Was animeboston on Fox 25?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Sorry if this was out of place, but can anyone here confirm for me, and my group, if it was? Apparently, we were sighted on it, and well, it lead into issues for a member of our group. I am just wanting to know if anyone can confirm this, where fox was filming, what day, and if there is one, a video link to the broadcasting?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Atree
Determined Poster

Post by Atree »

I really don't know... But they usually do go to AB every year. In 2008 my friend and I were photographed and it was put up on their website. It was mildly awkward when she had to explain to her aunt what the hell she was doing at such a place...

Basically, I can't offer any confirmation, but from my experience, they probably were filming (or at least photographing) at AB.
AB 2015:
- Naoko Satomi - The Wind Rises (Friday)
- Lin - Spirited Away (Saturday)
- Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6 (Sunday)

Past: AB 2008 -- present
(Studio Ghibli, Fairy Tail, Pokémon,
Ravenclaw quidditch, Dalton Academy,
Professor Layton, Sfeer Theory,
Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Same, but it sort of went too extreme for a member in my group, that her mother told her to not come home again, and well......she is currently staying with another friend. Got to love the news.
InvaderFlak
Expert Poster

Post by InvaderFlak »

Ow.

What was she going as?
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Sadly, she didn't cosplay, so she easily could have been pegged.

Without going into huge details, I have never seen anyone's parents as bad as hers. She gets yelled at for stupid junk, gets knocked on her self esteem and everything, and for that, she hasn't had a good year at the con until this year. Come sunday morning, when we found out about this newscast, ALL of us, sunk for her.

The reason I ask this though, is that we aren't 100% sure if this was true or not, or that her mother could have played a suspicion card on her. We will say, she did tell a little white lie that she was at a concert, but either way, getting caught like this, we would like to see it.
InvaderFlak
Expert Poster

Post by InvaderFlak »

Ah, sounds pretty harsh. Sorry for your friend.

Don't know if it helps, but technically Anime Boston had a concert this year. If she said she was going to a concert, she wasn't exactly lying.

Maybe it had to do with Easter weekend. Ah, well. I don't really want to intrude. It just sounds bad, that's all.
Moose
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Moose »

A friend of a friends, whom we met up with and had great fun going about the Con, was dressed as Deadpool.
Many many people stopped us every few feet to take his picture, hug him, various things.
Even to the point of Dancing the Macarana. After he finished and joined up, a Radio came out of nowhere and interviewed him, as Deadpool ^^
Crazy, Ladies loved the deadpool. Though one guy though it was some sorta spiderman costume.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Yeah, to help her cover, she was going to try and pick up a Tshirt in the dealers room, and get video footage in the dance (Of course, try to make it not so good in quality so it wouldn't be noticable the total whereabouts.)

But yeah.....we dunno. Pretty sad but overall, she still loved the weekend. I hope this time away from her mother becomes beneficial.I will have to watch for this fox thing.
spazishness

Post by spazishness »

it was on fox25, I was featured on it too. when going to an anime convention, you need to be really aware that you're going to be recorded and photographed when you're not expecting it. it's the nature of the event.
I'll be posting the footage soon
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Yeah, cameras and video recordings are obviously expected, but caught on the news was just......not AS expected. Anywho, thanks, I look forward to seeing it.
everywhereXOXnowhere
Expert Poster

Post by everywhereXOXnowhere »

I couldn't find anything. I checked ABC, Fox, and the Boston Globe but I see nothing...

I'm sorry about the situation :(
'08- Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)
'09- Akita Neru (Vocaloid)
'10- Ahiru {duck form} (Princess Tutu)
'11- Hilda (Pokemon B/W)
'12- Pikachu (Pokemon)
Hexidecimal

Post by Hexidecimal »

So your friend's parents are mad at her for going out and having fun? Wow. That's horrible parenting right there. You can't really blame the news though, it was an event that was going on that they wanted to broadcast. How are they to know that someone's parents are freaking stupid? Sorry for your friend though, I hope things work out.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=Hexidecimal]So your friend's parents are mad at her for going out and having fun? Wow. That's horrible parenting right there. You can't really blame the news though, it was an event that was going on that they wanted to broadcast. How are they to know that someone's parents are freaking stupid? Sorry for your friend though, I hope things work out. [/quote]

Oh, we know, but we just want to see the clip. Yeah, her parents are super restricting and putting down of her.....sad thing? She is 21. Growing up, they pretty much taught her TO depend on them for everything, so it is very hard for her, even if she is an adult. If only you all knew.....but yeah, we hope so too. While she is with us, we hope to let her actually have a good time.
amphitrite

Post by amphitrite »

I'm keeping an eye out as well, I hear I was in that clip as well! (I don't mind, I just want to see :D)

If anyone sees it, please post a link!
FanboyTous

Post by FanboyTous »

[quote=Moose]A friend of a friends, whom we met up with and had great fun going about the Con, was dressed as Deadpool.
Many many people stopped us every few feet to take his picture, hug him, various things.
Even to the point of Dancing the Macarana. After he finished and joined up, a Radio came out of nowhere and interviewed him, as Deadpool ^^
Crazy, Ladies loved the deadpool. Though one guy though it was some sorta spiderman costume.[/quote]

I was interviewed for a Radio Show too. I don't know if it's the same one or not, but do you happen to know the station or name of the radio show?
FromZeroToHero
Experienced Poster

Post by FromZeroToHero »

[quote]Oh, we know, but we just want to see the clip. Yeah, her parents are super restricting and putting down of her.....sad thing? She is 21. Growing up, they pretty much taught her TO depend on them for everything, so it is very hard for her, even if she is an adult. If only you all knew.....but yeah, we hope so too. While she is with us, we hope to let her actually have a good time.[/quote]
WOW guess these parents never heard that it is their job to try and push their children into the world. Still I can't see why a concert is ok but a convention isn't and like that other dude said their was like two concerts VGO and some Jmusic act

shinigami88
I'm new!

Post by shinigami88 »

Thats what i was going to say, maybe she said she was goin to a barney concert sing along or something
pasttheshy

Post by pasttheshy »

Speaking of radio, AB actually got mentioned on Matty in the Morning on Kiss108,Friday morning.