Free Swag?

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Free Swag?

Post by troublemaiker »

okay, so i heard there was free swag at ab07. is that true, cuz if there was, i totally missed it. I know there was someone handing out shin masks and Beck posters, was that it? all the stuff at ab is expensive (but well worth it) and i was just wondering more about the free swag.
and if this is posted in the wrong area, im sorry. im a total dunce when it comes to where things go...
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Free Swag?

Post by basharoftheages »

Industry guests give things away some times... it happens...

::shrug::
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
xenocrisis0153
Needs a purpose in life

Free Swag?

Post by xenocrisis0153 »

[quote=Raver Gaara]okay, so i heard there was free swag at ab07.[/quote]
free swag at a con is part of the experience. Industry guests give out stuff all the time... and not just at their booths in the dealers' room. Be sure to attend industry panels for more free goodies... and it helps to come prepared with questions since people who participate in the Q&A usually get something nice.
Faceman
AB Executive

Free Swag?

Post by Faceman »

My friends and I went to the Bandai panel last year. Which wasn't so much a panel as it was "Watch our trailers, and then we have trivia prizes." As it turns out, a large number of shows I watch/own are distributed by Bandai (Love Hina, Mai-HiME/Otome, Gundam, Witch Hunter Robin, .hack series, Galaxy Angel).

I nabbed the first question, got a T-shirt and a Haruhi Suzumiya poster, which I traded well for at the swap meet (everyone wanted it). And then I gave my friends the answers to the other questions, and we walked out with another poster and more free shirts and other such things.

Just gotta know where to go. "Educational" things like panels, tend to be best. Because they're organized by professional groups & companies, who have money and can afford prizes and swag.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
troublemaiker
I'm Special!

Free Swag?

Post by troublemaiker »

thanks, i shall do that this year. last year i kinda wondered around like a dumb goose. just staring at everyones costumes. it was fun, but i missed alot of cool stuff. still awesome