Hare Hare Yukai (TMoHS) Dance?

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
DumbBrunette
Experienced Poster

Post by DumbBrunette »

Now, I'm not saying it's entirely plausible. Heck, it's probably way too late, but it only occured to me now. And, given how a lot of people seem to already know it. . .

How many people would be interested in participating in a full blown Hare Hare Yukai dance (theoretically in a big open space like the courtyard)? No cosplay required, and certainly nothing official. More just a little treat like Duck, Duck, Goose was last year, if I recall correctly?

Just throwing it out there. If this isn't the right place, I apologize, but it didn't seem right to put it in the cosplay forum.
Atashi
Veteran Poster

Post by Atashi »

Check out the Suzumiya Haruhi photoshoot/meeting thread on Cosplay.com; we're planning to do and teach other people the ED dance as a part of our meeting. The meeting will be at 3pm on Friday, by the fountains.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=107618

As for the dance, I don't think most people know more than just the TV size version of it (approx. 1 minute long). Stick around on Saturday evening and you just might see it being performed during the Masquerade competition. ^_^
Mr.Hentai
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Mr.Hentai »

I'm all for doing the full version. I just can't do it at 3p on Friday cause I'll be in the SSBM tourny. But, I think doing the T.V size is dumb, since there's not constant dancing and standing there doing nothing just looks BAD!
Atashi
Veteran Poster

Post by Atashi »

The TV Size version is constant dancing; the special TV Size version was released with the last DVD and it is slightly different from the normal episode endings in that all of the still shots are removed.

See here, not improvised dancing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHoPUk9pDY

The full version, on the other hand, only had its storyboard released, not actual animation, so no one really knows how it's supposed to be done...
DumbBrunette
Experienced Poster

Post by DumbBrunette »

Unfortunately I can't make Friday at all. Boo. It would be interesting seeing people try to learn then and there.

I guess the masquerade is the best bet.
cheshiresmiling
Expert Poster

Post by cheshiresmiling »

that video= most adicting thing ever.

I was planning on maybe nest year getting my friends to dress up as characters and do it at Karaoke. >>

Id definately want to come at least to watch. ^^
AB2k12: John Egbert(Homestuck)
AB2k13: Carter(The Secret World), Karkat Vantas(Homestuck)
My Tumblr | DA
gendoikari12765
Experienced Poster

Post by gendoikari12765 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjoAyA3arO0&NR=1
For anyone who wants to learn the dance. =)
Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus »

Sweet, I was already planning to commandeer the karyoke room and gather my minions to mass the HareHareYukai..But I guess I'm not alone.
I cant make it Friday, but I'll be there on Saturday. I hope to see that Haruhi has already taken over the convention by the time I get there...
I'm sad I'll miss the fountain meet-up, but it's beyond me, sadly.
Oh, but I'll definitly need video coverage of the dance. (Specially if you're able to fill the entire courtyard :D )
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024