Once again, how do you feel now that it's over?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
infjeff
Experienced Poster

Post by infjeff »

[quote=maikyaera]It was my first con, so I wasn't prepared to be exposed to this huge amount of awesomeness so I'm pretty much going through withdrawal. I keep thinking about it and what I should've done differently and how I should've acted and I keep planning future cosplays.. and I get really sad whenever I think about it :([/quote]
Hey I know exactly how you feel. Connecticon '09 was my first con and I felt like I missed out on a lot. But I thought of it as a learning experience and was able to enjoy AB '10 a lot better. I made a schedule of events I was interested in, created a dealer's room shopping list, looked at maps of the convention center online and brought some snacks along to save time and money. (Unfortunately I didn't handle my camera very well this time around, oh well another learning experience for next time!)
Secret Duckie
Veteran Poster

Post by Secret Duckie »

It pretty much feels just like the day AFTER Christmas.

Something you'd been waiting for for SO LONG, and were so pumped about, then it's over and you're like 'Ohh cool... now I have a whole YEAR before I can do it again!' )':

(But my debit card is happy that it's only once a year. ;D )

But it's especially depressing since this was my first con. Ever. And it was sooooooo amazing. I missed a ton of stuff and was late for everything (including only being able to go to like half an hour of the Ball), but I still had such a great time. I can't believe how different it was from normal real life. Everyone is so cool and nice, and no one judges anyone for anything. Horray for anime fans being the best! 8D

Now it's time to get ready for PortCon, and work on Cosplays for next year! Whoo!
SS4Moku
Getting the hang of this...

Post by SS4Moku »

This was only the 2nd time I've gone to AB, but my 1st entire weekend.

I had a great time, lots of fun, met some cool people. Then I realize that after this, it was back to work and the mundane boring life I live.

It saddens me a bit, because the experience I had here was wonderful and can't compare to anything else. Now I'm stuck looking at pics, videos, trying to relive all the memories.

I guess I should just keep my head up and look forward to next year. Hopefully I can be prepared and have my 1st ever cosplay!
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

To be honest, I was a little disappointed. I had this great costume (the wig gave me issues) but my friend (most of you might remember Cid from FF 7)...he was getting the attention left and right. I come to find that there were so many Clouds! Last year there were hardly any (also, last year I cosplayed as Roxas and there were far too many of them last year). I keep cosplaying the popular costumes...Granted I had a lot of fun, it was just disappointed to see so many Advent children Clouds. Last year, when all was said and done, I couldn't stop talking about AB. This year...I was ready to go home on Sunday. I don't know what the difference was. Maybe next year I'll be amped.
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
azyryan
Expert Poster

Post by azyryan »

It was a lot of fun. I loved every minute of it.
Really depressed when I woke up and had to go to school instead of the con, but the weekend was the most fun i've had since forever.
First con ever and I'm uncontrollably excited for next year
(Currently working on cosplay ideas for AB2011 :content: )
AB10: Myself :P
AB11: Misa Amane & NANA Osaki
AB12: Misa Amane & Dead Master
AB13: Stocking & young Genkai
AB14: Stocking, Young Genkai, Christie Leroux
AB15: Botan, Chrisite Leroux, Vanellope Von Schweetz
AB16: Koto, Umi Sonoda, Asuka Tanaka, Liv Moore
AB17: Naho, Yukina, Stocking (PJs), Hanamaru
AB18 Plans:
Friday: Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph)
Saturday: Stocking Sailor vers. (Panty and Stocking)
Sunday: ??