Q&A with Nobuo Uematsu & Co.

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
Arkane
I'm new!

Q&A with Nobuo Uematsu & Co.

Post by Arkane »

How many of you attended this? I personally was not able to get into the 3:00 Meet Nobuo panel which sorely disappointed me. I actually had no idea that Nobuo was showing up for the 9:00 Q&A on music composition, so that alone was an incredible surprise.

For anyone who attended, I was that goofy guy who asked the second to last question. You know, the whole "I recognize 99% of this is simply hard work; there's no getting around that fact. And when I think of hard work, I definitely think of Mitsuda and his work on CT, etc. But is there ever that 1%, when you're tired, sleepless at 3 AM and you press a random note on the piano and think, 'hey, that sounds cool, what if I do this? Hey, that sounds cool too? How about this, and this, and this!' and so on. Moments where the song writes itself..is that a myth?"

I had such difficulty putting words to it, but Nobuo's answer was just so beautiful and what I had been wanting to hear for so many years. As he responded to me, tears actually began streaming down my cheeks. I won't ever forget the last words of his response: "It's there, and you can feel it." I stared back in utter endearment of him, his experiences and what he was telling me.

After the panel ended and everyone was being kicked out, I continued to stand for a few minutes just absorbing everything. As a security officer told everyone to leave, I slowly walked up to the podium where Nobuo was sitting and looked up at him. He smiled at me and I outstretched my hand, quietly saying a simple "Thank you." We shook hands, he nodded, and we parted ways.

Whatever the case, I would just like to thank AB and everybody who attended for giving me such an amazing experience. I only got to attend for the Saturday, but I was always moving from panel to panel, meeting amazing people along the way. I could not have ever imagined that it'd all have been like this while we were struggling to navigate the city at 7 AM, trying to beat the line.

Thanks again everyone. I'm headed far away to college next year, but if I happen to be on spring break, you can bet that you'll see me there. :)