Dai Kaiju : Die Boston

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Cat
Experienced Poster

Post by Cat »

Gojira & Co. are coming back this year to trample the 8' x 8' model of Greater Boston! Bonus victory points for the kaiju that finishes off the Prudential Center with the Hynes and the Sheraton Towers.

Last year, the giant flying catgirl with the big machine gun wiped out Anime Boston a few times ^,^
HellCat
Expert Poster

Post by HellCat »

Elaborate please.
Cat
Experienced Poster

Post by Cat »

This is a tabletop game which will be running in the game room throughout the con. With [a lot] of help from [a lot] of friends, I've built a model of the whole Rte 128 loop around the city of Boston.

Here's a picture from last year's gaming at Anime Boston:
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1374 ... szdxw0.jpg
In this staged publicity picture, Godzilla and MechaGodzilla are battling it out at Logan; the sea monster from Toho's Kong Island is swimming past Winthrop, King Kong is hanging out in the financial district, and Mothra is hovering over the Pru.

Here's a closeup of the view from Fenway, looking up over the green monster at the Green Monster:
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3857/g54citgofr5.jpg

This year, more detail will be added to the model. The signature bridges will at least be done, if not all the bridges to replace the bits of cardboard used last year.

The rules are a slightly modified version of Monster Island by Firefly Games and taught to anyone who wants to join in. They're very easy to learn, no prior experience with them is necessary.
http://firefly-games.com/catalog/index. ... 1e383075cd

Folks can join in the game at any time when there's room at the table, and play for as little or long as they like. New kaiju can wander in; others can wander off; some will get squashed by others!
marcus81884
Veteran Poster

Post by marcus81884 »

i rember seeing this in 07 i even try it out it was fun so i cant wait to play it this year
Cat
Experienced Poster

Post by Cat »

'07 was a somewhat different (but just as fun) game, Giant Monster Smash, run by other folks using their own rules, 12" kaiju toys, and a generic section of city to battle in. They haven't been able to make it back to AB.

You'll enjoy this one too, and it's a real model of Boston!
chibikakashi0101
Veteran Poster

Post by chibikakashi0101 »

Last year, late saturday night, I came across a large table top boston in the game room, but it was a star cruser thingy.....this sounds like fun though!
marcus81884
Veteran Poster

Post by marcus81884 »

well i cant wait to give it a try i got to need a crash corse again but cant wait
CaptainDatsun
Veteran Poster

Post by CaptainDatsun »

I've never seen anything like this before, but I'll definitely head over to check it out, if not just because of the giant set up. 8D

I'd love to join in too, but I don't know how to play. Bah! Either way, it'll be a blast. Can't wait to see! :D
2012} The Great and Powerful Trixie!
Cat
Experienced Poster

Post by Cat »

Katiru, don't worry, I'll have helpers with me at the table teaching people the rules and it's very easy to learn. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

chibikakashi0101
Veteran Poster

Post by chibikakashi0101 »

So wait, when does this all go down?
Cat
Experienced Poster

Post by Cat »

We'll be running games pretty constantly throughout the con, Friday, Saturday & Sunday with occaisional 1-hour breaks for lunch and dinner for the kaiju krew.
HellCat
Expert Poster

Post by HellCat »

I've never seen anything like this before, but I'll definitely head over to check it out!
Cat
Experienced Poster

Post by Cat »

Thanks to everyone who played, or just stopped by to watch the mayhem! I had a great time this weekend.

Once again, in most game sessions it was one of the giant flying catgirls with the big machine guns who destroyed Anime Boston ^,^
Cat
Experienced Poster

Post by Cat »

I have a crew of helpers all set to go and we'll be bringing Boston and its kaiju stomping terrors back to AB this year!
MrPharisee
Getting the hang of this...

Post by MrPharisee »

The anime robot catgirls are too powerful, but too awesome of a cliche to ignore T_T I want to play other monsters but the temptation always brings me to one of them.