Characters for Anime Boston By Night: Hunters Hunted

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

Hey everyone

I'm starting to put together sheets of characters for Anime Boston By Night: Hunters Hunted, and I would really love if people would tell us what anime characters they would like to see in the game this year. I know I've already received a request for Vash from Trigun, but other then that I'm not really sure. Please is there is a character you want to play, let me know cause otherwise that character may not be in the game this year.

I'm also going to be making some archetype characters this year, such as "Samurai" that you can then name the samurai character you want to play, this saves me from making possibly up to 6 different sumarai's, I'm curious how you the players feel about this?

As always, you can contact me here or at Kendernwj@gmail.com

Thanks
Nick
HellCat
Expert Poster

Post by HellCat »

I would like to see Arucard from hellsing.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

So below is who I have made for characters so far. Beyond that list I will be adding characters from Trigun, Cowboy Beebop, Dirge of Cerberus, and Trinity Blood. Please let me know if there are any characters specifically that you want to see in this game.

Alucard is down there somewhere.

InuYasha
Kagome, InuYasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippo,Sesshomaru
Jaken, Rin, Kohaku

Hellsing
Alucard, Walter C Dornez, Sir Integral Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing, Seras Victoria

Escaflowne
Hitomi Kanzaki, Allen Schezar, Merle, Millerna Aston, Dryden Fassa, Van Fanel, Balgus, Folken Fanel, Dilandua

Gungrave
Brandon "Beyond the Grave" Heat, Maria Asagi, Dr. Tokioka, Harry MacDowell, Bear Walken, Bob Poundmax, Balladbird Lee, Bunji Kugashira

Kenchin
Kenchin, Makimachi Misao, Komagata Yumi, Sadojima Hōjo, Saito

Full Metal Alchemist
Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric, Roy Mustang, Winry, Riza Hawkeye, Maes Hughs, Gluttony, Envy

FF7
Cloud, Tiffa, Aries, Barrett, Red, Cait Sith, Cid Highwind, Yuffie, Vincent Valentine, Rufus Shinra, Professor Hojo, Elena, Reno, Rude, Tseng, Kadaj, Loz, Yazoo

Outlaw Star
Gene Starwind, Jim Hawkings, Aisha Clanclan, "Twilight" Suzuka, Melfina, Ronald "Ron" MacDougall, Harry MacDougall, Professor Gwen Khan

Nana
Nana Osaki, Nana Komatsu, Nobu, Shin, Yasu, Ren, Reira, Takumi, Naoki

AS always thanks, and feel free to e-mail me at Kendernwj@gmail.com

Nick
HellCat
Expert Poster

Post by HellCat »

I also would like to see characters from The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya and characters fome Black Cat like Train Heartnet, Saya Minatsuki, Sven Vollfied, Eve, Sephria Arks and, Creed Diskenth.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

Ask and you shall receive.

So this is the final list for open characters (well this and the list above). If anyone has any specific characters they would like to play themselves let me know via e-mail and we can talk :-)

Also a slight format change, this game will be in a contested city, but the plan is for all the players to be members of the Sabbat. If anyone would specifically like to play a Cami or Gio, once again e-mail me and we can plan evil things.

Lastly if their is a character you would like to claim dibs on, e-mail me and I will put that character aside for you. Also anyone who played last year let me know if you would like to play the same character as you did last year. We enjoy repeats.

I will be posting the basic plot soon

Added Chars for AB09

Trigun
Vash The Stampede, Meryl Stryfe, Milly Thompson, Nicholas D Wolfwood, Legato Bluesummers

Trinity Blood
Alessandro XVIII, Francesco Di Medici, Caterina Sforza, Abel Nightroad, Tres Iqus, Brother Petro Orcini, Sister Paula Souwauski, Seth Nightroad, Ion Fortuna

Cowboy Beebop
Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Edward

Dirge of Cerberus:
Shalua Rui, Nero the Sable, Rosso the Crimson, Shelke the Transparent, Azul the Cerulean

Black Cat:
Train Heartnet, Sven Vollfied, Eve, Saya Minatsuki, Rinslet

Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruhi Suzumiya, Kyon, Yuki Nagato, Mikuru Asahina, Itsuki Koizumi

Nick
Rabishi
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Rabishi »

If I may make a couple of suggestions

Rushuna Tendo, From Grenadier

Agito/Akito, from Air Gear

Kamina, From Gurren Lagann

Edit: woops lol didnt see the that that was the final list
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

I appreciate the input, sadly I've got my work cut out adding the characters already on the list.

Will add them to the list for possibles next year and add those animes to my list of things to watch.

Nick
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

So below are the 12 packs that will be available this year in Hunters Hunted. The plan is to have everyone choose their characters and then let them divide themselves into packs. Each Pack will need at least 4 members, and no more then 6 members. This will become more flexible if need be but that is what we are thinking of for a start. If we get a LOT of players we will increase the pack sizes.

Also after a pack is chosen the members of the pack will have to pick their Ductus and Priest from among their pack.

Children of Jenova: They wait patiently for the return of some power they refer to only as Jenova, or Mother. The other pacts are warry of their religious Zealots but their faith and power make them a concern.

Red Dragons: This War Pack of the topmost skill hopes for nothing more then the return to bloody violence that Boston was during the beginning Nights of the Sabbat's rule. They miss hunting elders through the streets and burning down office building full of pawns and ghouls and wish to do so again. The other pack fear them for their ability to cause pain and violence, but scuff at them for they are a blunt tool.

Millenion: Some would call the Vampires of Millenion to be weak and nearly Human, but this pack is anything but. Though they don't scream into the blood night light the Red Dragons, Millenion get's plenty done their own way. They like few in the Sabbat don't mind using humans to their fullest before gutting them to die in the street.

World Regenesis Organization (WRO): The closest thing Mellenion has to any real compition in the world of mortal influence, but instead of trying to velvet glove and seduce those in the mortal world the WRO despite it's name, tricks, threatened and tortures it's influence into the mortal halls of power.

XGP's: A wandering Pack that for reasons known only to themselves has decided to stay in Boston seem to only have interence in finding the Tremere Chantry and burning it to the ground. They mummble and whisper about something being hidden in Boston but when asked they all look at eachother and deny ever mentioning so.

Hellsing: An Inquisition Pack of high regard that have hunted those who promise their souls to Demons for longer the most of those in the city have been alive. They are feared by the other pacts because of their paranoid and sometime extreme measures as much as they are respected for their sacrifices.

The Rosenkreuz Orden: This Politically heavy pact does their best to lead the war of Boston as much as actively battle in it's trenches. These are the guys that everyone seems to like or respect and act as the bridge between pacts while commanding those they feel are lesser then they. Some pacts seem to buckle under their assumed leadership, others are happy for a guiding hand.

Keepers of the Shikon jewel: No one has ever seen this Jewel that the Keepers claim to keep, but they whisper of it's power and awe. Does it really exist, have some of the victories in the war been because of it's power as they claim, or are a number of this pacts foe's dead because they crossed the Shikon Jewel. Few know for sure, but rumors fly about this strange and abstract pack.

S.O.S. Brigade: Some Cainites just wanna have fun. The S.O.S. Brigade makes everything a game, and there isn't one they aren't willing to try. This pact of fun loving twisted monsters enjoys ordering out as much as they like playing "Find the Baby" as their own form of capture the flag. Their grissly funtime intimidates some of the other pacts while others seem them as nothing more then Children.

Chronos: Some Pacts like to burn the city down to get the blood of Elders, Chronos is happy to wait, plan, and strike like surgical steel. While other packs of war are brawlers or warrios, those in Chronos think of themselves as Assassins. Not all are the point of the blade as they use all thta they can to find the best way of eliminating their targets with the least bit of risk possible.

Zaibach: This pack of Pophecy and Occult Lore do their best to figure out what was lost with the death of the Tremere Anti. Their haven is only slightly more accessibly then the Tremere Chantry, trust them on this, they've tried to enter both. Their expiences with Blood Magic though limited give them an edge over the other pacts that none seem to be able to ignore.

Juppongatana: Wanting to the rule the world and make mortals their slaves is nothing new to the Sabbat, and the Juppongatana plan on accomplishing this goal to the best of their abilities as quickly as possible. It doesn't matter to them if they have to kill anyone in their way, Sabbat or Kindred or worse, they will do so to claim themselves ruler. Some of the pacts expect this from them, others find them to be toeing the line of traitors to the sect.

As always, thanks
Nick
Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

Post by Princess_Kaylin »

I will be doing many cosplays but I will be Kyon at nights.

also how is the game played and is it a one day or all week-end event.
===========[2018]============
Princess Celica- Fire Emblem Echoes-----Jill Valentine - Resident Evil 3
-----All Week-end --------------------------------Just during Photoshoot---
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

Sounds cool, people dressed as the characters they want to play is always cool. Just make sure you get there early enough to sign up for the character you want to play.

The basic description of how to play is in the LARP AT AB post in this forum.

There are two WOD games this year, one Friday which I don't know too much about, and Hunter Hunted is Saturday from 3pm to around Midnight/1AM.

I will post the house/simplified rules for Hunters Hunted sometime in the next seven days.

Thanks
Nick
Statik.v87
Veteran Poster

Post by Statik.v87 »

Dude... FYI, it's Kenshin. Not Kenchin... lol.

:D ... :laugh: ... :o ... :) ... ;)
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

Yeah, I know. For some reason I always spell it that way even when I try not too. My own personal Derangement.

Also I lied, I won't be posting rules cause it will be easier for me to explain them right before the game instead of confusing people here :-)

As always feel free to e-mail at Kendernwj@gmail.com
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

Hey everyone,
So I just sent out a "shout out" e-mail to everyone who gave me their e-mails at the end of game on Saturday (technically Sunday). If you didn't get the e-mail and would like it, please e-mail me at Kendernwj@gmail.com (if you didn't get it but did give me your e-mail, and didn't receive the e-mail, let me know, it means I couldn't read)

Also I would like to thank everyone who played in the game, from what I was told we had almost 100 people wander through the game in total, and averaged at any given time nearly 40 players. The best part was that everyone did AWESOME. I was impressed with how well even people who had never LARPed or even heard of the WOD did, and was proud of those of the more experienced group who did so well playing with those who were new at it.

Anyways I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved as we truly could not have done it without you and that I can't wait till next year.

Nick