Game Show - Hyakunin Kuizu

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Game Show - Hyakunin Kuizu

Post by PatrickD »

Anime Boston Game Show Staff is proud to announce the return of Hyakunin Kuizu (Family Feud) to Anime Boston!

Hyakunin Kuizu (Family Feud)
Family Feud returns to Anime Boston and avoids copyright infringement by changing its name so cleverly! Hyakunin ni Kikimashita Kuizu, "We asked 100 People Quiz!", is the Japanese version of Family Feud. Teams of five take on questions and try to guess the answers that 100 people previously surveyed might have given. Rack up points by guessing the top answers on the board. Win faaaaabulous prizes, fame, and prestige. Or lose and get mocked. Either way it's a good time.

Participation Info:
We will select four teams of 5 people each at the game. Preference will be given to teams that are already a group of 5 (and not just a group of 2 or 3) and teams that have a theme of some kind (like "Team Digimon Cosplay").
The first two teams will face head-to-head and then the second two teams will compete. The winners from those first games will then face each other in the final game to determine who goes home with the top prizes.

Survey:
We need your help! Take our survey at http://animeunscripted.com/survey/
Please answer each survey question with the first answer that comes to mind. Don't think about your answers too much...and definitely don't go to Google looking for an answer! There are no wrong answers!
* Questions are presented in completely random order.
* Not all people will receive the same questions.
* You may not answer any one survey question more than once.
* If you don't have an answer, LEAVE IT BLANK.
* Bogus answers will be deleted...so if you're just here to screw around, don't waste your time.
* Please only give one answer per question. (Do not say things like "one or two", "depends", or "I don't know.")
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: Game Show - Hyakunin Kuizu

Post by Sayoria »

Done. Got a podcast question, but I don't follow or even know of one, so I had to skip it. :(....
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Done. Got a podcast question, but I don't follow or even know of one, so I had to skip it. :(....
That's fine. When a question reaches the number of responses we need, I'll turn it off...so if you leave one blank, someone else can answer it later. No biggie!

(...although the people that answer "I don't know" instead of leaving them blank can be a pain. I have to remove those responses manually.)
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I almost did "-" for the answer. I kept it blank though. Will pass this off to a few of my friends.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

One of the more interesting bits of the Family Feud was the fact that the general population they sampled questions from was occasionally so ignorant that several of the answers would end up being wrong or not making any sense to someone that knew what they were taking about. Subtle social commentary. It's kinda sad that you manually take that aspect out.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:One of the more interesting bits of the Family Feud was the fact that the general population they sampled questions from was occasionally so ignorant that several of the answers would end up being wrong or not making any sense to someone that knew what they were taking about. Subtle social commentary. It's kinda sad that you manually take that aspect out.
Oh, I don't take out "wrong" answers. I only take out crap like, "I don't know", "Me", and "YOUR MOM!" If a lot of people legitimately seem to think that "rice" is a kind of sushi, that stays in.
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Hey hey hey now, are you referencing my answer? Lol. Did I read the question wrong? I thought it was asking for something that can be found or made in sushi, not a type of sushi. If that's the case, then whoops. Rice is actually the reason I don't eat sushi tbh.

If the question was actually type of sushi, I can change it for you, haha.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Hey hey hey now, are you referencing my answer?
I don't know who answers what. (Remember how you didn't type your name at any point.)

A LOT of people have answered rice. *sigh* I may toss that question out. (That's why I ask about twice as many as I need. Any perfectly fine questions can just get used next year anyway.)
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Ah, true. Anywho, looking back at the question, it DOES say:

"Name a common sushi item"

And well..... rice is one. When seeing to name a sushi "item", it is natural to assume you are looking for ingredients. Like, if it was "name a cake item", would someone say chocolate and marble, or are they more likely to say sugar and icing? That is why I, and apparently others were saying rice.
Supermot
AB Alumni

Post by Supermot »

I may have answered a in slightly smart-alec way to the chibi question. It would make me very happy if it didn't get thrown out, though. :D
Tom Wilder
Staff Supply Manager 2011-12
Staff Logistics 2013
Merch. Staff 2014-15

Doug's brother 1983-present
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I see you changed it Pat. Was just linking it to someone else interested, and saw the question reworded, but I also saw a question that had no question. It was just....blank. I didn't fill it in again, just wanted you to be aware you have a dead question.

http://i42.tinypic.com/29kxfv9.jpg

Reference to what I mean.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

Supermot wrote:I may have answered a in slightly smart-alec way to the chibi question. It would make me very happy if it didn't get thrown out, though. :D
It depends how smart-alecy it was...but it's unlikely it will ever see the light of day since any answers that only one person says will never show up on survey results. (It would be unfair to try to make people try to guess it.) ...so you wasted your own time and mine. Awesome. :P
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:I see you changed it Pat. Was just linking it to someone else interested, and saw the question reworded, but I also saw a question that had no question. It was just....blank. I didn't fill it in again, just wanted you to be aware you have a dead question.
This question intentionally left blank.

Don't worry about that one.
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List