2022 Swap Meet Question

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
coscove
I'm new!

2022 Swap Meet Question

Post by coscove »

Hey everyone, can't wait for the con this year and to start trading our stuff!

Does anyone know who's the organizer for the swap meets in the past years? I've been helping organize cosplay swap meets at other cons, where it's a hybrid between virtual and coat check style. Everyone who wants to buy/sell can set up their items online and link payment to them. Then at the con, they just drop off their stuff at the equivalent of a coat check. Other people can brose and buy their items (and pay directly online) and pick up at the coat check without everyone having to man the booth. Does this sound interesting to people? If so, I'll see if I can try to get in touch with the organizers and see if we can make this happen
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Re: 2022 Swap Meet Question

Post by waynoinsano »

OK, been going since 13 here's the info.

1. No selling is allowed only trades, If you are looking to sell try FB groups there is Anime Boston Social, otoku craigslist among others.

2. The actual swap meets are usually held on the fri and sat night between 8 or 9pm til 10 or 11 pm depending when they can get room big enough.

3. If you plan on attending line up early there usually isn't enough tables and you might have to set up on floor.

4.usually there is a dedicated swap meet thread to list your items and wants. So you can set up trades and put items aside before hand. It is common set up trades outside of the actual swap meet as the actual meet usually happens at same time as major events like the concerts. Set the trade and pick a time and location to swap that works for both parties, usually sheraton lobby or another easy spot to meetup.
coscove
I'm new!

Re: 2022 Swap Meet Question

Post by coscove »

Thanks for sharing!