Anime Unscripted feedback

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
PatrickD
Sometimes mistaken for Vu

Post by PatrickD »

Chris, Greg, Troy, Jekka, and I had an amazing time doing Anime Unscripted at Anime Boston 2009. It was the 27th convention the event has appeared at. We'd love to hear what you guys thought of the show!

Did you like our new Powerpoint Roulette event?

If you want to read more about Anime Unscripted, check out our site at http://animeunscripted.com/
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Post by gmsenpai »

I don't know about everyone else but I found 'Powerpoint Roulette' enjoyable and innovative. Is there any plans for other types of video backdrop games? Such as 'Live Broadcast' from the original Who's Line, where you take one person put them in front of a green screen or video screen to report on something thats going on behind them while two other members take the role of studio anchors giving the first member hints on what hes reporting.

Thats the only sort of feedback I'm able to give without repeating insanely positive thing I've said for years about AU.
PatrickD

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=GMSenpai]I don't know about everyone else but I found 'Powerpoint Roulette' enjoyable and innovative.[/quote]
Thank you!

[quote=GMSenpai]Is there any plans for other types of video backdrop games? Such as 'Live Broadcast' from the original Who's Line, where you take one person put them in front of a green screen or video screen to report on something thats going on behind them while two other members take the role of studio anchors giving the first member hints on what hes reporting.[/quote]
I would love to be able to do that game, but it would need a green screen setup backstage someplace where the person can't see any of the screens. ...which, if you've been backstage, isn't easy. That's mainly why I've avoided it. I'm also not sure if tech is capable of doing the chromakey necessary for the green screen.
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

[quote=PatrickD] I'm also not sure if tech is capable of doing the chromakey necessary for the green screen.[/quote]

heheh come now pat, give us a challenge! but the odds of us having the ability to place a "studio" back stage is... uhm no. The original whos line was DONE in a studio, sadly main events isn't one!
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
Babbit
Expert Poster

Post by Babbit »

[quote=PatrickD]I'm also not sure if tech is capable of doing the chromakey necessary for the green screen.[/quote]
Our HD switcher this year was equipped with two keyers: one downstream and one-full fledged keyer capable of doing chroma key.

The same switcher was also capable of doing a "clean-feed" which would've allowed you to ditch the posterboard for party quirks, and not give away anything to the contestants looking at the stage monitors.
PatrickD

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Babbit]The same switcher was also capable of doing a "clean-feed" which would've allowed you to ditch the posterboard for party quirks, and not give away anything to the contestants looking at the stage monitors.[/quote]
We are SO doing that next year! :)
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

all you need to do is include us with your pre-planning and i'm sure we can make it better...

you know our emails!
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations