FNM: Anime boston style Magic the gathering

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Deruku
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Deruku »

Hello, I have been playing MTG (magic the gathering for about eight years) and one of the best tournaments is FNM (friday night magic) it is a simi-casual and extreamly fun way to meet new people and make frieds. I was wondering if this would be something that I woulb be able to hold, I would be able to provide prizes (if I was allowed to charge a small fee I wouldnt try to make a profit just enough to pay for the prizes) and be able to provide someoene to judge the event,
midnight
Experienced Poster

Post by midnight »

that sounds fun.
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

I have seen people play M:TG at an anime con before even though it's not quite anime-related (let's just say it's less related to anime than Yu-Gi-Oh, Chaotix and Bakugan) so I can see something like this bwing looked on positively. Only thing is my deck is so old school it should be in a nursing home.
Deruku
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Deruku »

Well if anything I could make it a draft,
LegendofMyth
Experienced Poster

Post by LegendofMyth »

last year there I think they actually did hold FNM friday night, and there were a couple tournaments over the weekend (2Headed Giant etc.). There were a decent amount of players.
hylian85
AB Alumni

Post by hylian85 »

They usually run a number of Magic tournaments at con every year including FNM.

If you have any questions about Magic events go to http://www.pandemoniumbooks.com/

You also might stop by the store. They have a pretty good group for drafts and tournaments.
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Post by smoagendash »

There will certainly be FNM at AB'10!