Panda Express. Sick.

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
Kittyears45
I'm new!

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Kittyears45 »

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else got sick off of panda express?
I was hoping to spend the whole weekend but on Friday ended up getting food poisoning and ended up in the ER with and IV >_<
Curious if it was just me.
Neshota
Veteran Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Neshota »

aw that sucks, i didnt eat there so obviously i didnt have a problem, i would have sued the place or something because i would have been pissed D:<
AB2009 - Ritsuka (Loveless)
AB2010 - Cooru (+Anima)
AB2011 - Bridgette (Guilty Gear)
AB2012 - Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
AB2013 - Red Cloak (Journey)
- Link (Ocarina of Time)
AB2014 - Levi (Shingeki no Kyojin)
- Haruka (Free!)
AB2015-17 - (Sadly Missed Years)
AB2018 - (Hopefully Going!)
Kittyears45
I'm new!

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Kittyears45 »

That would be one of the reasons I'm asking around! :) At least hoping to get out of having to pay the ER bill. Sadly I got a "fresh batch" so the people I was eating with didn't end up getting it.
XioSama
Getting the hang of this...

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by XioSama »

sick dude D:
I actually tried Panda Express for the first time that Saturday and could barley stomach it. I'm sticking to Saraku Japan for sure.
zephyrnix
Experienced Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by zephyrnix »

I'm going to assume that you didn't eat much at the convention, as nobody attending AB really does. Eating horribly greasy and poorly-cooked foods combined with an overall lack of eating makes for a wonderful recipe of nausea and grossness.

I've been attending conventions for three years, and I've learned to stay away from fast-food stores such as Panda Express, because I know I'll get sick. I try to eat healthy (or as healthy as the food court can get), so I eat at Paradise, which is similar to Panera. Stick to fruits, vegetables, and grains, and you'll feel well at conventions. And even if you want to eat at the fast-food restaurants, drink lots and lots of water to flush the grease out of your body, otherwise it will sit and make you feel nauseous.

I'm sorry to hear that you became nauseous after eating, though. I know how much that sucks.
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by troublemaiker »

I ate at panda express on friday and was sick for most of the convention... not sure if its related, but keep looking into this.

I eat at panda express...I dont want to say often, but I eat there when I'm not attending the con and just happen to be in the area. The food is normally really good...this time, it was bad. I couldn't finish it, i mean it was REALLY bad D:
XioSama

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by XioSama »

Eating healthy can't be it, because I got a meal at Saraku Friday, and a burger at Flammers on Sunday and both of those meals were awesome. Idk, for me it just might be that i just don't like Panda Express, but hey it was the first dish I ever had there too so... you could've caught them at a bad time. It's easy to say they could've been rushing due to a line of otaku too.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by PatrickD »

I had Panda Express (orange chicken and rib meat) on Sunday and have had no issues.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
coolforever
AB Alumni

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by coolforever »

I stuck to Qdoba Grill all weekend. Now I am glad I did.

That really sucks though. I hope they do get sued.
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
ZenErik
Veteran Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by ZenErik »

I ate at Panda Express on Saturday. No issues besides it being the usual mediocre psuedo-Chinese that it is. :p

Sorry to hear about you getting sick from it though..
Experienced Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by 021210 »

Wow, that bites. :(

The only issue I've got with Panda Express is them giving me a LOT more than I asked for (for both food and drink, I asked for single orange chicken and small drink..), and making me pay for THEIR mistake, and then them backtracking saying "You must take this medium drink, we're out of smalls." which I immediately called bull puckey on when I saw other people with smalls.

The food is really not that good to put up with such nonsense.
Mok

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Mok »

I ate at Panda Express for most of the weekend and didn't really get sick. Maybe I'm just used to typical Chinese fast food?

Otherwise, it sucks to hear that you got the "bad batch" of food, but at least you're okay now. Still sucks tho.
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by troublemaiker »

i forgot to say this in my last post, but do you have any allergies?
They have different spoons for each dish, but when it gets busy they cross contaminate

I'm deathly allergic to peppers and while I was eating my food (none of which had peppers) i started to have trouble breathing. Luckily the allergy isn't as bad when the foods cooked and I didn't get any actual pepper in me, just the chemicals...but my point is, if you have an allergy in one of the dishes they may have cross contaminated.

I was mildly pissed I didn't notice the spoon thing till after I had already sat down and started eating -_-
burrito
I'm new!

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by burrito »

Panda Express was the only thing I ate on Friday... I was pretty hungry and ordered a large portion. It didn't make me sick at all, though.
Kittyears45
I'm new!

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Kittyears45 »

No allergies to things like food, and honestly normally I'm pretty good with greasy things within reason.
Not looking for a million dollar lawsuit, just hoping to not have to pay my ER bills at least >_<
Kyo-Kun

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Kyo-Kun »

Ate it saturday morning, been sick ALL week, glad im not the only one...
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Lawliet »

i had it saturday for dinner and I was fine, I was full after eating half of it and I had to force the other half in because they overpriced it during AB. I guess I'm just used to bad food or something because I go to a college where the food is made by chartwells, (if you don't know what that is look it up on urban dictionary), but ya for me the food wasn't that bad
Song of a Phoenix
Expert Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Song of a Phoenix »

[color:purple]I ate at the Panda Express on Sunday and I didn't have any problems. Sorry to hear people got sick though! =([/color]

2016:
Florina (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Jinx (LoL), Nora Valkyrie

2015:
Guy Cecil, Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones), Alice Elliot

2014:
Leila (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Guy Cecil, "Marth" (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

2013:
Flynn Scifo, Trish (Devil May Cry), Garry (Ib)

2012:
Shion (No. 6), Guy Cecil, Tabatha, Tsuzuki Asato

2011:
Guy Cecil, Tabatha (Tales of Symphonia), Tsuzuki Asato
Sanctjud
AB Alumni

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Sanctjud »

Sad to hear, but I've eaten there once a week, so I guess I'm used to it.

Pleasure is pain, pain is pleasure sort of deal :D
Andrew Lee
Formal Ball Staff 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018!
I highly suggest volunteering for Anime Boston! ^_^
PokemonEaterx3

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by PokemonEaterx3 »

oh yeah, they did that to me '09... so i didnt go back this year. out of smalls, pff
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by MerchMaven »

I spent four years on a college EMT squad with a fellow who spent his entire college career trying to pin a case of food poisoning on the local 'haunt.'

He never managed it, it's nearly impossible to prove. I stuck with Tossed through most of the weekend, delicious salad for the win!
Kerry Walker
Anime Boston Merch Manager, 2006-2019
Anime Boston Security, 2004-2006
Skanking_Pickle
Expert Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Skanking_Pickle »

I was a nerd and packed lunches for the group. Except on saturday SOMEONE *coughmyboyfriendcough* ate my sandwich by mistake and I eat sandwiches pretty bare and the only one left had mustard *yeck* So I was forced to buy chicken fingers >.O but I still had strawberries!
Cosplay.com page- BlondieSundae
Deviantart- SkullsAndStripes
Cosplay Tumblr- The Cosplay Compendium
JReckers
AB Staff

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by JReckers »

I ate Panda Express a few times during the convention, and so did a few other staffers I ate with. We were all fine.
Jeff Reckers
Special Projects 2019
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by troublemaiker »

it sounds like it was just that batch that was the problem and one "batch" feeds maybe...30?
i know it depends on portions and blah, but in order to prove this you'd need to find those 30 or so people that ate when you did, you'd probably all need to have receipts showing around the same time, and all would have needed to have been treated or something. >.<
xXmisamarasanXx

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by xXmisamarasanXx »

What did you get? It couldve been something you ordered. cuz i ate there on friday and i was completely fine. but who knows
megmo
Determined Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by megmo »

Two of my friends ate there on Friday, and I ate there both Saturday and Sunday. None of us have had any complaints (other than the huge ass cups we were given...)
Nashida
Expert Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Nashida »

I actually ate there Thursday and had no problems. I almost nabbed something there Friday but I went to the noodle shop Men-Tei instead, tasty tasty.

Sorry to hear that happened, that really bites.
Axel (KHII): AB07,AB08 (Cosplay Chess-Team Evil)
Reno(FF:AC): AB10
Riley (Pokemon): AB11
N Harmonia (Pokemon): AB12
deviantART Cosplay.comFacebookMy website
BlackSunRising
AB Alumni

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by BlackSunRising »

I ate there a few different times over the con, and I didn't get sick.
xxMoonsCurse
I'm new!

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by xxMoonsCurse »

My friend got sick, but not to that extreme. We had to spend part of the night in the hotel room =3
But me and my other three friends who ate there had no problems *shrug*
lolitzkin

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by lolitzkin »

I ate some on friday and threw it up not long after. I think it was because, as another poster mentioned, I wasn't eating much while at the con and my system just wasn't ready for that crap.
KingPads
Expert Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by KingPads »

Orange Chicken and Pepper chicken and I was splitting it with my roomie, we both got sick after about half way through. I think it was the pepper chicken.
Sanctjud
AB Alumni

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Sanctjud »

True, at least for the orange chicken, that stuff is strong, just by smelling it, it essentially forces its way into your brain :D

What I had that weekend:

Sakkio: Chicken Terriaki.
Paradise: Chicken Walnut w/ Avocado.
Panda Express: Fried Rice, Shrimp, Tofu, Double Orange Chicken.

Nothing terrible came of that combination over the week end...but there is another issue with Panda Express...the cost inflation... It hasn't happened to me cause my orders are pretty big, but I notice it constantly...
Andrew Lee
Formal Ball Staff 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018!
I highly suggest volunteering for Anime Boston! ^_^
danim
AB Alumni

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by danim »

I ate at Panda Express once that weekend and my friends ate there more than that. None of us had any issues. Also, I had it at lunch during the week after the con. Also no issues, and the cups returned to normal. I'm not sure if they "run out of cups" during the con every year in hopes to charge more or they just underestimate the business they will be getting. However, unlike the complaints on here, if we ordered a small and they gave us a LARGE they charged us for a small.
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by lunchbox »

I just eat at Qdoba and get chicken burritos with guac....mmmmm tasty. Also, drinking water when eating greasy food makes the grease float on the top of your stomach as fat is less dense than water, comeon folks, where is your chemistry!!!
ChibiPez
AB Staff

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by ChibiPez »

[quote=Kittyears45]Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else got sick off of panda express?
I was hoping to spend the whole weekend but on Friday ended up getting food poisoning and ended up in the ER with and IV >_<
Curious if it was just me.[/quote]

O.O! That sucks hardcore. Hope things are better.

I had PE for most of the weekend...and I didn't have an issue.

I think for most, people caught con plague and coincidentally ate PE this weekend as well.
L Pentowski
2024 - Tech Desk
2016 - Tech Desk
2004 -2015 Volunteer's Slave for Life
AmandaMaie
Expert Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by AmandaMaie »

I ate Boston Chowder basically every day. Panda Express ripped me off last year and made me feel pretty queezy so I tend to stay away.
President Aria
Veteran Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by President Aria »

The smart con goer eats at The Pour House ;)

And as for whoever said nobody eats at the convention, speak for yourself. I make sure to find time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Can't very well enjoy the convention if I'm cranky because I'm hungry.
Dragonrider1227
Expert Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Dragonrider1227 »

I've never gotten sick from them but Panda Express is certainly not my favorite Chinese place
Sorry to hear that it happened to you though. Hope you're feeling better :(
Drama Finalist 2015 A Boy In Funny Red Boots
Fun/Comedy Finalist 2019 The Hero We Need
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by kimnamjoon »

well sometimes whether people get sick or not depends on how strong their stomach is. my parents got food poisoning when we went to Belize and I was perfectly fine despite eating the exact same things they had. My father also got sick a few hours after my mother, so it's all about your body's ability to handle it, really.

I got nauseous every morning for whatever reason and we discovered it was likely the hotel water... which wasn't cool.

I avoid Panda Express as a rule. PF Chang's all the way! Best chinese food i've ever had.
azyryan
Expert Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by azyryan »

yep...sick...wasn't fun...
AB10: Myself :P
AB11: Misa Amane & NANA Osaki
AB12: Misa Amane & Dead Master
AB13: Stocking & young Genkai
AB14: Stocking, Young Genkai, Christie Leroux
AB15: Botan, Chrisite Leroux, Vanellope Von Schweetz
AB16: Koto, Umi Sonoda, Asuka Tanaka, Liv Moore
AB17: Naho, Yukina, Stocking (PJs), Hanamaru
AB18 Plans:
Friday: Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph)
Saturday: Stocking Sailor vers. (Panty and Stocking)
Sunday: ??
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

First, I just wanted to say I'm sorry to all those who got sick. I have never eaten at Panda Express, so I don't know how their food is.

I agree about The Pour House & P.F. Chang's. They're both awesome! :thumbup:

One thing my boyfriend and I did was, on the Saturday of the con, we knew we'd be going to 7 panels that day, as well as go in the video rooms. We both ate big breakfasts that morning, and because we weren't sure if we'd have enough time in between panels to get something to eat in any of the restaurants later on, we went into the sundry shop in the hotel and got trail mix & meal bars.

We just snacked on those when we got hungry. That worked for us that day. :)
ThatGuyOverThere

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by ThatGuyOverThere »

I just ate at Au Bon Pain and Pizzeria Regina.
lyraparry11
Veteran Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by lyraparry11 »

I didn't have any problems at panda express this year, but in 09 I had it for an early dinner on Friday and found myself sick in the bathroom later that night. Nothing too extreme, I didn't have to go home early or anything, but I spent more time than I'd have liked to in the ladies room that night. I split a meal with a friend, and she didn't get sick.
SilentRose
Experienced Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by SilentRose »

I had Panda Express, The food I had was funny tasting so I stopped eating it =/ Same with my friend. We got sick for a few hours but we barely ate any of it.
TheBlackMandalorian

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by TheBlackMandalorian »

This. It fills you up and its amazing. really dont eat anything else
mikecarroll1985
AB Alumni

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by mikecarroll1985 »

I had Panda Express on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday for lunch and never got sick. Food poisoning at a con sucks! I hope that no one gets sick this year.
Michael Carroll

Tech Special Projects 2022
Opperation Hammond 2014-2016
AB Theme Staff 2012-2016
AB Live Video Production Staff 2011-2012
AB Attended as press for WCTV 2010
Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Mama Undertaker »

I had it and I was fine, Then again I have the stomach of an aligator. I could eat a rubber tire and be fine hehe. If you wanna place to eat the au ban pain is right infront of the con, and it serves healthy foods. break fast and lunch. I eat there every AB and Never had a problem.
Anime Boston 2014 Booya peoples I am coming back!! I have for my Line up Captain James Kidd (AC4) Queen Undertaker and regular Undertaker (black butler, Raichu (pokemon)
poptarts_n_pixistix
Veteran Poster

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by poptarts_n_pixistix »

I didn't get sick, but if ANYONE buys ANYTHING there at the con, WATCH YOUR COST. My friend and I thought something was fishy about the pricing, so we both ordered the same thing a few people apart in the line. One woman was GROSSLY overcharging in the mass of people (the line was crazy) and when confronted she got really pissy and started yelling that she didn't do anything wrong and the pricing was right, and to 'move out of the line' because we had already paid. We had only really caught on after going there a FEW times and getting the same things, both going later 'hey, did you notice it was really expensive?'

Watch your pricing people, especially when there's a huge line ANYWHERE, it's easy for mistakes to be made, it's even easier for people to scam you thinking you won't notice or do anything in the mob of people.
Fetch
Show-off

Panda Express. Sick.

Post by Fetch »

[quote=poptarts_n_pixistix]I didn't get sick, but if ANYONE buys ANYTHING there at the con, WATCH YOUR COST. My friend and I thought something was fishy about the pricing, so we both ordered the same thing a few people apart in the line. One woman was GROSSLY overcharging in the mass of people (the line was crazy) and when confronted she got really pissy and started yelling that she didn't do anything wrong and the pricing was right, and to 'move out of the line' because we had already paid. We had only really caught on after going there a FEW times and getting the same things, both going later 'hey, did you notice it was really expensive?'

Watch your pricing people, especially when there's a huge line ANYWHERE, it's easy for mistakes to be made, it's even easier for people to scam you thinking you won't notice or do anything in the mob of people.[/quote]

If you both had your receipts, you should have asked to see the manager.

Also, Panda Express does have a website they put on their receipts, telling you to go there and put feedback. I hope you put this there then.

Tip: Have them read back what you are being charged for. You have that right as a customer. If it doesn't match, tell them and don't pay until they get it right.