Formal ball? (cosplay question)

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Formal ball? (cosplay question)

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

If this is in the wrong place please let me know....

I have a formal (i think it's formal anyway) school uniform that I was thinking of wearing to the ball (i'm still not sure if I can go yet it depends on what's going on that time of night if i wana go or not) The cosplay in question is not from an anime or from an asian Drama of any kind , but it's from a show that's on US Tv, but from a private boy's high school (http://www.successcircuit.com/wp-conten ... arbler.jpg) I love wearing my warbler Jacket even in public sometimes....

but the point of this was to ask if i could get away with that for the formal ball and not have to go all out and find a "dress" I hate i mean hate dresses...with a die hard passion (i'm very short: example a from my icon: i'm the one in yellow and pink in the picture) and it just doesn't look good on me

and i feel more comfeterable in something like that, not to mention i don't have to go back to the hotel room and change later on.... and it'd be fun to be a warbler for a day no? ^^

sorry if this got carried away, but my first question was, can i get away with something like that as a cosplay for the ball instead of going all out? (i'm dead serious about this the answer may be the deciding factor since i more then likely won't have a date for it and all that and might not stick around for the entire thing if it was just me)
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Re: Formal ball? (cosplay question)

Post by waynoinsano »

that's pretty much what I wore 2 years ago slacks and a blazer.
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Re: Formal ball? (cosplay question)

Post by Miyu chan »

Waynoinsano, please do not answer questions directed at staff. slacks and a blazer would not be enough to meet the dress code.

That said, since the uniform Spirit_Girl01 posted is a suit, with a blazer, tie, and appropriate shoes, it would be acceptable.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009