Trading Clothes Game~

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Bryguy180
Expert Poster

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by Bryguy180 »

This probably isn't what you're thinking it is...Basically, I and a few other people have/are designing a game meant to be played from T-shirts.

I'd like to think it's not just shoving a system on to a shirt; we've thought about it as a game designed to be on a shirt the whole time, rather than designing the system before the game.

Anyway! We hope to have some shirts at Anime Boston. If anyone is interested, and you see a couple of guys carting around some shirts - we're giving these ones away, and we'll explain how the system works (It's very simple!), so feel free to ask for one...Considering that we're giving away free shirts, please understand that we're only giving one per person, and that we have a pretty good working memory for faces.

If enough people at the con get shirts and wear them, then you could even start playing the game how it's meant to be played at the convention - see someone in one of the shirts, and initiate a duel.

...That just about covers it. If you're really especially interested in it right now, you could take a look at this site. I hope you guys like the concept.
Roessen
Veteran Poster

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by Roessen »

This sounds really interesting. I'd probably be able to convince my friends to join in, as well. This gives us the ability to yell out "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL" in public, right? I mean, in a way that has meaning.

Though most of the con I will be cosplaying, but if I do end up taking part, the shirt will be worn at all times when I'm out of cosplay.
I PLAY GW2 DO YOU PLAY GW2 LET'S TALK GW2 STUFF YAY
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-3096
NNID: Roessen
PM if you added me!
Bryguy180
Expert Poster

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by Bryguy180 »

Sort of, so long as you're not disturbing other con-goers. I know the staff'll get annoyed if people are yelling left and right throughout the con because of this. So I guess just not really loudly? Within reason, yeah, you can have fun with it~

I'm curious as to how many shirts people think we should bring. The annoying part is we really can't afford to give away that many...The main point is to spread this as far as possible, I'd be fine with eventually breaking even. Especially because I'm cosplaying and have a hotel room, spending a bunch of money on this (even if it is good marketing) seems a bit dumb.
I honestly think we'd only be able to bring like, three of each type of shirt (there are twelve types) X.x
Fetch
Show-off

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by Fetch »

PLEASE say that you've checked with AB staff about this BEFORE you mentioned it on the forums.

This gives off vibe of: cool idea but...

(I'm not sure what)
Bryguy180
Expert Poster

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by Bryguy180 »

...Ah, really? This would be something I would have to check with the AB staff about? Um...If that's the case, they can feel free to lock this and send me a private topic...X.x I figured that as long as I wasn't -selling- them, it would be alright...It's not like we'd set up a random table somewhere, we'd just carry a few shirts around with us...

Edit: I reported the first post in order to get this resolved as quickly as possible, I hate being in situations like this...
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by pulsedemon »

You'll probably want to hear from someone in Security or something, just to make it clear that I'm not the last word on this. Given that they're the ones that would probably be hearing people shout at each other the most, I'd personally defer to them. I'd ask you to keep the giving-away-free-shirts out of the Dealers' Room, provided you end up doing it. Not just because there's people selling shirts and not just because there's usually someone beta testing some kind of game (which seems to be, concurrently, where you're going with this and where you are currently with it) but because it's specifically part of the contract that people exhibiting in there can't walk around and give away free shirts.

It sounds pretty interesting, though, for what it's worth. This game would probably only be feasible at a large event like this, though, where there are a lot of like-minded people walking around. Or maybe on a school campus, where people are kind of concentrated in one area.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Bryguy180
Expert Poster

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by Bryguy180 »

Yeah, I wasn't planning on bringing them into the dealer's room (Or the artists alley or anywhere else), not only because of those reasons but because it would just be plain rude.

The reason I'm posting this on here is because I'm not going to be announcing to people that I'm giving them out. First of all, I'd run out way too quickly; I'd also need to cart around a TON of shirts, rather than leaving most in my room; and thirdly, again, that would be rude. I'll give them to anyone who asks about them, in whatever fashion (ie, either 'Oh hey, I heard about that shirt thing, can I take a look?' or 'Huh, what's that shirt your holding? It looks cool' or anything else)

I will talk to security about it, though...Who would I send a message to? I will emphasize the fact that people shouldn't be shouting whenever I give them a shirt, and will of course be quiet myself, but I do realize I don't have much control over people who choose to be disruptive, whether it be through this game of mine, another game, or just general roughhousing. I do hope it won't cause any problems =/

Oh, and yeah, it would definitely be at its best within a convention. I like to think of it as an ice-breaker, really, and a huge part of conventions is meeting people with the same interests.
DreamAeris
AB Staff

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by DreamAeris »

As Part of security I would bring this up with someone in gaming and or live gaming in those areas.

This brings to mind for me something like the barrel game the masquerade and cosplay groups that staff has - Speak to them - see how it's run and then back to us.

They understand the rules of games/events like that - i'd also check with those area's most of all to be sure there are no rules you're breaking because each area/dept has it's own core rules to focus on.

Over all though, from my experience just don't be stupid and block escalators, bathrooms, hallways, doors - if you'd want to walk by it into it etc, don't stand there. Be smart and out of the way and please don't disrupt panels, events, anything else you wouldn't want to be othered in - also, not in hotel rooms, the prudential - basicaly keep it in the hynes please - or in the sheraton

i think i've covered everything, but do pm someone from programing, live events, etc.
Nikki Jones (Kolosha)

Chief of Staff/ Assistant Security Manager 2018-Current
Assistant Security Manager 2009-2017
Security 2005-2008
Information Desk 2004
Volunteer 2003
Bryguy180
Expert Poster

Trading Clothes Game~

Post by Bryguy180 »

Alright, thanks for getting back to me.

After looking over the topic, though, I've decided this will be a non-issue in '09. Considering how close it is to the convention, it wouldn't be that great of an idea to try and contact a bunch of different departments and get clearance and such, even if I conduct myself well. With all that's going on, someone's bound to get confused or not understand.
...For anyone who does want a shirt, though (since I'd rather not promise to give out shirts and then not do so), send me a PM or look for a Mid-Boss cosplayer at the convention. I'll get a shirt to you sometime after the convention, if that's fine =3.