Favorite moments?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2010.
Misa Sugar
I'm new!

Favorite moments?

Post by Misa Sugar »

[quote=patamon][quote=Misa Sugar]
20. Realizing there are apparently no rules against going barefoot at Anime Boston. XD
[/quote]

Heh, I eventually took off my shoes (because my feet were getting sore) and I was walking past security people in just my socks, and no one said anything at all. It was awesome. xD[/quote]

XD We looked in the rulebook, asked the Information Desk AND asked con staff if we were allowed to go barefoot. They were like, 'Uhhhh, we're not sure... Just go around barefoot until someone yells at you?' My friend went barefoot for two days straight. XD
theorangecat
Veteran Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by theorangecat »

[quote=ReinaPhi18]Fave moments?

SATURDAY:
- DEALERS ROOM! (Except that one bitch.... >.<)
- Being judge at the cosplay court case
- The ball was by far my favorite moment...my boyfriend proposed to me... <3 <3 (Hush, its a secret!!!)

Already know what I'm doing next year!!! I had so much fun this year!!![/quote]

It's stories like that that make me glad that I work on the Ball ^_^ Congrats on the engagement
Jaimee K

'12 - '24 - Live Video Production
'11 - Junior Tech Staff
'07 - '10 - Formal Dance Staff
Candy Man Criminal
Experienced Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Candy Man Criminal »

my favorite moment was the short lapse of time where i was wandering around and found just about every Haruhi there
(i call it haruhi hopping)

since i was kyon it was pretty cool, got some got photo-ops too ^_^

(if anyone HAS those pics, i'd like them!)
Superbus
Determined Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Superbus »

[quote=Bluebeard45]GREEN MAN! I was entering the dealers room on Friday afternoon, and just as I reached the door Green Man walks out, taps me on the shoulder and says "How's it going!" and then before I can say "Holy crap, it's Green Man!" and get a picture, he was gone. I was able to track him down for a photo later, but just the appearance of Green Man at AB10 made me happy the whole weekend. That was easily my favorite cosplay of this year's convention. That was a fantastic idea.[/quote]

YES!!! A FAN!!!

I was greenman this year (and now everyyear) and i loved it just as much as all my fans. Great time tons if glomps (given and recieved).

Best moments:
Hugs
Getting my censor tape patted by a Yoko from Gurren Laggan
Throwing Laggan cosplay around at Sat dance
Being creepy
Dancing all around
And grabbing a guys hand on the opposite escalator, jump onto the opposite escalator give the guy giant hung, and then bolting down the wrong way on that escalator

[color:green]GREENMAN!!![/color]
redbird53
Getting the hang of this...

Favorite moments?

Post by redbird53 »

Magikarp beat down lol....funniest thing all weekend

and people actually recognizing me as Marie Antoinette
TheNerdyFeminist
Veteran Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by TheNerdyFeminist »

- getting a great overall response to my Germaine cosplay!
- spending time with people, especially my boyfriend <3
- seeing old friends
- going braless for two and a half days!
- getting lots of good stuff in the Dealers Room
Tymm
AB Alumni

Favorite moments?

Post by Tymm »

This was my first year working at AB as a security staff member and here's some things that stand out.

- I was working an autograph line answering this couples question. I notice the girl is wearing a House MD shirt that says "It's Lupus". I tell her it's never Lupus and she says yes and hands me a mountain blast powerade.

- Seeing some one dressed up as Dr. Clayton Forrester from Mystery Science Theater 3000.

- Seeing a girl dressed up as a Battle Royale character with the collar and all :).

- Having my own personal stalker that appeared in ever line I did autograph security for. Not actually a fav just funny..:)
Tim McKenzie
Security Staff 2010-2014
kalevinrajo

Favorite moments?

Post by kalevinrajo »

Well, obviously, the VGO concert. I swear to God, I still get blown away watching the youtube vids of it.

On a more personal note, I went to go sit in a corner to do some work (yeah right), and there was a Team Rocket cosplayer with a remote control Magikarp. It's a suitable distraction; I pulled out my tiny RC Bidoof and we had a battle right there in the corner! Mostly it was Magikarp actually driving and Bidoof failing to go in a straight line, but damn I had a blast! And I even won somehow! Still not sure how that worked. I really wish someone had taken video of it, but I didn't see any cameras...alas.

Also, my friend went to the Gamestop in the mall to buy a PSP so he could play a game he bought in the Dealer's Room. Yes he bought the game before realizing that he couldn't actually play it. Don't remember which one...

And oh yeah! Watching Team Magikarp pop up out of nowhere and bolt down the main hallway being chased by a chef! Apparently I was standing next to the camera when it happened? I don't know, but I love you, and I wish I had seen more of you.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I remember not being able to wear my Nabeshin suit because my hair hadn't regrown from the last haircut ;; On the one year I didn't see any others, too.
DM9Rei
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by DM9Rei »

[color:brown]Favorite Moments? well...
-Getting my picture taken so much this year <3
-The Kuroshitsuji group photoshoot on Saturday (since apparently there was one on Friday... I missed that one)
-The little photoshoot my own personal Kuro group had infront of this window in our hotel~
-THE FRIENDS <3 Especially my room buddies <3!
-Ballroom dancing outside of the starlight ball because we didn't have enough tickets. Maybe next year?
-And so much more <3 I miss AB so much~![/color]
lyraparry11
Veteran Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by lyraparry11 »

~at least 30 pictures taken of me over the course of the con
~my friend telling me she got a picture taken for cure magazine (she was a harajuku girl)
~getting "taken hostage" during the steampunk photoshoot
SpazzyNinjaSpork
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by SpazzyNinjaSpork »

- THE HETALIA PANEL (also photoshoot)! I was the crazy-arse Taiwan sitting up front. Asking Arthur Kirkland if the eyebrows are a way of compensating for anything was a riot. And I just loved everyone at that panel. I can't tell you how many times I've quotes the hilarity from there. :D
- Hating on Canada. I mean, that one part of America that isn't America.
- Being Joshua! <3 First time really crossplaying. :D
- Seeing a Missingno. and getting infinite masterballs from him. Also making Magikarp our official Mayor.
- Whenever my group of TWEWY cosplayers got our picture taken, we did a make-shift pose of what Death/Patty/Liz do in Soul Eater. That was kind of awesome.
- Masquerade line, always good times. See also: Cosplay Chess line.
- When I was Fuko I chased down my friend (as Neku) who stole my starfish. I bet that wasn't totally awkward to watch.
- My friend (cosplaying as Seychelles) had a giant blow-up Shark. We named him Phineas. 'Nuff said.
- I GOT AN ADORABLE AXEL BEANBAG. HOLY JEEZ SO CUTE.
- I think I made some friends! I hope. xD;;
- The list goes on. c:
Anime Boston 2011: Angel Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt), Fuko (Clannad)
Anime Boston 2012: Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
Anime Boston 2013: Tamako Kitashirakawa (Tamako Market), maybe Marceline (Adventure Time)
Do I bleed awesome? No. Awesome bleeds me.
Tandellia
Experienced Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Tandellia »

~Our first official photo shoot with people who also enjoy persona games and making new friends because of it yay!
~Hugging Eleanor from Bioshock 2 and talking with her about her costume making (I squee'd a lot on the inside, you were awesome Eleanor!)
~Anime Unscripted was AWESOME!
~Being told my husband and I were very in character during one picture shot (Minato and Chihiro both being shy during the photo)
Badgename: Veracisa
2009 Persona 3 Mitsuru
2010 Persona 3 Chihiro
2011 Couldnt go :(
2012 Persona 3 Mitsuru Version 2.0!
Vulgar_ism

Favorite moments?

Post by Vulgar_ism »

[quote=Cirno The Ice Fairy]By the time I name everything I would have written a book. I'll post a few.

-SEEING A TEAM GALACTIC COSPLAY GROUP. It made my Saturday. 8D
-Mock Combat for cosplay
-The Hetalia Panel
-Cosplay Court Case IV
-15 people wanted a pic of me XD
-EVERYTHING I BOUGHT. Seriously.
-AND MUCH MUCH MORE :'D[/quote]

I was in that Team Galactic cosplay group ;D
http://www.facebook.com/schizoidcosplay

Upcoming Cosplays
Merry Nightmare
Team Flare
insanekaosx
Experienced Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by insanekaosx »

My favorite moment? Not being quite as terrible in the Dating Game as I thought I'd be. I was afraid I'd freeze up and be terrible, but now I just think I was subpar and mediocre XD
cub

Favorite moments?

Post by cub »

Let's see

1) not being able to take 10 steps without gettting 30 pics of my oldest daughter and me dressed up as subject delta and eleanor from bioshock 2.

2) having 2 girls ask me to marry them dressed up as subject delta.

3) not breaking my fully upgraded shotgun until I walked out of the elevator going to my room.

4) My oldest being psyched that she got to drain the adma out of 3 people at the con.

5) hearing the guy say "look! it's a little soap!" at my 6 year old dressed up as 'soap' mactavish from Call of duty modern warfare 2

6) having the valet guy recognize my juggernaut costume from Call of duty modern warfare 2 and then talking strategy on how to kill me on veteran duty for 10 minutes

7) the look on my 9 year olds face when i told her we had tickets to go to the starlight ball.

8) The fact that we danced every dance that we ere there for during the starlight ball.

9) The happy look my 9 year old had when the first person who saw her at the starlight ball knew she was tinkerbell and I was peter pan.

10) the video game orchestra

11) members of the videogam orchestra playing at the starlight ball.

12) my kids saying this was the best convention EVER!

there is more but I think I have said enough.

Let's hope next year is a good one too!
LadyFae
AB Alumni

Favorite moments?

Post by LadyFae »

[quote=cub]

7) the look on my 9 year olds face when i told her we had tickets to go to the starlight ball.

8) The fact that we danced every dance that we ere there for during the starlight ball.

9) The happy look my 9 year old had when the first person who saw her at the starlight ball knew she was tinkerbell and I was peter pan.

10) the video game orchestra

11) members of the videogam orchestra playing at the starlight ball.

12) my kids saying this was the best convention EVER!

there is more but I think I have said enough.

Let's hope next year is a good one too![/quote]

Oh was that you with your daughter in the corner of the floor? I thought you were both the sweetest thing ever :) I love it when parents bring their children to the Formal Ball!!
Rebecca Irvin Lee, lady of many hats

Anime Boston Executive Team (GR, Relations, PR, GR) 2002-2008,2013-2016
AB Formal Co-Chair 2006-2009
Ballroom Dance Instructor 2008-2012
21+ Lounge coordinator 2010-2014
NEAS Board Member 2002-2003, 2011-2016
penwhale
AB Alumni

Favorite moments?

Post by penwhale »

[quote=patamon]Getting my picture taken 21 times and having 26 different people recognize me. I wasn't expecting that, since the series my cosplay was from is not very well-known... :3[/quote]

:o I missed a Railgun cosplayer!?

My favorite moments:
- Routing the security team somewhat for the barrel game (You know you did a good job when a red-shirt says to you "You know we can't let you leave here with that barrel right?" and 3 orange-shirt pops out of a nearby room as she says she's calling for backup)
- Lightsaber fight with Darth Vader!
- Ambushing poor little BLU scouts.
- TIGGER!
- VGO
- VGO Pre-Show
- People recognized me as Red Mage from Final Fantasy series despite the fact I didn't have my jacket/tabard on.
Chin-Yu "Henry" Chen
2011~16 - Registration Staff
2007, 2009, 2010 - Attendee
Cosplays:
2010 - Scout (TF2), Red Mage (FFXI)
2011 - William T. Spears (Kouroshitsuji / Black Butler)
2012~2014- Koutaro (Rewrite), William T. Spears
2015 - Koutaro, Kirito (Sword Art Online - Aincrad ver.)
2016 - Koutaro (only for Formal Dance)
RubyBlight

Favorite moments?

Post by RubyBlight »

[quote=Tymm]- Seeing some one dressed up as Dr. Clayton Forrester from Mystery Science Theater 3000.
[/quote]
I can't believe I didn't see this.

Anyway, my favorite moments had to have been:
-The Dealer's Room. I finally got my Play Arts Zidane, courtesy of a kind friend. I also got a blind box Zidane. I love when workers don't mind checking what's in the boxes. :3
-The AMV contest. I loved the Comedy category.
-Taking a picture of my friend with The Doctor.
-Having pictures taken of me and getting hugs.
-Seeing a Robot Unicorn cosplayer.
-Finding other Final Fantasy IX cosplayers.
-Getting to look at Nobuo Uematsu during the closing ceremonies.

Edit: I almost forgot. I loved how crazy efficient the badge pick-up line was. My friend and I went on Friday morning and we couldn't have been in line for more than twenty minutes. It actually took us longer to find the line than it did to wait.
Squee
Determined Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Squee »

-Saturday, somebody in the south tower put their number up on the window, so we called them and did demonic voices. Funniest stuff ever.

-Doing the Caramelldansen and YMCA in the window or my room with a few other girls on Saturday night and waving to the security person with the light saber that was looking over from the south tower.

-Getting taught the basics of Magic the Gathering then going out for breakfast at Au Bon Pain with this really epic guy.

-Frisbee. In a formal dress.

-Second floor of the Sheraton outside the ball room. 4am. Coffee ice cream. Whipped cream. Giant circle of people. Lack of sleep causing me to think that someone's Boston accent was a Russian accent. Awesome time.

-Riding the T for the first time. So much fun! Lol.

-HUGGING OBI-WAN KENOBI. It made my life complete.
Purishira
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Purishira »

well one of my favorite moments was when i was in the "Future of the Fullmetal Fandom" panel! it was great and funny! good combination =^^=
reiji_kiryu

Favorite moments?

Post by reiji_kiryu »

Aww, I saw you and freaked out- I wasn't expecting any Railgun cosplays because it's sort of "the little anime that could" at the moment. I didn't say anything either because I was in character or in that sort of cosplay starstruck mode one enters when they see a character that they really like (despite cosplaying since AB 08, I can't shake that...).

Anyway, my moments:

Thursday
1. The three hour drive up from CT is actually a lot of fun, thanks to my sweet iPod mixes. Each year there's one moment in the drive when I really enter into vacation mode and think "oh man, this is heaven." This year: singing along (and cracking up) to "Dance, Soterios Johnson, Dance" by Jonathan Coulton.
2. Pulling into the Sheraton and feeling the great memories flood back. Crossing that threshold is like entering another world for me. Seeing a sweet Travis Touchdown stroll by is a major plus.
3. Staying in my super-awesome corner room again. God do I love that room.
4. Receiving my badge! I will forever be traumatized by 08's line, so this is always a great moment.
5. The suddenly annual tradition of hitting the Cheesecake Factory in celebration. Cue food coma-induced "why don't we just watch 2012?"

Friday
1. Getting on the show floor at 9 AM. A glorious time before the crowds and insanity, when the con is actually kind of peaceful and everyone is settling in.
2. Photos and photos and photos, and the sudden realization that I've finally put together a popular costume.
3. Seeing my girlfriend in a cutesy gothic lolita outfit. It is very unlike her and ever so adorable.

Saturday
1. Persona photoshoot part one! Meeting a bunch of new friends is always great, but new friends + photos + great costumes is spectacular.
2. More photos? Seriously? The popularity briefly got to my head.
3. The hotel pool. Man do I love that pool.
4. Persona photoshoot part two! We were all weary, but the addition of a few new cosplayers and a tiny bit of exhaustion and craziness-fueled lucidity made for a hilarious end to the day.
5. Sticking around after the shoot to enjoy the quiet nighttime con and taking a few moody photos (I call them "ending credits shots").

Sunday
1. Hugs I guess? I dig hugs.
Wii Block Her

Favorite moments?

Post by Wii Block Her »

[quote=Penwhale][quote=patamon]Getting my picture taken 21 times and having 26 different people recognize me. I wasn't expecting that, since the series my cosplay was from is not very well-known... :3[/quote]

My favorite moments:
- Routing the security team somewhat for the barrel game (You know you did a good job when a red-shirt says to you "You know we can't let you leave here with that barrel right?" and 3 orange-shirt pops out of a nearby room as she says she's calling for backup)
- TIGGER!
- VGO
- VGO Pre-Show
- People recognized me as Red Mage from Final Fantasy series despite the fact I didn't have my jacket/tabard on.[/quote]

You so know we called for backup.... but it was a great game.. we had a blast
Jen Legay
Security Auditor 11,12
Security : 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11

At this time we are not hiring any Ninjas.
However, we are growing and things are always changing so please
continue to be in touch
penwhale
AB Alumni

Favorite moments?

Post by penwhale »

[quote=Wii Block Her][quote=Penwhale][quote=patamon]Getting my picture taken 21 times and having 26 different people recognize me. I wasn't expecting that, since the series my cosplay was from is not very well-known... :3[/quote]

My favorite moments:
- TIGGER!
- VGO
- VGO Pre-Show
- People recognized me as Red Mage from Final Fantasy series despite the fact I didn't have my jacket/tabard on.[/quote]

You so know we called for backup.... but it was a great game.. we had a blast[/quote]

Yes it was... And I wonder what it'd be like if you get all the securities in one place trying to take one guy out :p
Chin-Yu "Henry" Chen
2011~16 - Registration Staff
2007, 2009, 2010 - Attendee
Cosplays:
2010 - Scout (TF2), Red Mage (FFXI)
2011 - William T. Spears (Kouroshitsuji / Black Butler)
2012~2014- Koutaro (Rewrite), William T. Spears
2015 - Koutaro, Kirito (Sword Art Online - Aincrad ver.)
2016 - Koutaro (only for Formal Dance)
GrandGalacticInquisitor

Favorite moments?

Post by GrandGalacticInquisitor »

Favorite moments? Well...

-Being greeted to cupcakes by Valve photoshooters on Saturday.
-Drowning out the "MARCO POLO" stuff by screaming "JASON?"(Ten points to anyone who catches the reference)
-Making so many friends at the Saturday Valve photoshoot.
-Brofisting everyone I could see!
-Having both my cosplays be well-recieved by others.
-Friday night's dance! Especially when my friends and I ran into the middle of the dancefloor and started dancing like crazy in the smaller dance room.
-Chilling out in the Dealer's Room!

I have more, but I'll edit this post later.
Anime Boston 2016 List:
Friday: drunk
Saturday: drunk
Sunday: hungover
Knave
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Knave »

[quote=GrandGalacticInquisitor]Favorite moments? Well...

-Being greeted to cupcakes by Valve photoshooters on Saturday.
-Drowning out the "MARCO POLO" stuff by screaming "JASON?"(Ten points to anyone who catches the reference)
-Making so many friends at the Saturday Valve photoshoot.
-Brofisting everyone I could see!
-Having both my cosplays be well-recieved by others.
-Friday night's dance! Especially when my friends and I ran into the middle of the dancefloor and started dancing like crazy in the smaller dance room.
-Chilling out in the Dealer's Room!

I have more, but I'll edit this post later.[/quote]

JASON, WAIT FOR YOUR DAD SON! JASON! PRESS 'X' TO JASON!

Hi Sam! Next year I might go as Ethan on Sunday, with a big sign around my neck that says "PRESS 'X' TO JASON!"

SlAyErPaTh
Dedicated Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by SlAyErPaTh »

I'll bring a red balloon for the extra. :D
Red_Wolf
Experienced Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Red_Wolf »

[color:purple]- The dance Friday Night.
- The elevator dance ride that was fun.
- Playing apples to apples saturday night outside the dance.
- Getting to meet new people
- Not going to bed and just walking around with people.
- Seeing old friends c:[/color]
megmo
Determined Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by megmo »

Forgot yet another one...and took me a week to get my brain working...
-Seeing one of the most epic Justin (Soul Eater) cosplayers come up behind our Shinigami-sama, tap her of the shoulder and then proceed to bow before her!
FunnyHorsey

Favorite moments?

Post by FunnyHorsey »

Walking around in a horse mask and having to explain that i wasn't cosplaying/wasn't with Fakku was pretty fun.
Fetch
Show-off

Favorite moments?

Post by Fetch »

Greenman: in the Dealer's Room, one of the dealer's was doing special photos with a green screen.
I asked if they had seen you. Their response:
"We half hope he doesn't ask for a picture."

Not exactly any faves this year.
The masq was good as always, but compared to last year, it seemed to be missing something. Not sure what though.
Alicegirl_22

Favorite moments?

Post by Alicegirl_22 »

1. Seeing the Finn from Adventure Time and Flapjack cosplays. They were great, so much fun!
2. 15 pictures taken, 21 people noticed us and knew who we were. They were amazing!
3. The plushie workshop. I realized I was a lot like the lady who was directing it.
4. The random girls who ran up to us and hugged us. They happened to have their Ipod, which happened to have the Gakuen Alice theme song! In lack of pom-poms, we just dropped everything and did the cute little dance ^^
T I G G E R

Favorite moments?

Post by T I G G E R »

This was my first time cosplaying at AB, I went as Tigger, and I was constantly getting stopped for pictures, and people were always asking for hugs, it was awesome!

- I loved seeing Flapjack & Adventure Time cosplayers!
- Playing Apples to Apples in the hall, and having random people join.
- Getting tackled/glomped.
- Being attacked by crossplayers is always fun. (Man-misty was epic.)
- A business man (Who was defiently not there for the con) saw my "Free Hugs" pin, and shouted "Tigger!" and then gave me a hug. It made my day.
- Going into the Body Shop store, and having the employees take pictures of me and my friend as Tigger and Pikachu. c:

There was a lot of awesome moments this year.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Favorite moments?

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Fetch]The masq was good as always, but compared to last year, it seemed to be missing something. Not sure what though.[/quote]
Bad skits? XD

Favorite moment has to be our masquerade skit, followed closely by throwing whipped cream at dokool during the AMV editor's dinner. I shall cherish that memory forever.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Team Magikarp
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Team Magikarp »

Entertaining thousands as Magikarp. If I made an impact on your con experience then I had a great time =D
Kyuubic
I'm new!

Favorite moments?

Post by Kyuubic »

[quote=Nashida]-The Nine-Tailed Fox playing fetch with a squeaky cheeseburger and [/quote]

That was me! ^.^

As for my favorite moments...Hmm...

+DarianFlynn's Kakashi cosplay and how we kept running into each other. I know I already said this on facebook, but the second mask beneath the first made my day.

+Spending time with my Jes<3 (aka Luxray)

+Finding, hugging, and chatting with (as Chibi Kyuubi) the other Kyuubi (AmandaMaie)--YOUR SUIT IS AWESOME!!!

+All of the Dogs: Bullets and Carnage and Fairytail cosplayers that I did or didn't see, since I downright love those series and want them to become more mainstream.

+Everyone who commented on my "STARFISH LOVES YOU!" shirt. (To whom I immediately replied "I WANNA BE WITH YOU FOR EVER!")

+Playing fetch with the squeaky toys with the Hetalia(?), etc cosplayers and frisbee with the amassed Akatsuki as Chibi Kyuubi.

+Raving as Chibi Kyuubi with Luxray, Arcan-err--Growlithe, and Umbreon at the saturday dance.

+Playing patty-cake with the Yachiru cosplayer that while she was on Kenpachi's shoulders.

+Being called the Easter Bunny by kids in the mall while in kyuubi xD

+Getting a free smoothie

+Getting chased by the various Tobi's and a random guy with scissors

+Anyone who hugged me or took photos with me

+The last skit of the Hentai Fan dubbing panel

+Magikarp, in general--RC and Team

+and grapes....and much more
Mok

Favorite moments?

Post by Mok »

Thurs. (pre-con)
- driving to Wawa at 4 in the morning, then back to the house to pick up the forgotten pokewalkers
- the drive through NY's Jurrasic Park-like area/ancient colloseum
- stopping at a rest stop close to MA to spend $4 trying to collect all the monkeys in that coin slot machine thing...we only got 7 of the 8
- getting to/finding the Sheraton
- watching the vendors set up and roaming to find old faces we worked with as staff at other cons
- being named "Team Zeta" (aka the bestest team ever) at the security staff meeting xD

Fri.
- walking through swarms of cosplayers early in the morning
- kept checking up on Animadness because they were the only one with a big Yui plushie...and bought it before anyone else could :3
- finding an Izaya cosplayer
- met up with friends for dinner at Wagamama
- finding a Durarara!! group when I was done with my shift...only to realize I didn't have a camera on me ;_;

Sat.
- the insane "take a picture with a pokemon/pokemon-related people" game that had many con attendees confused
- that intense barrel game that had me fight off 5 challengers in a row...Team Order FTW! (damn you, Chopper!)
- searching for that Magikarp and devising plans of kicking it to make it evolve into a red Gyarados
- talking about Lantern rings during our lunch break
- the random stuff said on our walkie talkies (including singing the pokemon theme song (old and new), the pokerap, & the rickroll song)
- chasing the Animadness girl when she ran away with the barrel
- not paying the extra $1.25 for a 3rd scoop of orange chicken at panda express (they forgot. I happily didn't remind them)
- the hentai dubbing panel minus the fairly meaty guy who flashed everyone D:
- dancing at 1am as a frog
- attempting to order pizza from Papa John's at 3am

Sun.
- finding a Shizuo walking around with a stop sign while I was guarding the VG Cats booth...again w/o a camera on me ;_;
- getting a free kitty fleece hat from the nice lady on hall b ^_^
- becoming the pokemon champion in Sinnoh (thanks to dual owl studios) :D

I've probably forgotten a few already though.
Crash Override
Veteran Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Crash Override »

-Escorting Nobuo to his room and watching someone dressed as Ichigo from Bleach flip out when they saw him.

-Getting hugged by a little boy while I cosplayed as Nemesis and having him cling to my leg until his mom took a picture of us.

- Someone turning in a cellphone they found and having the owner call me a second later. " AT the dance sitting on a table. Big brown dude." It was pretty funny.

- Some girl kissing me for finding her purse.

- Magikarp! Even better was the Magikarp hugs!

- My orange jumpsuit not tearing when I sat down as Bane. :laugh:

-VGO concert was amazing!
We are all the same when it comes to cosplay. Our motives may be different but in the end we all just want to play pretend.
lindystar
Experienced Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by lindystar »

-In the girls lavatory Saturday night having a raver!Deidara going to the Informal dance realize I was very!formal Deidara going to the Starlight ball. We all had a laugh!

-All the great people being so nice asking for pics, no weird tackle!glomping

-The Tobi I got to strangle with my legs as Deidara at the Saturday photoshoot and then saw again outside a panel later that night. You were great!

-Every Narutard at the photoshoots, especially: [color:blue]the sound 4 group plus Kakuzu- your cosplays were EPIC EPIC WIN;[/color]Posing as Hidan with Izumo and Kotetsu stabbing me in the Naruto photoshoot on Friday; [color:brown]the Choji and Shikamaru and Kakashi who posed with the flasher!Akatsuki group- good sports guys!;[/color] [color:orange]the Sasori that made out with my (Deidara) hand-mouths at the Sat photoshoot, you were awesome!;[/color] Shoutout to all my other Deidaras- you were cool and fun and fabulous and I love you all!

-[color:purple]The Kakashi with the Pakkun plushie on his shoulder who I saw +5000 times walking around on Sunday- I promise I wasn't stalking you![/color]

Everyone at the con: I love being together in Otaku communion; the camaraderie was so excellent.
Song of a Phoenix
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Song of a Phoenix »

[color:purple]My favorite moments were:

-Getting my picture taken several times on Friday and Saturday and getting compliments on them! <3
-The two girls Friday night who thought my Hisoka plushie was adorable and took a couple of pictures (my sister said the same two took my picture as the Silent Hill nurse on Saturday too. I didn't realize it, but if it was them, that is even more awesome!).
-Seeing other Yami no Matsuei cosplayers at the photoshoot (even if I didn't talk much...I tend to be quiet in groups ^^; ).
-Having somebody interviewing me about my SH nurse costume, except I hope they don't use that footage for something, or at least not all of it, because I have a feeling it came out terrible with my fidgeting with my costume and wondering what to say. Just the fact they wanted to interview me made me happy. XD
-Talking to the 3 1/2 year-old Ed Elric Saturday. So cute!
-Magikarp![/color]

2016:
Florina (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Jinx (LoL), Nora Valkyrie

2015:
Guy Cecil, Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones), Alice Elliot

2014:
Leila (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Guy Cecil, "Marth" (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

2013:
Flynn Scifo, Trish (Devil May Cry), Garry (Ib)

2012:
Shion (No. 6), Guy Cecil, Tabatha, Tsuzuki Asato

2011:
Guy Cecil, Tabatha (Tales of Symphonia), Tsuzuki Asato
Ficus
Show-off

Favorite moments?

Post by Ficus »

Favorite moments all weekend:
~all the friends I got to hang out with, even if only for a few min the entire weekend.
~the dating games with epic fanservice, Gary Oak, and AA.
~being in an award winning masquerade skit. I got to touch the shiny award!
~getting to the formal ball at the end and still getting in a few dances.
~being Yuuko's "wingman".
~twilight bashing, then seeing a sparkly Alucard, followed by more twilight bashing.
~Aizen kitty!

Not favorite, but still cool:
~finished a new cosplay, and all my compliments were how good my nails were.
~fell during the Soul Eater photoshoot. There are pictures somewhere out there.
~found many ingenious ways to be even more useless
~moving target on a tired sunday afternoon
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
DarianFlynn

Favorite moments?

Post by DarianFlynn »

[quote=lindystar]

-In the girls lavatory Saturday night having a raver!Deidara going to the Informal dance realize I was very!formal Deidara going to the Starlight ball. We all had a laugh!

-All the great people being so nice asking for pics, no weird tackle!glomping

-The Tobi I got to strangle with my legs as Deidara at the Saturday photoshoot and then saw again outside a panel later that night. You were great!

-Every Narutard at the photoshoots, especially: [color:blue]the sound 4 group plus Kakuzu- your cosplays were EPIC EPIC WIN;[/color]Posing as Hidan with Izumo and Kotetsu stabbing me in the Naruto photoshoot on Friday; [color:brown]the Choji and Shikamaru and Kakashi who posed with the flasher!Akatsuki group- good sports guys!;[/color] [color:orange]the Sasori that made out with my (Deidara) hand-mouths at the Sat photoshoot, you were awesome!;[/color] Shoutout to all my other Deidaras- you were cool and fun and fabulous and I love you all!

-[color:purple]The Kakashi with the Pakkun plushie on his shoulder who I saw +5000 times walking around on Sunday- I promise I wasn't stalking you![/color]

Everyone at the con: I love being together in Otaku communion; the camaraderie was so excellent.[/quote]

Kakashi here.
its ok if you were i had a few hahaha
but i had a blast i cant wait to go back!
HeartExalted

Favorite moments?

Post by HeartExalted »

My favorite moments...

-Buying a wig and kitty ears
-Wearing said wig and kitty ears
-The "How to Survive a Mecha Attack" panel -- very enjoyable!
-Seeing someone cosplaying my current favorite anime character (Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation)
-All the awesome work in Artists Alley (particularly a very explicit picture of Light and L from Death Note -- squee!)
-Bettina Kurkowski's panels on creating manga
The warm red shades of the sunset have a melancholy beauty.
Solitary tears fall into the sea that I sealed away inside my heart.
The bright light that I missed will not come back to me now...
So I want freedom, just like the wind that will come with the next sunrise.
Digital Rain
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by Digital Rain »

My favorite moment from the con HANDS DOWN was when I went to Clarine Harp's autograph signing. I was nervous because it was my first time having something signed xD I brought a Ryuuhi card for her to autograph and she said that she hasn't seen one of those in years and that I was the first person to ask her to sign it.

I felt warm and fuzzy inside :3 (Super Yu Yu Hakusho nerd here)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Favorite moments?

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Being front and center for the VGO concert.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
infjeff
Experienced Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by infjeff »

Perhaps my favorite moments of the weekend were the VGO and masquerade pre-shows and seating. Even though my seats were lousy both nights (I was pretty much in the same spot for the two shows, the same balcony collumn blocking the screen) the slide shows were hilarious and I loved the exciting atmosphere of the audience. I had a blast doing the wave, chanting NINJAS! and YURI! and singing along to Pokemon.

Oh yeah, the shows themselves were amazing too ;)
Fetch
Show-off

Favorite moments?

Post by Fetch »

[quote=infjeff]Perhaps my favorite moments of the weekend were the VGO and masquerade pre-shows and seating. Even though my seats were lousy both nights (I was pretty much in the same spot for the two shows, the same balcony collumn blocking the screen) the slide shows were hilarious and I loved the exciting atmosphere of the audience. I had a blast doing the wave, chanting NINJAS! and YURI! and singing along to Pokemon.

Oh yeah, the shows themselves were amazing too ;) [/quote]
perhaps you should bring a sideways periscope for next year, just in case you get that same bad seat. ^_^
jakeissanji2185
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by jakeissanji2185 »

Having 50 something people join the Heart Pirates while I was Trafalgar Law during the weekend, simply through hugs and high fives
cause thats how you join the Heart Pirates
and you're all my first mates, I don't discriminate.
AB 2012 Lineup

Skypiea Sanji (One Piece)
Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)
Sawtooth humanized (Homestuck)
Ficus
Show-off

Favorite moments?

Post by Ficus »

[quote=jakeissanji2185]Having 50 something people join the Heart Pirates while I was Trafalgar Law during the weekend, simply through hugs and high fives
and you're all my first mates, I don't discriminate.[/quote]
Just remember I was promised breakfast in bed every morning, made by that adorable albino teddy.
Ashley Shaffer
jakeissanji2185
Expert Poster

Favorite moments?

Post by jakeissanji2185 »

[quote=Ficus][quote=jakeissanji2185]Having 50 something people join the Heart Pirates while I was Trafalgar Law during the weekend, simply through hugs and high fives
and you're all my first mates, I don't discriminate.[/quote]
Just remember I was promised breakfast in bed every morning, made by that adorable albino teddy. [/quote]

curses....you remembered
AB 2012 Lineup

Skypiea Sanji (One Piece)
Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)
Sawtooth humanized (Homestuck)
Ficus
Show-off

Favorite moments?

Post by Ficus »

[quote=jakeissanji2185]
curses....you remembered[/quote]
Yup, and now that I'm down a captain to return to, I'm taking you up on that offer to join.

~favorite moments of AB can sometimes be afterwards when you can catch up with friends over what happened that weekend.
Ashley Shaffer