Role-Playing Game Schedule!

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Post by smoagendash »

Friday:

2pm-6pm: Whatever Happened to Black River? (Hunter: The Vigil RPG) - Your new hunter cell has stumbled upon an abandoned sanctuary of veteran hunters. Can your cell unravel the mystery of their disappearance before they meet a similar fate?

2pm-6pm: Ready, Set, Gogh (Shadowrun RPG) - By 2070, life literally imitates art. Some people have a fetish for it and it's your job to see that it's delivered and still breathing. New player friendly. 6 players. Pregenned characters will be available, or you can bring your own SRM characters.

3pm-7pm: Something Amiss in Coldcreek (D&D4e)
- This is a basic introduction to 4th edition D&D.  Never played before?  No problem!  Everything will be provided for a novice player.

7pm-11pm: Block War (Shadowrun RPG) - What starts as a petty fight could degenerate to a full scale war.  When things are turning sour, who said mediators had to be neutral?  New player friendly. 6 players. Pregenned characters will be available, or you can bring your own SRM characters.

7pm-11pm: The Cliffs of Karthaut (D&D 3.5e) - In this published adventure, Vargo Kent’s sanctum has been violated, and a page ripped from his spellbook. You and your adventuring companions have been charged with finding that page; leading you to a remote lighthouse on the Dragonmere coast where rumors of scaled terrors above and below the waters have caused you to question what forces are vying for that page’s recovery. Faerûnian lore and extra PHs welcome!  4-6 9th level pregen characters provided.

8pm-midnight: Who's the Dragon Slave Now? (D&D4e)
- Lina Inverse has been captured during 'that time of the month' by the evil fish-man-thing Soonsa, Noonsa's cousin. He's planning on handing Ms. Lina over to two dragons willing to pay quite well. Gourry, Amelia, Zelgadis and his two friends are working to free Lina, then you must deliver the pain on the forces of evil, cause dragons have treasure!

Saturday

11am-1pm: Ranma 1/2 Crash! (D&D4e Encounter) - An all out Ranma Royal Rumble, everyone's fighting for Ranma's hand in marriage, two teams can face off and the beat down each other individually or you can work out alliances when the die is thrown. Mix in a few mingler's (npcs) and you might just have to work together or die. Winner gets to marry their flavor of Ranma.

11am-3pm: Springtime Revels (Changeling: the Lost RPG) - The Spring Queen is ascendant once more! But how can the changelings of Green Town celebrate when invaders from the Hedge keep appearing?

Noon-4pm: The Ol’ Codger (D&D 3.5e)
- This lighthearted fantasy version of ‘keep-away’ takes the unbalanced party to the extreme. Alistair Almost, a wealthy retired village merchant has just buried his beloved wife, but his anger at her loss has driven him to contract you to avenge her death—on the condition that he join in the fun. Role-play is encouraged and extra PHs welcome!  4-5 6th level pregen characters provided.

1pm-5pm: Burning Bridges (Shadowrun RPG)
- The voice on the other end of the comm sounded desperate. The kind that pays well. Then he asked, "How much do you know about demolitions?"  New player friendly. 6 players. Pregenned characters will be available, or you can bring your own SRM characters.

4pm-6pm: Ranma 1/2 Crash! (D&D4e Encounter) - An all out Ranma Royal Rumble, everyone's fighting for Ranma's hand in marriage, two teams can face off and the beat down each other individually or you can work out alliances when the die is thrown. Mix in a few mingler's (npcs) and you might just have to work together or die. Winner gets to marry their flavor of Ranma.

6pm-10pm: Raven's Moon (D&D) - The land around the forest has sickened and died. The onslaught of the undead did not stop with the Lich's Demise. Unicorn speaks to the animals of a legend that Raven can lead them to the promised land on the other side of the sky. Come join your friends Wolf, Bear, Owl, Fox, Horse, Ferret and more as they make the dangerous journey to find a new home.  

6pm-10pm: Last of the Warrior-Maidens (Big Eyes, Small Mouth RPG)
- The Enemy Ghost has arisen and has destroyed all but one of the warrior-maidens. Can a new untested group assume the mantle of the fallen champions and drive back the darkness forever?

7pm-11pm: The Bloodstone Cartel (D&D 3.5e)
- Even villains need to get their start somehow! Allying with a few trustworthy—and like-minded—neighbors, with some help from ousted denizens of Castle Perilous, you might be able to corner Vaasa’s Bloodstone market. But if you’re to be successful, you’ll need cunning teamwork & bloody-mindedness. Role-play is encouraged, Faerûnian lore and extra PHs welcome!  4-6 1st level pregen characters provided.

Sunday:

11am-3pm: Monkey Wrench (Shadowrun RPG) - A little milk run like this should be no problem. Though, it sounds like you don't get much time. Non-lethal rounds and no legal complications makes these "security consultant" gigs the best in the Big Apple. New player friendly. 6 players. Pregenned characters will be available, or you can bring your own SRM characters.

Noon-4pm: Hynes-Crawl Boston Edition (D&D4e) - Anime Boston is busy setting up, but a Trekky convention has set up trying to steal the location. Similar to an X-Crawl game, we'll be playing in a throwdown room by room bashing to get the Trekkies gone and be at opening ceremonies. Clear the rooms so Artist Alley, the Dealer Room, Panels and Main Events can all be ready for AB09!

Noon-4pm: Dragons for Playthings (D&D 3.5e)
- Drawing heavily from dracocentric rulebooks, come try out races & classes rarely played! You join a troupe—with diverse backgrounds shrouded in mystery–united only by common ancestry and a threat from a draconic icon known throughout the Old Empires. Role-play is encouraged, dracophiles and extra PHs welcome!  3-4 15th level pregen characters provided.

Noon-4pm: Elemental Fury (Marvel Superheroes RPG) - The Beantown Brigade is the latest incarnation of a decades-old hero team. Lately the elements seem to be turning on the city of Boston and it is up to the heroes to find out why.
eatpokemons
I'm new!

Post by eatpokemons »

I'm new at D and D. I absolutely love to play but I'm still incredibly begginerish when it comes to playing...I'm a bit intimidated to play with people who know what they're doing...so should i stay out; for my own good...or jump into these games?

I see "somthing amiss in cold creek" is for begginers...thats reassuring...what about the others?

ill bring my dice just i case :o
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Post by smoagendash »

Jump in!

If you can play in "Something Amiss in Coldcreek" you should definitely so so. D&D 4th edition, while not universally loved by long-time D&D enthusiasts, is absolutely the most straightforward and easy to learn version of the game.

If you can't make it to "Coldcreek", I'd just pick a game with a storyline that appeals to you and show up a couple minutes early to talk to the person running the adventure. Explain that you haven't really played before but you are definitely interested. Considering that no game ever seems to start on time anyway, it is entirely likely that the DM/Game Master/Storyteller will be able to give you a quick run-down on rules before things start.

Good luck, and hope to see you next weekend!
drorain
Expert Poster

Post by drorain »

Absolutely come on down for the Coldcreek game, I will make getting started as easy as possible, I will have characters premade so you can choose which class you'd like to play. I am also going to provide power cards (you'll learn what those are at the game) that'll make the flow a lot easier for the game. Animated is good, as a DM I reward creative ideas, remember the rules are only there as a suggestion and I'm flexible, so yes feel welcomed to the game, cause you definitely are!