Monty Oum Tribute

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
Fireheart117
I'm new!

Monty Oum Tribute

Post by Fireheart117 »

On February 1st, Rooster Teeth animator and creator of RWBY, Monty Oum, passed away after suffering from a sever allergic reaction during a medical procedure that put him in a coma. He was only 33 years old.

Monty accrued quite the fan base over the years, and has been an inspiration to many creators, including myself. So with AB right around the corner and knowing that there will be a lot of RWBY fans and fans of Monty himself there, I would like to coordinate with those people to do a little tribute to him.

I'd like to get a big group together, maybe with a big banner that says something along the lines of "We miss you, Monty" or "In memory of Monty Oum". Get a nice group photo together with it.

So, anyone like this idea? I'm sure there's something more we could do if enough people are on board.
Last edited by Fireheart117 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runawaysorcery
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Monty Oum Tribute

Post by runawaysorcery »

That sounds like a good idea. You should bring this idea up in the RWBY cosplay thread:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19171
They already are planning some times to meet up for cosplay pictures so there would be a group of Monty fans all together
AB2016 Line-Up:
Friday: Lightning Farron with Oerba Yun Fang in the Deathmatch!
Saturday: Weiss Schnee
Sunday: Danny Vasquez

All my cosplays: Weiss Schnee, Lightning Farron, Cassandra Pentaghast, Danny Vasquez, Izana Shinatose, Asami Sato, Inquisitor Lavellan, Avatar Korra, Ramona Flowers