formal Ball:Can u arrive after it starts?

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
marikotoeii
Committed Poster

Post by marikotoeii »

My partner might be working that day and may not get into the con until 7-8. I was wondering if it is possible to enter in the middle of the event. I was also wondering if I would be able to get their ticket for them if i have their badge, since obviously they will be working and wont be able to pick it up.

** Also what do you need to get your ticket? just your con badge?
Hopallee
AB Staff

Post by Hopallee »

[quote=marikotoeii]My partner might be working that day and may not get into the con until 7-8. I was wondering if it is possible to enter in the middle of the event. I was also wondering if I would be able to get their ticket for them if i have their badge, since obviously they will be working and wont be able to pick it up.

** Also what do you need to get your ticket? just your con badge?[/quote]

Please see the Ball information page .

"Those who registered for tickets online have between 10 am and 5:30 pm (one hour before the ball) on Friday to claim their tickets from our table outside Ballroom B. If you do not claim your ticket on time it will be given away to someone else."

If you show up at 7 with a ticket in hand we will welcome you inside but if you show up at 7 without a ticket, then your ticket will have already been given away.

"Each person in line will only be able to request one ticket. "

Only one ticket per physical body in line. And all you need is you con badge handy to prove you are a registered attendee.

Hope McChesney
Assistant Director of Programming/ Formal Ball Co-Chair
jnik
Show-off

Post by jnik »

[quote=marikotoeii]if i have their badge[/quote]
Just a reminder: "Badges must be worn and visible at all times for access to convention events. Each attendee must retain possession of his or her own badge for the duration of the convention and may not loan or give the badge to anyone else except as directed by Anime Boston staff."

Obviously we're not going to sneak into your hotel room to make sure you didn't leave the badge behind when you went for dinner (although I still wouldn't recommend it), but using someone else's badge to pick something up for them is exactly the sort of reason that policy's in place.