Queen's Blade/Gate

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Roessen
Veteran Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by Roessen »

Curious, would people be allowed to play Queen's Blade/Gate in public? I'm guessing not, for rather obvious reasons. (Though the gals don't particularly show any no-nos, they just get... unhumanly close)

I get the feeling that Lost Worlds is allowed, but if QB/G aren't allowed, then that would be understandable.
I PLAY GW2 DO YOU PLAY GW2 LET'S TALK GW2 STUFF YAY
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-3096
NNID: Roessen
PM if you added me!
Anon_99
Experienced Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by Anon_99 »

I actually brought some of my books last year and played with my ex-boyfriend in the Masquerade line, which was fun, but I wanted to play against other people. We checked the live gaming room out, but I had no idea how to go about asking if folks were interested without seeming creepy. ^^;

If other people want to play at AB '10, I'll bring all my books and we can set something up. :3
DagaYemar
Expert Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by DagaYemar »

Well I've got a couple of Queen's books and I'd love to play. Wasn't aware anyone would be interested last year, but I can bring them along for the next if you want a few games!
I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.
Anon_99
Experienced Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by Anon_99 »

Trying once again to gauge interest in actually playing the game and not just looking at the pictures (as distracting as they may be).

I can bring all of my books, but will only do so if I have people to play against. I have the following characters:

Airi
Aldora
Alleyne
Annelotte
Claudette
Echidna
Elina
Irma
Leina
Melona
Menace
Nanael
Nowa
Nyx
Tomoe
Risty (x2 :p )
Ymir

I have translations for all of them.
piemaster
I'm new!

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by piemaster »

I Might be up for some games depending on when their scheduled as long as you don't mind lending books.
Anon_99
Experienced Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by Anon_99 »

Reviving this thread to see who might be up for a few rounds in 2011! :D I still have all my books, and I'm still willing to teach folks how to play!
piemaster
I'm new!

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by piemaster »

I'd be up for some games played last year too.
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by smoagendash »

We can certainly schedule an event and list it in the Live Gaming Program Guide. Please email me at livegaming@animeboston.com.
Anon_99
Experienced Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by Anon_99 »

Replied instead to your organization e-mail, hope that's alright. Hope the times work out and I can see a decent turnout. :) I get so few chances to play this game! :p
turpentiney
Veteran Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by turpentiney »

Ummm, I was wondering if you would mind telling me how to play. I googled it, but I only found pages that were in Japanese, and with google translate's reputation, I doubt it would be good for getting rules/how to x3
I've always been somewhat interested in maybe learning to play sort of live games/roleplaying ^^
Oh! And if it helps, I watched the first perhaps, 15 minutes of the anime but... .////. my parents were home and I didn't need them walking downstairs with me feeling awkward and them thinking their child is a pervert x3
AB 14:
Armin Arlert
(進撃の巨人/Attack on Titan)
Mirai Kuriyama (境界の彼方/Beyond the Boundary)
Yui Komori (DIABOLIK LOVERS)
Anon_99
Experienced Poster

Queen's Blade/Gate

Post by Anon_99 »

Alright, here's a really quick explanation:
Before you play, you and your opponent each select a character book, remove the character sheet that's inside, then swap books. This way, what you see is your enemy ready to fight you. You select attacks and dodges from a list on your character sheet and turn to certain pages in the books depending on your choices. If you score a hit, you'll see your opponent taking damage and looking none too happy about it. :p It's harder to explain without showing someone with the actual books, but once you get the hang of it, it goes really quickly and ends up being really fun. :)

I'll be running a 2-hour demo on Saturday where I fully explain the rules, show how to play, then sort of coach people through a couple bouts so they get the hang of it. Had a lot of fun with it last year, even though at the time I was horribly disorganized! :laugh: