasionally raucous audience participation, uplifted my flagging spirits a great deal, and bumping into random attendees afterwards who appreciated the time I put into crafting the panels themselves made my entire weekend.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
Icesky

"Made my night"

Post by Icesky »

I'd have to say the Evanglion [probably spelt that wrong] voice actors all talking. I've never seen or read the anime, but they were hilarious! I really enjoyed listening to them.
Warlike Swans
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Warlike Swans »

When I was cosplaying Lust someone stopped me and asked, "Excuse me, are you "Sexy?" I can't tell without my glasses"

... No clue if he just got the character's name confused or if he just goes around asking women if they're attractive.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison
volne

"Made my night"

Post by volne »

[quote=Jen-Chan]Well I was Kanede from Angel Beats on Saturday but I didn't really get much notice, I guess its just not well known enough. But it really made my day when I met an adorible Yuri, a great TK, a cute Angel and Otonashi couple, and got my picture taken by Cyborg 009 <3[/quote]

I was 009! XD

you don't know how happy I was to find someone doing kanade :3

Two of my favorite memories were at 2 AM on friday trying to do the can can back to the hotel room with 2 of my friends and the second is coming back from symphony sushi and some homeless man was completely astounded by my friend's dance outfit and kept hugging her (she was 6.5-7 feet tall)
Shinden
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Shinden »

One thing I was scared to death of (walking to Northeastern every night as I was bedding with a friend at a dorm) was being called out for wearing a full Luftwaffe dress uniform. Luckily, I didn't get any flack, and actually got a few compliments, even from non-congoers!

This was the street, however, the mall was a different story altogether. Mainly had a few passive issues with a few men who thought they were witty by waving to me funny or saying "Heil-o" when passing me.
2012: I, Otaku
2013: off
2014: An Introduction to Kill La Kill
2015: Beyond Honnouji
2016: Japanophile's Guide to Boston, Nippon wo Mamore
2017: All About the Imperial Family
2018: Contrasts of Tezuka
EatTheKids
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by EatTheKids »

Four things come to mind when I think about what made my con:
1. Made a bunch of new friends.

2. Saw someone in a Dr. Rockso costume. I **** bricks.

3. Off the cuff tactical military RP through the Terrace and convention center with two different Ghosts. Did anyone get to see that btw?

4. Found Ore no Imouto keychains. I **** bricks.
AB'06-07~Attendee
AB'08-10~Merchant (RE4)
AB'11~S.A.S. CT (CS: Source)
AB'12~S.A.S. CT (CS: Source)
AB'13~S.A.S. CT (CS: Source)
Shining Armor{Modern Interpretation} (MLP)
80's Hong Kong Movie Detective
yuupon
I'm new!

"Made my night"

Post by yuupon »

I think what made my weekend was seeing Ryo about fifteen times a day. First it was during the signing on Friday. No big deal, they're supposed to be there. Later that day, while returning from my friend's hotel room, he was just strolling through the mall, winked and smiled at us, and continued into the sheraton. I hyperventilated.
Next, making his way in and out of the dealer room.
Saturday night, walked past us to go out for a smoke.
Sunday, while waiting for the picture, he walked right up next to the line and waved to everyone.

After the picture, I turned to him, shook his hand, and offered and friendly, Japanese 'thank you'. And he replied with an equally friendly, Japanese...you're welcome. I don't care if it was one phrase, we spoke to each other. xD

All that, plus Shuu's 'funny time', made my experience awesome.
Faifai

"Made my night"

Post by Faifai »

Feeling like i got the most fangirl screams when i walked on for the Hall Cosplay Contest. I was the Fai Flourite.
Totally doing that again, but this time with my boyfriend as Kurogane.
Auriga

"Made my night"

Post by Auriga »

[quote=Shinden]One thing I was scared to death of (walking to Northeastern every night as I was bedding with a friend at a dorm) was being called out for wearing a full Luftwaffe dress uniform. Luckily, I didn't get any flack, and actually got a few compliments, even from non-congoers!
[/quote]

I was worried about this as well - I was wearing a full Wehrmacht uniform, and I was absolutely petrified that I was going to be beaten to death by an angry mob. What do I get? Nothing except a few nods as to the accuracy (minus a few swastikas...I am -not- wearing those). Huge relief.
Last edited by Auriga on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:46 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: I herped on the syntax.
Ficus
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by Ficus »

This year was definitely made epic by all my friends. I wasnt feeling too well and just wanted to curl up in my hotel room and sleep, but everyone was amazing and let me forget about the plague for a while with their zaniness.
Best laugh of the weekend though was going back to the hotel room after the masq and being able to watch it on a camera hooked up to our room TV. I missed a lot of moments being backstage or on it... a lot of great moments. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
RobinHood3000

"Made my night"

Post by RobinHood3000 »

Was in the hallway on Saturday evening on the way out, and I saw somebody point out an Ezio in the crowd and shout, "Asesino!" - at which point, Ezio ran the other way while the pointers gave chase. I can only assume this was part of an event/activity I wasn't aware of, but it was funny all the same.
chaobunny
Committed Poster

"Made my night"

Post by chaobunny »

There was this girl who took my picture and I ran into her again in the dealer's room later, and her dad said she kept talking about how much she liked my costume. My costumes aren't exactly top-notch, either, so that made me feel really good. She was adorable!
My YouTube Channel

Cosplays for 2015:
Jinora (Legend of Korra)

AMVs
-Somebody Who Cares (2014 Romance Finalist)
-Heartbeat (2013 Drama Finalist)
-SpiritPunch (2012 Other Finalist)
-If I Could Find You Now (2011 Romance Finalist)
-Until The End (2010 Best Romance)
-Falling From Innocence (2010 Drama Finalist)
-In a World Without Sorrow... (2009 Drama Finalist)
-Broken Wings of Love (2009 Romance Finalist)
fuyuzora
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by fuyuzora »

[quote=yuupon]I think what made my weekend was seeing Ryo about fifteen times a day. First it was during the signing on Friday. No big deal, they're supposed to be there. Later that day, while returning from my friend's hotel room, he was just strolling through the mall, winked and smiled at us, and continued into the sheraton. I hyperventilated.
Next, making his way in and out of the dealer room.
Saturday night, walked past us to go out for a smoke.
Sunday, while waiting for the picture, he walked right up next to the line and waved to everyone.

After the picture, I turned to him, shook his hand, and offered and friendly, Japanese 'thank you'. And he replied with an equally friendly, Japanese...you're welcome. I don't care if it was one phrase, we spoke to each other. xD

All that, plus Shuu's 'funny time', made my experience awesome.[/quote]

Finally, another fan! :) I sort of envy you...wish I'd seen them that much ;)
「そうですねぇ」
BaffledPrince
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by BaffledPrince »

Hrmm it really made my day on, I think it was Sunday.

I was in the dealer's room looking at some stuff and I hear someone excitedly yelling "Italy!" since I was cosplaying north Italy from Hetalia. I turn around and there were these two girls looking so excited. One explained that she was from Italy and wanted a picture with me, and she had the cute accent and everything. Sounds silly but that really just made me happy to make someone else happy!
Saeran42
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Saeran42 »

I had LOTS of moments that made my entire weekend! One that comes to mind first though is when my friends and I were walking through the mall on the way to the con center and we passed by a group of non-con attendees in line for some store, and a bunny suit Haruhi walked by. There was a woman holding a 3 or 4 year-old and the kid was staring wide-eyed, and the mom looked over her shoulder, saw the Haruhi, and without missing a beat said "Say hello to the Easter bunny!" XD I cracked up.
Plans for 2019!
Ann Takamaki (masquerade art, Persona 5)
Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII)
momoney781
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by momoney781 »

[quote=RobinHood3000]Was in the hallway on Saturday evening on the way out, and I saw somebody point out an Ezio in the crowd and shout, "Asesino!" - at which point, Ezio ran the other way while the pointers gave chase. I can only assume this was part of an event/activity I wasn't aware of, but it was funny all the same.[/quote]
someone did that to me at the food court. it was awesome

AB 11' Ezio Auditore
Kratos- God of War
SSJ Goku- Dragon Ball Z
lyraparry11
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by lyraparry11 »

-All the pictures people took of me and my friend as link and dark link.
-being the only rin tohsaka cosplayer the whole weekend (I think)
-seeing the girugamesh concert and getting their autographs
-a guy with a pedobear mask was giving a bunch of younger girls funny/creepy looks, then turned to me and looked confused. He asked if I was 18, to which I said yes even though I'm not 18 yet. He then said something about the dance, to which I responded that I really had to go (which I actually did really need to go to meet up with someone because we were leaving soon). I thought it was funny.
komamura-okami

"Made my night"

Post by komamura-okami »

All the smiles I got being Komamura Sajin from Bleach with his wolf head. It was great seeing all the smiles I got. I think I also excited a few Bleach cosplayers. But most of all a little kid hugging my leg and wanting his picture taken with me.
Serenatai

"Made my night"

Post by Serenatai »

My husband, son and I were walking by this trio of guys. They were checking me out & one of them said, "She's hot, I wonder if she's single."

His friend said, "Looks like she has a kid & husband." The other guy responded with, "FUUUUUU-" with the face and everything.

We found it pretty amusing.

ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

"Made my night"

Post by ninja_girl21 »

everything i did and saw made my night
i been going to anime boston since 2004
ohmyLeeshy
I'm new!

"Made my night"

Post by ohmyLeeshy »

Okay so Saturday I believe, I was sitting in the food court with a bunch of friends and right across from us was this little boy eating lunch with his mom.

So he kept making eye contact with me and I would just smile and then he would turn away really quickly. Well sooner or later he came up to me and asked me for my picture. I was Thumbelina, and I am not sure if he knew who I was but he complimented me on my costume and said I was pretty.

Well after that his mom had to run to the rest room so she comes up to me and my friend Bri and asked us to watch him. Of course we did because he was adorable and sweet. As we watched him, we had an amazing conversation about how he was 11 and how this was his third time coming to Anime Boston and about his favorite movie being Spirited Away and how one of his favorite t.v shows was Samuri Jack. He was just so cute and amazing:)

Another thing that made my whole con was when we were walking through that hall that intersected with every other hall. There were 4 adults and this little girl and as I was walking by this mom goes "Look honey! It's Thumbelina!" As I heard my name I turned around and the little girl's face was giant and smiling and she came over to me and said she really liked me. It was just so precious!

Besides that I am honestly just really happy people knew I was Thumbelina (also if you have pictures please message me).
RobinHood3000

"Made my night"

Post by RobinHood3000 »

That's the cutest thing ever, and I approve of that little boy's taste in television/movies already.
Overlord of Anime
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Overlord of Anime »

I think that being in the PARTY-VATOR was a big highlight. I arrived late on Saturday(8 pm) so I missed a lot of stuff, but I was able to jam out some Funk with some really great people.
AB06: Maiden Voyage
AB07: Pocky guy
AB08: Gaara
AB09: Japanaman
AB10: Rex Raptor
AB11: That guy who was always in the elevator
AB13: Smooth Criminal
AB14: Pool's Closed
AB15: Pink Floyd
AB16: Pink Floyd
AB17: Stink Patrol Commander
AB18: Stink Patrol Commander
LusciousGrapes
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by LusciousGrapes »

I chased down Tatum on Friday before me and my sister went to the Mock Combat panel and had a nice conversation with him (I also hugged him about 15 separate times, one of them was him hugging first!). He said my name reminded him of a character in the Tempest (which I totally take as a compliment) and we had a nice conversation about his time recording on Baccano! after I told him it was my favorite show.

Also, on Saturday. Me and were told that he had a panel after the Masquerade, so we booked it out of there after and we got there a few minutes late. The panel was awesome and, because it was so late and no one had anywhere to be, a small crowd of people (including my hotel roommates) ended up following him around for about a half an hour. Oh! And while we were still in the room, he noticed the crowd and stated "Okay, who wants a hug!" and I was all like, "I want one!" and then he muttered that I gave good hugs! (WHICH MEANS HE REMEMBERED ME! YAY!)

Anyway! We ended up following him for a while and my sister (we both had just read Othello and we know he's a big Shakespeare guy) spurred on a Shakespeare rant. A couple of people ran up to him and asked for autographs. I had kept my Baccano! DVD in my bag, just incase I me him again, so when those fans asked for an autograph, I immediately pulled it out of my bag and silently waited for an opportune moment to ask him (he went back into a passionate discussion about... Boston, I think? Yes, it was). One of my friends saw me looking pathetic with the DVD in my arms and started laughing, which made everyone turn around and stare at me. And then he called me CUTEEEE as he signed my DVD. A few minutes later we all exchanged more hugs and then we let him be.

And on Sunday, me and two of my friends were walking around and we saw Tatum walking around again, and, even though I had the gall to chase after him on Friday and follow him around on Saturday for a while, I got all nervous. He almost got out of reach when my friend literally pushed me towards him to ask for a Sunday hug.

TL;DR

So, I met Tatum all three days. I would not say "made my night," I would say this con MADE MY LIFE.
formerly: xturbulancexx
AB12: Subaru Sumeragi [Tokyo Babylon], Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck (God Tier)]
AB13: Latula Pyrope (God Tier, casual), Aradia Megido (God Tier, casual), possible Altair, Dave Strider, Subaru Sumeragi
MooeyDooey
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by MooeyDooey »

Okay, one story from this whole thing pretty much was the shining point of the entire convention for me.

on Saturday, I dressed up as Sister Sweden. For those of you who dont know the character / didn't see me, here it is: http://i55.tinypic.com/11gmszk.png. I was a bit worried about it since this has been my first time cosplaying in such a teeny dress and I know I'm no supermodel. But one experience in this costume made it alll worth it.

Saturday, I go to the food court with my friends Jamie and Amanda. We sit down and this one guy, Old Italian man, turns to us and asks what is going on. Normal thing at cons, peopel interested. So I explained to him that this was a convention, and that we were all dressing up as characters. He responds with "Oh... well I like your character the best!"

I laugh a bit, flattered and thank him, but he goes on. "Yes! You are very beautiful, a beautiful woman. You are very full! Big in the chest! My wife, when she was your age she was also a very full woman!"

Suddenly this turned very surreal. I had heard of these happening, but this is definately the first time anyone had complimented me like this. Tryign to hold back my laughter I thanked him again and he went on to say "hahah I can have a touch?"

My "CREEEP" radar went on and I nervously laughed, going "HAHAH NO THANK YOU 8D" and tried to turn away but he kept talking. I decided to turn back and listen to him, since he didn't seem like the aggressively pervy type and this WAS so amusing. He went on.

"Yes, you see all these other females here? They are not women, they are little girls. You are a REAL woman! Like... like..." he tried to find and example. Then pointed to my friend Jamie. Jamie is naturally very slim. "Like her! she is not a woman she is a girl! You must make sure she eats more!"

Being the great and supportive friends we are, Manda and I immediately began to encourage her and tell her that she simply MUST eat all of her chicken to get a body like mine through laughter. (Thankfully, Jamie was NOT offended. She might have been in any other situation but this was tooo funny, so she just responded "If I eat so much I don't think it will go to those places! xD")

our meeting ended with him going "Yes, all the boys must be after you" back to me. I laughed and went "Ohhhh I wish~" and he responded "No no no! They ARE! They just don't tell you!"

So his wife came back, we introduced ourselves and left.

And that was easily one of the best convention stories I have experienced.
tylerofmaine
AB Staff

"Made my night"

Post by tylerofmaine »

[quote=Shinden]One thing I was scared to death of (walking to Northeastern every night as I was bedding with a friend at a dorm) was being called out for wearing a full Luftwaffe dress uniform. Luckily, I didn't get any flack, and actually got a few compliments, even from non-congoers!

This was the street, however, the mall was a different story altogether. Mainly had a few passive issues with a few men who thought they were witty by waving to me funny or saying "Heil-o" when passing me.[/quote]

I really hope you're not the person who thought it was okay to wear swastikas.
Tyler van Drell
Assistant to the Director, Operations Division
ErinErin
Expert Poster

"Made my night"

Post by ErinErin »

[quote=Overlord of Anime]I think that being in the PARTY-VATOR was a big highlight. I arrived late on Saturday(8 pm) so I missed a lot of stuff, but I was able to jam out some Funk with some really great people.[/quote]

Haha I think I ended up in the PARTY-VATOR everytime I went up or down Saturday night. I was a little drunk so my friend didn't believe me until the last time we were both in the elevator when the music came out. Too funny!
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Master of NERV »

I convinced a new friend I made at the con this year to go to "Bad Anime, Bad". Watching her expression at this animated torture chamber--er, panel, was well worth the wait in line! :laugh:
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
jayem6d
I'm new!

"Made my night"

Post by jayem6d »

When people actually recognized my friend and my Prototype Sailor Scout cosplays. Also, my other friend who kept yelling to poeple that we were actually OCs just to annoy us. XD
Also; the Melody Ball. As my friends and I were leaving a guy came up to me and told me I was pretty and that he had been trying to ask me to dance all night. It was so so sweet and definitely made my night. :3
cannoliQ
I'm new!

"Made my night"

Post by cannoliQ »

I was on the train coming home from A Boston and it was just me, my buddy, this little boy and his parents on the train. I was Unit 00 from NGE and the kid comes up to me and asks if i was a robot. I said yup and he looked at me and said "That's so cool! You look really great!" I asked him if he wanted to put on my helmet and his eyes went huge!! He put it on and started giggling! :D When he went over to his parents his mom said "She let you put on her helmet! See, sometimes you meet great people on the train!" :'D
Rox3l
Determined Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Rox3l »

[quote=komamura-okami]All the smiles I got being Komamura Sajin from Bleach with his wolf head. It was great seeing all the smiles I got. I think I also excited a few Bleach cosplayers. But most of all a little kid hugging my leg and wanting his picture taken with me.[/quote]

One of my memorable moments was actually you stepping on my ankle on I think it was Friday night because you couldn't really see. You really freaked out, but since I was wearing flip flops, I wasn't upset, since I had like 5 other strangers step on my feet. ^^;

But what made my con was Stereopony's cover of American Idiot at their concert. That was totally awesome.
AB'13: Riven (League of Legends)
AB'14: Queen Elinor (Brave)
AB'15: Female Twisted Fate (League of Legends)
momoney781
Veteran Poster

"Made my night"

Post by momoney781 »

[quote=majik]Weekend rainbows:
[color:blue]1: All the Avatards that shopped at my table make me wish I'd had time to wear my Kyoshi Warrior costume, too. I saw a LOT of great Zuko's, an AMAZINGLY ADORABLE Toph, and when I found Azula, I called her Princess Crazy Pants, and she was happy about it ^__^[/color]
[color:magenta]2: The sweet little girl who's been coming to my Plushie Workshop EVERY YEAR SINCE SHE WAS THREE! She was Tokyo Mew Mew this year, and it was fantastic looking! Good job, Mom and Dad![/color]
[color:green]3: The Charity Auction! I always have a blast there, but, omg, we broke a record, or at least my sanity, this year! TONS of high, high, high bids, lots of GORGEOUS, sinful, covetous donations this year, and as always, a FANTASTIC audience, most of whom were NOT sitting on their wallets ^____^[/color]
[color:brown]4: Post-con dinner @ Typhoon. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. $135 worth of sushi and plum wine later (err, that's for TWO people, not just me!!!), I am a happy glutton.[/color]

Let's do it again NEXT YEAR![/quote]

Bonzai. I forgot the other thing you made else yell out at the auction

AB 11' Ezio Auditore
Kratos- God of War
SSJ Goku- Dragon Ball Z
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

"Made my night"

Post by Anna-neko »

[quote=lyraparry11]
-being the only rin tohsaka cosplayer the whole weekend (I think) [/quote]

Now I have to ask, were you the Rin wearing the school uniform? Because I saw a Rin walk by in the mall wearing that and my brain imploded of glee
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
irishangel
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by irishangel »

My Friday night was made when I was asked to dance mutliple times at the Melody Ball. May not seem like a big deal to some, but for someone who is extremely shy, it is a huge deal
RobinHood3000

"Made my night"

Post by RobinHood3000 »

May I ask what your outfit was? I've been desperately trying to find the people I danced with at Melody Ball.
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Darkvyse88 »

What made my night/day/weekend:

1. Having 3 Otacons (including myself) in the MGS photoshoot.

2. Being int the autograph line for the EVA 2.22 cast and talking about the con and anime with some cool bros.

3. A Mortici and Rigby cosplayer who did the "Free Cake/No Cake" Dance for me and I got to record it!
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
irishangel
Experienced Poster

"Made my night"

Post by irishangel »

[quote=RobinHood3000]May I ask what your outfit was? I've been desperately trying to find the people I danced with at Melody Ball.[/quote]

I was wearing a long brown evening dress
Yammark
Determined Poster

"Made my night"

Post by Yammark »

I forgot to mention somethin:

There was this magical octopus took me to all sort of wonderful secluded places, we had a jolly good time. My good friend, Onipunk
Yamma!
KittySlice

"Made my night"

Post by KittySlice »

THE SATURDAY DANCE!!! BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!!!! everything fun happened in the smaller room.
KittySlice
ZionCleric

"Made my night"

Post by ZionCleric »

This especially happened at night, and this was all because of my friends' lack of sleep.

Me and my friends (Cheren (me!), N, White, Red), whom I met at the food court, oddly enough, were still a bit annoyed when we didn't get to the Dark Side of Pokemon pannel.

Luckly enough, we found the Giovanni who was leading that pannel, and talked to him about what we missed. (great guy, btw.)

N: "So, are you dressed up as the Giovanni from the anime, or...."

And then I started playing the Team Rocket theme from the anime. We all paused and waited for the cue in the song.

And we all said the Team Rocket motto; without any signals or coordination.
On the 3rd floor.
Pretty much empty.
It echoed through the halls. Lovely.
KittySlice

"Made my night"

Post by KittySlice »

hahaha i heard it too!!! bravo btw
KittySlice